3.9

VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-8 BEESWAX, PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, SORBITAN STEARATE, PEG-60 ALMOND GLYCERIDES, SILICA, GLYCERIN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, LECITHIN, CITRUS AURANTIUM BERGAMIA (BERGAMOT) FRUIT OIL, JUNIPERUS VIRGINIANA OIL, JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMIN) OIL, CITRUS NOBILIS (MANDARIN ORANGE) PEEL OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) OIL, ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER OIL, CRITHMUM MARITIMUM EXTRACT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, OCTYL DODECYL PCA, MENTHYL PCA, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, GERANIOL, FARNESOL, CITRAL, CITRONELLOL.

on 9/7/2017 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I prefer to use this product as a moisturizer (lips, cuticles/hands etc) rather than a cleansing product. It smells wonderful and a little goes a long way, and it lasts longer (and to me the $$$ price tag is now justified) used this way. Love the wash cloth it comes with as well, and I use it with any bar soap and water to wash my face. I have a 50 ml pot I carry with me, and I bought the bigger size just because. The packaging is very elegant (I love jars) and it's sturdy for a handbag. Would recommend. It is divine in every way.

This cleanser is my life.I'd seen Caroline Hirons rave about it and it was on my wish list, the only thing was I didnt know if I could justify the price - 48.50 for 100ml on Feelunique France.My Mum got me it for Christmas because she knows me like no one else when it comes to skincare haha.Its BEAUTIFUL.It smells like a spa, glides on and off the skin and leaves you feeling clean and hydrated.It does a good job of taking off makeup but I generally use this as a second cleanse to treat my skin rather than washing it down the sink with my makeup - it makes cleansing an enjoyable, luxurious experience - something that I look forward to at the end of the day.I took one lipstick off for the price because I wish it was cheaper, 40 euros maybe and not almost 49 but seeing as you only need a small amount,hazelnut size, its going to last quite a long time - I dont use this every night, maybe 4 nights a week.I recently bought a back up and I'm pretty sure I'll continue to buy this.Have also purchased the Amazing Face Age Support Mask and the Amazing Face oil so very excited to try them.Definitely recommend!

on 11/11/2016 4:20:00 PM

LOVE THIS STUFF. I normally wouldn't spend this much on a cleanser, but the results have convinced me. I've been using the oil cleansing method for more than a decade now, and while it has worked well for me, there is nothing glamourous or pampering about smearing straight oil on your face night after night. I discovered the Emma Hardie balm after getting a sample jar with an online order. Now I'm hooked! This is the oil cleansing method, but so much more convenient and luxurious compared to the olive oil I was using before. It smells like orange blossom water and reminds me of being at a spa. The texture is beautiful and melts into the skin and takes off all makeup and grime, including waterproof mascara. The microfibre cloth it comes with is thick and fluffy and feels wonderful on the skin (although any microfibre cloth works just as well too). My skin feels plump, moisturised and soft after using this balm. It can also be used as a heavy duty moisturiser as needed.

It is expensive and hard to get outside of UK/Europe, but I've waited for sales/GWP and managed to stock up for a more reasonable price. Also, the packaging changed in the last order I got. The jar now has a metal encased lid, which seems to solve the problem with the plastic cracking.

I really like this balm, it does a great job at taking off makeup and smells lovely. It is rather expensive though and I have used other balm cleansers that perform just as well. I'm not sure if i'd repurchase but it is nice if you want something luxurious

My favorite balm cleanser in the universe without a doubt. I have combination skin very prone to dehydration (dry on the cheeks, more oily and clog-prone in the t-zone). This walks the fine line of cleaning the skin and removing makeup thoroughly without stripping the skin or causing any clogging. Smells heavenly. I notice less oiliness in my t-zone when I use it consistently. Whenever I venture to another cleansing balm, I wonder why I bother because this is the bees' knees.

Wish it weren't so expensive and wish the packaging were less bulky, but they're minor complaints.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this after hearing Caroline Hirons' reviews. I've used various cleansing balms before; Clinique, Boots Botanics and Eve Lom but I find this the best for my skin.

I have very oily skin and often balms leave a film on my skin. This doesn't.

I double cleanse in the evening, using the Body Shop's camomile oil cleanser to remove my make up and then the EH cleanser to really massage into and cleanse my skin.

I have very oily skin and it's acne prone but I have not broken out using this and I have found that this cleanser has made my skin less oily. I do use other products which have reduced oil production but I think this cleanser has helped the most.

Packaging is rubbish, it's big and bulky so I fill a muji pot up when I travel. It smells divine and I love giving myself a mini facial with this.

The cloth is microfibre and muslin and I use this and a normal Flannel.

It is very expensive but it does last a long time. My first jar later over six months, using twice a day. It's often on offer too with 20% off, the last time I bought it I was given a free 50ml jar.

on 11/4/2015 11:49:00 AM

It's ok. It smells nice and it cleans. It's expensive and I don't like the pot. ESPA ProOptimal cleanser, smells very similar, comes in a tube, it's similar in that's it's an oily balm but a bit runnier and it also contains waxy jojoba beads that exfoliate and melt on your face and also pumpkin enzymes which eat up dead skin. You can also leave it on as a mask to exfoliate more. It's also £8 cheaper and you get 2 generous samples you choose from a selection via the ESPA site. So although it's nice it comes distant second to the ESPA.

I really like the cloth though, I use the 5 for £1.50 micro fibre cloths from Tesco, they're white, hanky sized so perfect. The EH cloth is a posh version of the Tesco cloths.

I always go back to this cleanser and lord knows I have tried a fair few and mostly high end. I'll break it down:
Pros
1.Never broken me out and I have combination skin
2.It feels like an indulgent balm for a massage and I like to use it a couple of times a week for a quick DIY mini facial
3. I don't use it as a makeup remover now Because of the price but when I do use it, all my makeups gone. I don't use waterproof mascara but it works well for regular mascara
Cons
1. The packaging is abysmal, everything that you have read about the horrid packaging is true
2. It melts in high temperature so if you are travelling to a warm country decant into suitable container.

I stopped counting after my 10th jar but I am fairly confident that I will continue using this product for years to come. and although it is classed as a cleanser, I feel that the best of this product comes in when you use it as a treatment balm for massaging. I do 15 to 30 mins of massaging with this every week and it has made a difference to my skin. I am 30+ but my skin looks plump with no wrinkles or fine lines. I also use this before I have someplace nice to go to, I find that makeup sits better on my skin.
Hope this review was helpful, if anyone has any query about this product I would be happy to help if I can.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

really love this product I have extremely dry skin and the balm really eases the tightness I usually get with other balms and removers. I have found this great at removing my make up I would however have to go over my eyes again after use to get rid of the last traces of liner

Great product for when my skin needs TLC. As with a lot of people, I picked this up after Caroline Hirons' recommendation. I always shied away from balm products as I wasn't sure I could be bothered with the mess of using a wash cloth but this has converted me and my skin feels both super clean and soft after. I still use a baby wipe to make sure eye make up is taken off as I find it's not so great with that. I also only use my wash cloth per wash and then it gets chucked in the laundry - as per Hirons' instructions to use one per day!

Popular Face Skincare Products