e.l.f. Cosmetics Essential Little Black Beauty Book

Essential Little Black Beauty BookEssential Little Black Beauty Book

3.7

on 11/13/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the "night" version in hopes it would be good for travelling, but even over a primer there is barely any pigmentation to any given color in this palette. It would make a nice stocking stuffer for a young girl who is just starting out with makeup, but for those who are already skilled it's not worth it by any means.

on 11/13/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

not pigmented at all especially the neutral color, even if i applying it with my finger i have to rub my finger over and over again still it only carry very little product..

Wow, straight up wow. I bought this palette on a whim bc it was 5$ and just wanted to see if the shadows would live up to the hype.....and they did. Well....partially...
The shimmery shadows with the exception of 1 had great pigmentation, not too overly shimmery, smooth and buttery, they came out true to color and the colors were all different, not like other cheapie palettes where in the pan they *look* different but swatched in actuality aren't.

Con: the matte colors are terrible, terrrrible. I had to scrape the matte colors with my nail to create a powder/pigment and then swatch, then and only then did the matte colors show up.

The con of the matte colors still isn't enough to warrant a bad review for this palette, I'm almost tempted to buy a backup of this bc there are so many dupes of coveted mac shadows in there woooot

The packaging is adorable too, folds into a little book case type looking thing so it's great for travel

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this little black book in the warm addition. I really love the colors of these eyeshadows. They work very well with my skintone. I find that the shimmery eyeshadows tend to work better than the matte colors. I find that the matte colors aren't as pigmented as the shimmery shades. The matte shades also cease more. When I apply eyeshadow primer prior to applying my eyeshadow the colors don't cease and the pigments are more intensified. I also love the design of the case. The small book design is very cute and It's perfect for on the go and traveling. Very convenient and mess free.
I purchased this for just $3.50 at my local T.J. Maxx. So it's a great bargain and a quality eyeshadow. I'm very satisfied with my little black beauty book.

I have the palette that contains more brown tones than colors. (I've long since thrown the packaging away.)

I love the colors. I've been practicing with neutral tones, and this is the best neutral palette I can find right now. A lot of selection to choose from, which is nice, and I don't have to pay lots and lots of money for shadows I might not be happy with.

I would recommend this for the dirt cheap price. I see a lot of staying power, depending on the primer you use and the shades you use. Since I use neutral colors, I don't see the fade. I might see the fade if I used bright, bright colors, but I don't.

I also use it with UD primer potion, and that helps tremendously.

The only thing I don't like about it is the way that the applicator is stored inside. I wish there was something to hold it in place; it just sits there. Every time I open it, the stupid thing falls out. I only keep it in case I want to touch up my makeup while I'm out. I use brushes to apply the makeup in the first place. I just think they could have made it so you could snap the applicator in place.

In any case, I would recommend giving it a try. If you don't like it, you're only out about $5.

on 8/31/2011 10:09:00 PM

I went to walgreens to pick up Blistex and WNW cream eye liner, didn't find what I wanted but I was so happy I saw this one! I saw three kinds beauty books there, I picked up mine called Little Black Beauty Book Volume I, and I loved it! 48 beauty colors and it's so compact! Cuteeeeee!

on 8/14/2011 12:21:00 PM

I have this in the "cool" tones. Love it so much already bought a back up. Only thing i dont like is, the eyeshadows tend to dust onto the lip colors because there is no divider. I took a bounty tissue folded in in half and shut it in there and keep it closed w/ a hair elastic. That works good.