Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser just did not work for me. I was looking for a cleanser without fatty alcohols and this one didn't have any so I decided to give it a try. It dried my skin out like CRAZY and as a result, my skin broke out.

It does feel like it cleans my face pretty well though and I love the pump design so it does have that going for it... :P

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff works so great at removing eye makeup. No other facewash removes eye make up like this stuff. Highly recommend.

To Read all 465 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/13/2016 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I caught this on a bogo 50% off at Walgreens when I bought my Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash. I started this the next day (period week too with usual acne hell!)

I'm pretty impressed with this stuff, I gotta say. It's a mild percentage of salcyclic acid (sp?) at .5%, and doesn't have an awful smell, and foamy!

I started seeing pores getting clearer and redness of various stage healing pimples going down within a couple days use (I wash my face with cleanser in the shower, but baby wipes when I get out of bed and before bed).

It feels very light when using it on your face when washing. Be careful not to get any into your nose like I did.

I also recommend their Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser (2% salcyclic acid) for use on face for extra yucky days and shoulder, chest, back and butt acne!

The fact that it's a pump bottle that comes out foam means it should last a good while, too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This wasn't a bad cleanser, not very drying but didn't improve my acne or make it worse. And a little goes a long way, I had it for 3 months!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great cleanser that comes in a foaming pump. It has a nice light floral scent. It's easy on the facial skin, yet does a great job of getting all the left over makeup and the days dirt off. Love this cleanser! Would definitely buy again.

on 11/23/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of the best line of blemish fighting I have used in a while! The product dispenses out from a pump, it's a white foam and when you add water to it, it's foamier and it has a pretty nice clean-smelling floral scent, I also use the Aveeno ClearComplexion Moisture with it as well and it's done quite a good job at keeping new blemishes at bay while healing existing ones. I decided to go with this line of skincare one Youtuber that I really like (clothesencounters) used to use this line and says that this really worked for her troubled skin so I said to myself, why not give it a try? So, I did!

The big FAT CON: When both of the products are not on sale, it's around $20-$22 each so I stalk up during sale time: $8,99-$10 each!!

on 10/16/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm really liking this for my combination oily, sometimes acne prone skin. It's nice to find an acne cleanser that only has 0.5% salicylic instead of 2%, which is usually too drying for me. This cleanser foams nicely and leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped, which is what I want. I can't stand the squeaky clean, dehydrated feeling. Anyway, the only reason I took off one lippie is because the packaging isn't my favorite because you have to pump a few times to get enough product, and I'm not crazy about the scent either- wish it was the same as the positively radiant line. Other than that, I am really loving this cleanser, it's reasonably priced and easy to find.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this cleanser! I noticed that it reduces the blemishes I have. I use this at night for removing my makeup. I do also use a eye makeup remover for my mascara and eyeliner, but the rest of my makeup comes off with this cleanser. It's soothing, and does not dry out your skin. I always repurchase this product and sometimes I'll use the regular one that comes in the tan packaging. I will continue to repurchase. The only complaint I have is that the pump sometimes clogs up, but not too bad. It just gets stopped up and goes back.

on 6/24/2015 3:16:00 PM

I will always have love for this cleanser. I used it exclusively through most of my 20s. Around the time I hit 30 I found it a bit too drying...not horribly so but enough that after washing I felt the need to apply moisturizer immediately-you know, that squeaky clean tight feeling. Also it doesn't suit my needs anymore as my breakouts are few and far between. But as I recall it left my skin very soft and glowing, and helped keep it clear...I wouldn't say this is a heavy duty acne fighter but if you have very mild acne and your skin cant tolerate harsher acne products with 2% salicylic acid this is a good alternative. I would definitely recommend this over any of that clean and clear crap-or even the Neutrogena acne line (their pink grapefruit cleanser dried my skin out to the point where I felt like my face was gonna crack and bleed!). Nice gentle foam, nice subtle scent. Works well with the matching moisturizer

I've been using this cleanser since 2007. It works well for me - I had a bit of teen acne back then, but it was never severe, and it still works well for me as my skin has grown up. I really like the light smell of this cleanser and the fact that it's a gentle foaming cleanser because I've never really liked using creamy cleansers.