Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 11/7/2016 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this cleanser for acne, only to realize that the cleanser only contained .5% salicylic acid. I did like the foamy texture as well as how gentle this cleanser was, however, it did nothing for my breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser just did not work for me. I was looking for a cleanser without fatty alcohols and this one didn't have any so I decided to give it a try. It dried my skin out like CRAZY and as a result, my skin broke out.

It does feel like it cleans my face pretty well though and I love the pump design so it does have that going for it... :P

To Read all 463 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff works so great at removing eye makeup. No other facewash removes eye make up like this stuff. Highly recommend.

on 4/13/2016 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I caught this on a bogo 50% off at Walgreens when I bought my Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash. I started this the next day (period week too with usual acne hell!)

I'm pretty impressed with this stuff, I gotta say. It's a mild percentage of salcyclic acid (sp?) at .5%, and doesn't have an awful smell, and foamy!

I started seeing pores getting clearer and redness of various stage healing pimples going down within a couple days use (I wash my face with cleanser in the shower, but baby wipes when I get out of bed and before bed).

It feels very light when using it on your face when washing. Be careful not to get any into your nose like I did.

I also recommend their Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser (2% salcyclic acid) for use on face for extra yucky days and shoulder, chest, back and butt acne!

The fact that it's a pump bottle that comes out foam means it should last a good while, too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This wasn't a bad cleanser, not very drying but didn't improve my acne or make it worse. And a little goes a long way, I had it for 3 months!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great cleanser that comes in a foaming pump. It has a nice light floral scent. It's easy on the facial skin, yet does a great job of getting all the left over makeup and the days dirt off. Love this cleanser! Would definitely buy again.

on 11/23/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of the best line of blemish fighting I have used in a while! The product dispenses out from a pump, it's a white foam and when you add water to it, it's foamier and it has a pretty nice clean-smelling floral scent, I also use the Aveeno ClearComplexion Moisture with it as well and it's done quite a good job at keeping new blemishes at bay while healing existing ones. I decided to go with this line of skincare one Youtuber that I really like (clothesencounters) used to use this line and says that this really worked for her troubled skin so I said to myself, why not give it a try? So, I did!

The big FAT CON: When both of the products are not on sale, it's around $20-$22 each so I stalk up during sale time: $8,99-$10 each!!

on 10/16/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm really liking this for my combination oily, sometimes acne prone skin. It's nice to find an acne cleanser that only has 0.5% salicylic instead of 2%, which is usually too drying for me. This cleanser foams nicely and leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped, which is what I want. I can't stand the squeaky clean, dehydrated feeling. Anyway, the only reason I took off one lippie is because the packaging isn't my favorite because you have to pump a few times to get enough product, and I'm not crazy about the scent either- wish it was the same as the positively radiant line. Other than that, I am really loving this cleanser, it's reasonably priced and easy to find.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this cleanser! I noticed that it reduces the blemishes I have. I use this at night for removing my makeup. I do also use a eye makeup remover for my mascara and eyeliner, but the rest of my makeup comes off with this cleanser. It's soothing, and does not dry out your skin. I always repurchase this product and sometimes I'll use the regular one that comes in the tan packaging. I will continue to repurchase. The only complaint I have is that the pump sometimes clogs up, but not too bad. It just gets stopped up and goes back.

on 6/24/2015 3:16:00 PM

I will always have love for this cleanser. I used it exclusively through most of my 20s. Around the time I hit 30 I found it a bit too drying...not horribly so but enough that after washing I felt the need to apply moisturizer immediately-you know, that squeaky clean tight feeling. Also it doesn't suit my needs anymore as my breakouts are few and far between. But as I recall it left my skin very soft and glowing, and helped keep it clear...I wouldn't say this is a heavy duty acne fighter but if you have very mild acne and your skin cant tolerate harsher acne products with 2% salicylic acid this is a good alternative. I would definitely recommend this over any of that clean and clear crap-or even the Neutrogena acne line (their pink grapefruit cleanser dried my skin out to the point where I felt like my face was gonna crack and bleed!). Nice gentle foam, nice subtle scent. Works well with the matching moisturizer