Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Honeysuckle

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Honeysuckle

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this stuff!!! My entire makeup bag is filled with my high-end HG's, and then there is this: a little bit of perfection in a small brown tube :)

This makes your natural lip colour look awesome, especially if you are looking for that seductive "nude" lip look without wearing a drying, heavy lipstick.

I usually reach this over any other nude lip product (whether it's lipstick- too dry, lipgloss- too sticky, lip stain- too flaky) and I always just keep it in my bag for touchups whether I'm going out for coffee, at work, or going dancing!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The balm is a lovely sheer shade, that is perfect for simultaneously moisturizing and toning down very pigmented lips.

I am always looking for ways to mute my naturally red lips, but without the drying factor of nude lipsticks, or the overdone look of many nude glosses; Honeysuckle does just this!

It can be easily applied without a mirror- this makes it a perfect on the go, or at work make up product.

About the packaging- I agree with other reviewers- it is pretty excessive for no apparent reason. But to Burt and his bees' credit, it's what initially made me notice the product in the first place.

The card packaging has a little swatch that gives a better idea than a plastic cap would, so that might be partly why they did it that way.

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/8/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this product because I thought it'll give a sheer color to my lips while moisturizing it with an all natural balm. The texture is very creamy and glides very well. The color I thought was nice and sheer. I look at a mirror in different lighting one day, I realized that this color is really rich like lipstick. This isn't a little tint for the lips. it is a lipstick that stays on top of your lips without really soaking in.

To me, this is a creamy lipstick in a lip balm tube. It is so creamy that the balm is very mushy right now. Wish it was harder and gave a natural tint rather than a heavy lipstick in a natural/nude color.

I don't think I would purchase this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

All of the Burt's Bees tinted lip balms that I have tried have the same level of moisturizing going for them - they're emollient enough that my lips don't feel dry at all at then end of the day but not enough that would be a good choice for healing already dry, chapped lips. In my experience, this makes them A LOT more moisturizing than the non-tinted Burt's Bees products. They all have the staying power of a standard lip balm and the bonus of being sheer enough that I am not paranoid about reapplying without mirror. The scents are soft and slightly sweet and there is a subtle sweet flavor as well. The packaging is a bit over the top - they come in these large and unnecessary cardboard tubes that make the product look huge, but inside is just a standard sized lip balm.

Honeysuckle is a very light, peachy nude color and I like it a lot. I have relatively pigmented lips and this balm won't cover them, but it does change their color subtly. It's as much color as I would expect from a tinted lip balm versus a lipstick.

It's nice and will continue to use it until it's gone but probably won't repurchase, simply because I have so many lip products that I love whereas this, I just like. If you're looking for a sheer tint that is readily available at most drug stores, I would recommend this lip balm.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on my third tube of this product. It provides a sheer wash of color and plenty of moisture without being sticky or waxy. This shade (honeysuckle) is what I would consider to be in the nude color family. It's versatile and I've used it alone as a balm as well as with nude lipliner in place of lipstick or gloss on casual days. Hope they never discontinue this product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been on the lookout for a good tinted lip balm for a long time. Because I am still a student, I like lip balms that are in the chapstick shape rather than held in a lipstick form. Burt's Bees has always been a favorite of mine, so I decided to give their tinted lip balms a try after seeing some swatches on various blogs.
I picked up honeysuckle because of the natural pinkness; I wanted a 'my lips but better' shade. The moment I set eyes on the product, I was taken aback: there's no way the lip balm is that big. And I was right. The lip balm is encased in layers of packaging, and the actual product is around the size as a normal lip balm.
My lips are rather pigmented, yet honeysuckle was still able to enhance my natural lip color. The moisturizing properties were also very effective, and it always left my lips feeling smooth and refreshed. The only pet peeve I have about this product is the waxy feeling it leaves after application, as well as the staying power. However, for a tinted lip balm, it's not bad, and I would love to try the other colors in the future!

on 8/20/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I saw this at Whole Foods, but was hesitant to buy it becuase it seems expensive for a 'chapstick'. luckily I tried it cause I love it! firstly, i wear chap stick all the time. PERFORMANCE: i like this lip balm because it feels really nice and does a decent job moisturizing my dry lips. FEEL: it does have a little bit of a waxy coat (similar to applying warm chapstick) feel, but I dont mind it. I find that other lip treatment doesnt feel a bit waxy, it doesnt 'coat' the lips and doesnt moisten. COLOR: i have tan skin and most 'peachy or rosy ' lip colours look 'orange' on me. Honeysuckle looks peach in the tube, but it's very sheer and just lightens my natural lip colour with a little gloss. I saw some reviews on youtube where the gurls wear this to tone done the shade of their lipstick OR to prime their lios for matte lipsticks that might otherwise dry their lios. I will definitely try it! PACKAGING: it's small just like a regular chapstick so it's convenient to carry around everywhere.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Disappointing experience overall as I paid alot. The color "tint" is hardly there its basically sheer. Texture feels smooth but its very drying and makes my lips peel. There is hidden peppermint flavoring in it that is a well known skin irritant so I'm not surprised.

Clorox, the mega huge industrial owner of Burts Bees is NOT cruelty free so I consider Burts Bees to not be cruelty free. Beeswax isn't Vegan so they can't claim to be Vegan, either.

Overall, Burts Bees hasn't got much to offer me that a 99c product can, other than cute packaging and marketing (green washing). I'll go back to my regular cheap tinted glosses for some quick color and L'Occitane Pure Shea butter for deeper moisture and overnight healing.

on 5/18/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this lip balm! Great color, not sticky and no weird taste. Would absolutely buy again. Do wish it had SPF but I guess you can't have everything - still my HG in lip balms.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Colour? There is absolutely none. Ppl who are saying there is- wow. Srsly? There is probably a very delicate, faint tint if ur lips were white, but for normal pinky or slightly pigmented lips? U can't tell. Anyway my lips get dry pretty fast if i use it, under that waxy layer, so i think this is basically useless

Popular Lip Treatments