Jurlique Purely Age-Defying Day Cream SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.5

on 3/25/2013 5:34:00 PM

I think this moisturizer should only be used by those with very dry skin, I think anyone else would find it to be too moisturizing. At some points in the winter my skin is quite dry so, unlike the other reviewers, I found this to be a nice product. I found the scent minimal and pleasing and it absorbed quickly and completely. It comes in an aluminum tube, which I liked because I think it's effective in being hygienic, blocking the sun, and allowing you to get all of the product. However, I didn't feel as though there was in sun blocking properties. It only claims to have a 15 SPF, but there was nothing in the scent or texture to lead me to believe this. It's still a lovely product, but only to be used when my skin as at its most depleted.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ingredients below. This is an ok natural SPF moisturizer for dryer or aging skintypes. It comes in the signature Jurlique metal tube containing 40ml/1.4oz (with a flimsy cheap-looking black plastic cap, what's up with that Jurlique?). Extremely hard to come by, maybe it's discontinued, I don't know, but it matched all my needs (natural, very moisturising and SPF), so I got it online.

I guess I like this, I'm just not impressed. It hydrates ok but not impressively, and it's a greasy kind of hydration, jojoba oil is second in the ingredients list. The sunscreen is not visible (no white film on your face). I guess that for the price I expect more than just OK... But that's what this is, a completely harmless, but heavy moisturiser for those of us with dry skin and a need for daily SPF. In rare cases this wouldn't sink in and just sat on my face, especially the eye area, looking white and cakey. It may be that I just didn't rinse of my night treatment well enough, so don't take it too seriously. Most of the time it sank in just fine.

No breakouts, no sunburn, ok hydration, ok under makeup and ok florally smell. I'm sure some people will love this, but for me, the search for a nice natural, daily moisturiser with SPF continues. No rebuy here.

ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 2.2%; Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive ingredients: Aqua (Water)/Eau; Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil; Glyceryl Stearate Citrate; Glycerin; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Porphyra umbilicalis Extract; Macadamia ternifolia Seed Oil; Mauritia flexuosa Fruit Oil; SD Alcohol 40-A; Sorbitan Palmitate; Sodium Hyaluronate; Sambucus nigra Flower Extract; Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract; Rosa gallica Flower Extract; Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract; Althea officinalis Root Extract; Viola odorata Extract; Viola tricolor Extract; Cucumis mel (Melon) Fruit Extract; Bisabolol; Lecthin; Ectoin; Beta Glucan; Alginic Acid; Isostearic Acid; Polyhydroxy Stearic Acid; Hydrated Silica; Xanthan Gum; Totarol; Phenoxyethanol; Ethylhexylglycerin; Hydroxypropyltrimonium Maltodextrin Crosspolymer; Aluminum Hydroxide; Fragrance/Parfum*