Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

I have sensitive skin that, if I bombard my skin with too many medicated products, it FREAKS OUT & i end up with WAYY more acne & stressed skin than to begin with. Let me just say that now. I use this cleanser every other day since it is medicated & it definitely just feels nice on my skin. I enjoy foaming cleansers just because of the lightness & texture & how it feels like it really gets my skin clean. his stuff is gentle enough that it doesn't stress my skin out. Does leave my skin a BIT dry, but then again, nearly everything leaves my skin dry, haha. While this is not my main cleanser for day & night, it definitely helps to have on hand for times when my skin's not doing so well. Not sure if I'll repurchase just because my acne's been going away. But def worth a go for us sensitive, acne prone gals:) Aveeno is great at soothing & using natural ingredients & they don't animal test:)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for a few days now twice each day that I used this. It's a truly foaming cleanser which has the consistency of carpet shampoo that is perfect to clean my oily skin but also has a low enough percentage of Salicylic Acid that my super sensitive skin doesn't get red or irritated. I have terrible hormonal breakouts on my neck & using this with my Foreo Luna Mini hasn't gotten rid of the deep, purple scars but has lessened the amount of painful red acne that I used to get. My cheeks in particular are no longer red after cleansing which is truly a miracle since so many acne cleansers have really screwed up my face in the past by being way too aggressive. I use this in conjuction with the Aveeno Smart Essentials separate day & night cream & my skin has never been so deliciously soft matte in a very long time. Usually my skin is greasy underneath itchy flakes but never with this combination. Aveeno from the drugstore has my heart for super sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin.

I used tea tree or primrose bar soap for years on my face (yes i know, but it works for me), but have always suffered from minor blackheads so I switched to this.
My breakouts and uneven skin got worse and worse with this and it took me longer than it should have to figure out this is the cause.
I stopped two days ago and my skin is back to normal and way more even.
Now I'm using Dove beauty bar in the morning and evening primrose oil soap at night.

on 11/7/2016 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this cleanser for acne, only to realize that the cleanser only contained .5% salicylic acid. I did like the foamy texture as well as how gentle this cleanser was, however, it did nothing for my breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser just did not work for me. I was looking for a cleanser without fatty alcohols and this one didn't have any so I decided to give it a try. It dried my skin out like CRAZY and as a result, my skin broke out.

It does feel like it cleans my face pretty well though and I love the pump design so it does have that going for it... :P

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff works so great at removing eye makeup. No other facewash removes eye make up like this stuff. Highly recommend.

on 4/13/2016 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I caught this on a bogo 50% off at Walgreens when I bought my Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash. I started this the next day (period week too with usual acne hell!)

I'm pretty impressed with this stuff, I gotta say. It's a mild percentage of salcyclic acid (sp?) at .5%, and doesn't have an awful smell, and foamy!

I started seeing pores getting clearer and redness of various stage healing pimples going down within a couple days use (I wash my face with cleanser in the shower, but baby wipes when I get out of bed and before bed).

It feels very light when using it on your face when washing. Be careful not to get any into your nose like I did.

I also recommend their Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser (2% salcyclic acid) for use on face for extra yucky days and shoulder, chest, back and butt acne!

The fact that it's a pump bottle that comes out foam means it should last a good while, too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This wasn't a bad cleanser, not very drying but didn't improve my acne or make it worse. And a little goes a long way, I had it for 3 months!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great cleanser that comes in a foaming pump. It has a nice light floral scent. It's easy on the facial skin, yet does a great job of getting all the left over makeup and the days dirt off. Love this cleanser! Would definitely buy again.

on 11/23/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of the best line of blemish fighting I have used in a while! The product dispenses out from a pump, it's a white foam and when you add water to it, it's foamier and it has a pretty nice clean-smelling floral scent, I also use the Aveeno ClearComplexion Moisture with it as well and it's done quite a good job at keeping new blemishes at bay while healing existing ones. I decided to go with this line of skincare one Youtuber that I really like (clothesencounters) used to use this line and says that this really worked for her troubled skin so I said to myself, why not give it a try? So, I did!

The big FAT CON: When both of the products are not on sale, it's around $20-$22 each so I stalk up during sale time: $8,99-$10 each!!