Estee Lauder Day Wear Sheer Tint Release SPF 15

Estee Lauder Day Wear Sheer Tint Release SPF 15

3.3

I bought this on a whim in the airport and was a bit unsure about the colour at first. It seemed a bit orange and I'm not sure how I will get on with it in the winter. However, this has turned out to be an amazing product! It just makes my skin look amazing. It's sheer, doesn't settle into lines and just looks like natural skin but better. I have combination skin and this controls shine while just looking lovely and natural without being too matte. It also photographs brilliantly. I am 44 and this has given me so much more confidence in my skin and having my photo taken.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really don't like this product. I am glad I only bought a travel size! I liked the idea of a tinted moisturizer which is full of antioxidants and has some SPF protection. Also, the Revitalizing Supreme CC cream is the best tinted moisturizer I have come across, so I thought this one would equally good! First of all, the tint is much darker than the Revitalizing supreme CC. Secondly, it is also much cooler in tone. Whereas the Revitalizing CC cream made my light olive skin look fresh, radiant and glorious even when I was tired and dehydrated, this one makes me look slightly orange. It looks off. I also think this product should not be advertised as being for everyone, it definitely isn't. Because the tint is so dark I had to use very little (as little as possible) meaning I am not getting any coverage at all, my face looked muddy instead of glowy and of course this method of application means my face is not properly moisturized nor adequately protected! It also makes my pores and my filaments look worse, like it just settles on them and makes them look darker. It also looks a bit oily on the skin after a couple of hours. I used it twice and could not bring myself to use it anymore, it doesn't feel or look right. Maybe for someone who is cool toned and quite tanned it may work well but I look better without it on!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Was given a few samples of this to try and goodness it is TERRIBLE for oily skin. The first thing I noticed is that my skin was shiny immediately, and after just one hour, when I used blotting paper, I had to use 3 sheets before my skin stopped looking very visibly oily.

Can see why it is moisturizing, but simply a no go if you don't have dry skin. I also feel there are far cheaper moisturizers if that's what you're looking for.

on 9/7/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this EL Sheer tint because I don't really like to wear heavy foundation, but like to stick with cc or bb creams instead. I love that it has antioxidants for your skin. I thought that it would blend in to match your skin shade (no matter the tone), but it's actually a little dark for me. Just enough so that it's noticeable. It also has a greasy shine to it. It looks great if I cover up with powder, but not so great if I want to put it on and run out the door. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it at this point, due to the high price point.

If it was a little less shiny, and a little less dark, I would definitely keep it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my everyday go-to moisturizer, and it has been for ages. It slightly darkens and evens out my skintone, while moisturizing well. If I put too much on it can get greasy, so beware! I feel awakened as i put it on, because of the sheer glow it provides.
Definetly recommend this for fake-tanners! The face tends to get less tanned than the rest of the body because of the chemicals we put on our faces everyday, and this moisturizer helps correct that as you are applying makeup.

on 7/9/2014 6:18:00 PM

Very nice. Gives a hint of colour and a lovely 'glow' without being greasy. I find no need for a separate moisturiser with this product, however powder is a must in the t-zone. I do add sunscreen under this in summer as SPF15 is not sufficient. Can be a little dark for me in winter (NW20) but perfect in summer. Only downside - very expensive in NZ for a small tube.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I really love this stuff. It's a greyish liquid that blends out to a sheer but fairly dark tint. I would only recommend it for use in the summer months as the colour is fairly dark & not at all if you are very fair skinned as it might lean orangey on you. For me however, I find it ticks all the boxes for use in warmer weather. It provides a light, sheer coverage that blends beautifully & adds a nice healthy glow to my skin. It's moisturising but not too oily so doesn't slide off my face. I tan my body but never my face so the tint it provides helps match my face & neck to the rest of my body while protecting the skin on my face as it contains an SPF of 15. It smells like cucumber & has a cooling effect when you apply it. The packaging is lovely too. The only downside to this is the price. I bought mine in duty free on the way back from a holiday so it wasn't as expensive. I can see myself repurchasing this but would definitely shop around & try to buy it on sale.

on 5/20/2014 3:39:00 AM

I love this product, when I first purchased it I hated it. I am pretty pale and it made me way too dark even when I took it down my neck, but I've found a great way to use it!

I have been mixing it with a foundation that's too pale and it's perfect, it sits lovely on my skin and makes my face look great. It seems to be the perfect consistency for me, not too dry or oily.

Love it.

on 12/16/2013 2:31:00 AM

I'm afraid that apart from the lovely packaging, I didn't like this moisturiser at all. It has an unusual "gritty" texture which feels somewhat unpleasant to apply. It starts off a pale green/blue shade and then adjusts to quite a dark tint upon blending. I didn't like the tint as it settles in fine lines and looks odd. Also the tint is too orange and dark overall for my liking. Neither does it stay matte, as with most (all?) products containing sunscreen, it becomes shiny very quickly.

I was disappointed to discover that it makes my eyes burn and water terribly, and I don't even apply it near my eyes, it just manages to irritate them severely regardless.

Finally, for a very average product, it is really pricey - I think around $68 AUD. Bleah!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Smell, texture and feeling are great