e.l.f. Essential Little Black Beauty Book

4.8

on 12/9/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this palette. I got this for $2 probably at Target. I don't wear frosted or shimmery eye shadows but there are plenty of matte colors. I find myself reaching for this palette almost every day. I use it for both my brows and my eye shadow. I agree that the eye shadows are not huge but I have no trouble using an eye shadow brush to get the exact amount I need and want.

My mom taught me growing up that you get what you pay for but that is not always true for cosmetics. This was the best beauty value purchase for me in 2013. I would not hesitate buying this again, though seriously I think it would take me at least 2-3 years to use up just the matte colors that I love.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the DAY Palette, #91601 (pictured above) OMG I love this little thing! I bought this online to keep at my SO's house for a broad selection of looks, because the package - a sturdy little black plastic book - is adorable and the shades look like my favorites: Neutrals, warm earthy shades and pink/bronze/plums. It's so beautiful! There's a nice mix of finishes, a really nice matte light/medium flesh tone for blending, a couple shades for my brows, and all are pigmented and smooth. If these shades appeal to you, snag this!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

A friend at work recommended this palette for creating everyday looks and I managed to snag both the cool and warm palettes at Winners for about $6.
I like both palettes but I'll probably use the warm one more. (Asian NC30 and I suit warm tones better)

The shadows do have some shimmer but nothing outrageous and definitely subtle to wear everyday.
The pigment is okay (I need to layer the colour a bit for it to show) but lasts for most of the day.

I use my own makeup brushes and not the little sponge applicator that comes with the palette.

A real gem from E.L.F.!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This cute little palette comes in two color families, Warm or Cool. Each has 28 eyeshadows and 20 lippies. The Cool has a range of purples/silvers/greys/pinks/blues/greens with pinks and reds in lippies. The Warm has a range of bronzes/golds/beige/taupes/peaches and a few greens with deeper colors in the lip range, including some bronzey shades. They come in an approximately 4x5" soft plastic book-type case, which sort of snaps together. There is no separator between the l/s and e/s, unfortunately. There is a small mirror next to the l/s. I found mine at Big Lots for $4.50 USD, which is ridiculously inexpensive. I expected to get what I paid for and figured that I would be giving these to my nieces for playing dress-up, but you know what? It's surprisingly nice quality. There are some shades that are sheer, but many have very nice pigmentation and blendability. They last all day without fading or creasing, and the only thing I use as a base is a bit of foundation. Some of the shades have a lovely pearly quality without any over the top glitter' there are also matte and a few that have sparkle. The brush that comes with the kit is a total toss-away. There is some fallout to some of the shades. But overall, I was pleasantly surprised and would purchase these again. Are they MAC or Dior? No. But they are surely the same quality as Almay, L'Oreal, etc. It's fun to play a little!

Popular Palettes