NYX Slide On Pencil - Golden Olive

NYX Slide On Pencil - Golden Olive
Slide On Pencil - Golden Olive

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color of this eyeliner reminds me of a now-discontinued but still beloved Stila eyeshadow shade: Sparkle, a beautiful antique gold.

REFERENCE:

AGE: 45

MY SKINTONE: Light-skinned caucasian (half-way between fair and medium-achieves only minimal tan in summer) with neutral skin tone skewing only slightly pink.

MY EYES:
color: Teal rims around olive/army green eyes with a lot of yellow/amber in them.
size: Small but nicely set. (Not narrow nor wide set.)
shape: Round, open, but not perfectly symmetric.
lashes: Very long and full. Light brown or taupe colored with blonde tips. I've found cool, navyish blue-black mascara looks best.

MY MAKEUP ISSUES: Warm/yellow colored eyes against cool/neutral-pinkish toned skin. In other words, eyes that are "autumn" with skin that registers "summer."

EYELINER CONSIDERATIONS & CHALLENGES: Blacks and navys are too harsh for my skin tone. Also, the dark colors make my small eyes look smaller and draw attention to the slight lack of symmetry between them.

Brown is generally too warm and just blah on me. Most browns diminish the beauty of my eyes. A cool-toned medium brown would work, but I have yet to find one. When I do find a cool-toned brown, it is always way too dark for my skin tone.

Cool-toned medium grays work well.

Violet enhances my eye color but I often find that violet eyeliners are generally too bright/too young for my age. I once found a lavendar-black chubby stick. The color was awesome on me, but it was impossible to draw a precise and thin line with that fat eyeliner.

Bronzes and coppers are great for my eye color but horrible for my skin color. They make the green color in my eyes really pop, but also make me look as if I've been crying or been sick.

ABOUT THIS GOLDEN OLIVE: Love, love, love it!!! Not too dark nor too sparkly. Makes harmonious peace between my autumn eyes and summer skin. Easy to apply. On me, it IS waterproof and stays put. This is the best I've found yet for me!!!

on 3/18/2016 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The golden olive is the perfect color if you want Olive with a fun factor. I like to use olive to change it up from brown and black. Good staying power and very easy application.

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/13/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love it!! I've got oily lids, but a bit of Wet and Wild's primer underneath and this is good--no smearing, no fading--even with sneezing and some tears, from 7:30a to midnight. Can't wait to try more colors!

on 12/23/2013 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought Jet Black and Golden Olive slide on pencils: so far they are great. The black is supernaturally intense- maybe too harsh for my old eyes but I still love the kohl look. The Golden Olive is the same color as UD Stash. Makes a great, delicate accent above the black line. For soft pencils they are controllable- could get a fairly sharp line with the black. Haven't taken it off yet so can't speak for ease of removal. These are marked waterproof. Ingredients are minimal, with no parabens, lanolin, or scent. Put them on in the morning and it is now evening. There has been no movement or smudging. I may try a softer black later- Ulta accepts returns- otherwise it looks like a must have and must keep product. I had been using Physician's Formula Organic Wear eyeliner pencils in black woods, a great shade, but it is no longer available locally, so for a comparably priced eyeliner pencil with no noxious ingredients, this may be the answer.

on 12/18/2013 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I grabbed some more of these pencils that I love so much because of a sale, and Golden Olive was one. I was looking at more natural shades as opposed to the bright ones and I really like this a lot. It's not muddy, a true olive green but definitely gold shimmer to it. Compliments my skin really well and can be used in natural eye looks as more dramatic smokey looks. Excited to play with this one.

on 2/3/2013 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Bought two of these one in Purple Haze and the other in the lovely Golden Olive. I am happy with my purchases and will be ordering more soon. The Golden Olive in particular is a beautiful shade that compliments my medium brown eyes beautifully and lasts all day.

I have not worn them on the waterline, so I can not comment on that, but to line the top and bottom lashes they were perfect. Smooth and creamy and dries to a nice lasting finish.

on 1/3/2013 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm so happy I read a review on this after Rimmel's Black Gold was discontinued. It's under $10, but I got it on sale so cheap to me and it seems to never need sharpening. I have large, roundish upper lids and olive green eyes. As a result, I just focus on my upper lids or else I look a little clownish. I also have rosacea and am allergic to everything. However, I have no problems with this pencil and it is smooth as silk and goes on great--no tugging at all. It also stays in place... Wow! The color is just beautiful and deep and SO hard to find. I know some people prefer a complimentary liner to their eye color, but that leaves me with the deep purples which do wonders for my dark under eye circles, so I do the match-y thing. If you have the rare, olive-green eye (and are of Mediterranean ancestry), run and buy this. I think it would look great with a hazel eye too, or anyone with golden undertones in their skin.

Btw, due to my large lids that are always visible and my allergy issues with shadows, I grabbed the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cucumber--more of a pale leaf--as a base of sorts and they look GREAT together and it also goes on like butter and has a very nice shimmer. My olive eyes have been in a dreamy land o' green for weeks now. I love this brand and my colors better stick around for once!

*Update: I edited this as the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil that I use as a base w/this pencil was labeled as Lime. I grabbed another in case it gets discontinued and saw it had a different name. Cucumber must be the right name and no wonder it didn't look like lime! A bunch were mislabeled so watch out!
*Update 2: I have no idea what the name of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil I get is--and I haven't seen it in 2014--but it's on NYX's website still and I believe it IS Lime, which describes the color as "light green with gold reflects." Cucumber looks like neon lime on the site so I'm thoroughly confused. Good luck! I hope this is still available because the color is beautiful and I get compliments on it.

on 11/10/2012 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't use it as an eyeliner. I use it as eye shadow. I'm Asian and this color really complement my dark brown eyes. I use a light color shimmering cream shadow all over the lids, highlight the inner corners and brow bones. Then use this to draw a thick line at the outer corner of my eyes. I blend it with my finger tip. Also blend a small amount on the lower lash line. Then line the waterlines with black liner. There I have a light smokey look that will last all day and night just using 3 products. No brush needed!
I like how soft, blendable and buildable this eyeliner is. It's so easy to use and the color is stunning. If you have this liner but hate using it as a liner I really recommend you try using it as a shadow.

on 9/26/2012 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This color is a gorgeous slightly shimmery olive/brown. It is soft and glides on really niceIy. I only wore it for a couple of hours because it irritated my sensitive eyes. You should definitely try it if you don't have sensitive eyes!

on 6/21/2012 6:22:00 PM

Pros:
-Relatively inexpensive
-Glides on smoothly
-Great color! the perfect olive

Cons:
-Does not stay on
-Smudges
-Not waterproof as claimed
-Smears under eyes
-Cannot use on water line

Very dissapointed in this as it is the best color of olive green i have ever found! Doesnt matter though if it won't stay on! Especially under the eye