Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask

Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask

3.5

Water Deionised (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol & Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cerearyl Alcohol (CS90), Canola Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth-20, Shea Butter, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, PG-Propyl Silanetriol (proposed), Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan oil), Butylene Glycol, Acetamide Mea, Steareth-2, Caryocar Brasillense Fruit Oil, Fragrance (Supplement), Peg 60 Almond Glycerides , DMDMH, Citric Acid, D&C Red No 17, D&C Yellow No.11.

on 7/8/2016 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I am really impressed with this. I have naturally dark hair but it is a level 10 ash blonde. I recently sustained quite a bit of damage and had a lot of breakage/thinning. I have used this twice and i can already notice a HUGE difference. I no longer loose a lot of hair when brushing wet or dry. My hair is much stronger and way better then it was a month ago. Thankfully I did get a pretty good discount, (perks of having a hairdresser in the family) however if i was really desperate and my hair was super damaged i probably would be willing to pay full price. I believe its about 50-60 CAD, but worth it in my opinion if you have damaged/chemically treated hair.

on 4/8/2016 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love masks and this is a great protein one. I needed to get my hair back healthy after wearing extensions, so I used this once a week for 3 weeks in a row, then I skipped 3 weeks and used it again and my hair is back in excellent condition. It absorbs easily in the hair and yes it does have a smell but I don't care about the smell because oils stink if they are authentic. This will always be my go too when I want a protein treatment.

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So this is my first ever review on here, and I've had an account on this apparently since 09...lol..
Anyway, OH. MY. GOSH.. I'm not over exaggerating when I say that this literally changed my 2c/3a curly hair! For years I insisted on straightening my hair which basically caused it to break off on the ends and never grow past my collar bones.. I've changed my hair habits now drastically.. So I basically don't use heat at ALL on my hair, (maybe once or twice a year for a special occasion) I haven't dyed it in over a year, I wash it once a week, and I use this once a month. I get so so many compliments on my hair now.. Seriously I would never wear it natural considering I never invested in good hair products; basically I used crap sulfate shampoos from the drug store...

I find that this mask is best if you obviously follow the directions! Meaning you shampoo with their shampoo, and then you ring out your hair so it's damp and not soaking, put the mask on/comb through, wash out after about 10 min, and finally condition your hair with their conditioner to seal in the protein treatment...
I like to pair this mask with their smoothing shampoo & conditioner.. It gave me SILKY smooth hair that I didn't even know I was capable of having lol. Overall I'll be useing this bad boy forever..
Also it lasted me over a year consider I used it only once a month 🙂 !!

on 8/11/2015 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this on my hairdresser's rec because my color-treated hair has been breaking off like crazy all over, mostly due to resolving (hopefully) thyroid issues and perimenopause, and I was looking for something that would help. My hair has been lately extremely fragile, thinner than normal, and dull (no shine). Back in the late 80's I was able to both highlight and perm my hair. If I did that now I would be bald. I used to have fine but plentiful hair that was shiny and healthy. I was extremely skeptical about this stuff, as I rarely buy expensive hair prodicts, but I thought WTH.

Pros: Made my dull, shineless hair extremely shiny and all the broken ends did not stand out all over my head as much. Easier to comb and style. Seems stronger, but I've only used it 4x so far so it's hard to tell. Comes in an enormous jar, so plenty of product. Also, unlike a lot of hair products that claim to have argan oil but then list it at the end of the ing list, argan oil is the 3rd ing.

Cons: The SMELL, DEAR GOD THE SMELL! It smells like the most insanely strong, cheap perfume. I shouldn't be surprised, because fragrance is the 5th ing. I often take ridiculously long showers, so I figured I could apply it in the shower, clip up my hair, and rinse it off at the end. Bad idea - I was nearly asphyxiated by the smell. I felt I needed a hazmat suit w/ respirator. I had to to open the shower door to breathe. It was HORRIBLE.

Overall: works well, very expensive but at least they give you a lot of product. Be sure to use in a well-ventilated area. Avoid if you are sensitive to fragrances!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff was horrible. I have color-treated blonde hair with very dry ends. This stuff smells SO HORRIBLE! Like cheap mens cologne. The smell is so strong and awful. This did nothing for my hair. It didn't condition; it didn't make my hair softer or shinier. I thought that a lot of people liked the Moroccanoil brand but this was awful. I will never buy this again and have never bought another Moroccanoil product since.

on 1/20/2015 11:36:00 AM

The best hair product ever!!!!I have long blonde hair with very light highlights.My hair has been ruined from all the colouring treatments and intense blow drying.It was extremely dry at the ends and couldn't grow beyonde a point because it was spliting and breaking at the ends.After 4 weeks of use of this product (once a week) my hair is soft, shiny, healthy and looks amazing.Even my hairstylist is surprised with the result. It's a rather expensive product but worth every penny!

on 10/9/2014 11:51:00 PM

One needs patience with this product. It does take a long time, approximately a month for me. I had natural jet black hair and now I'm blonde. Use it once a week because it has so much protein in it. It's best to use Moroconnoil Intense Hydration Mask in between uses of the product.

on 8/14/2014 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to love this product, but didn't. After all the hype, I decided to shell out the big bucks and give this a go. Pros: I got extremely soft hair (I have thick, long waist length coarse curls). Cons: I lost my curls and got major frizz in return. I got that "protein overdose" effect. And its soooo expensive! I think I paid upward $50 smackaroos.

If you have thin hair and want volume, this would likely work wonders. If you have thick hair and need conditioning and weight, this is not the product for you. Not the worse I have tried, but certainly far -and I mean FAR-from the best.

on 6/19/2014 8:43:00 PM

i use the light weight white and blue one but I have fine blonde hair, this stuff beats kenzi, argan, keratin, etc.. I went to school for cosmetology and believe me, this line will fix even the finest over processed hair better than a keratin treatment w/o breaking it, buy their paddle brush even if you've never used one and all that hair you've colored that's been falling out or you've been losing from stress, give it a week, it won't be in this brush at all, volume shampoo and conditioner light mask once a week oil each time you wash, use a wet hair comb, then dry and style with their paddle brush. You can move over to sham pure or pureology purple or something more volumizing later even lanza and kenzi oil. I'd rather see you morrocan and shampure forever and fyi i went to paul mitchell and teach dance so i'm not selling.
You're not imagining it you're losing less hair and seeing regrowth, it's not just less stress in your life in fact your life probably hasn't changed at all but this stuff will change your hair forever. give it a little while to get the oil amount right etc..

on 4/16/2014 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a saviour for bleached/chemically treated hair! Twice now I have had to have my long hair stripped (bleach bath) from dark red to light brown, leaving it very damaged and brittle. This mask restores softness, shine and strength back to my hair leaving it in great condition again! I usually apply the mask on towel dried hair, and then add some heat onto it to help the mask penetrate the hair shaft (I am not sure if this helps, but it was done to me at a hairdressers before) I wait a good 20 minutes or so, before rinsing and then applying a normal conditioner. Works really great! However, I only use this when my hair is very damaged and needs to be rebuilt with protein, I dont think it really works on hair that is healthy or just dry - you need hydrating masks for that.

Popular Hair Treatments