Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray

4.5

Not tested on animals

water, magnesium sulfate,ppg-5-ceteth-20,isoceteth-20, pathenol, white ginger, citric acid, methylparaben,cinnamdopropythimonium chloride,propylparaben, butylparaben, ethyparaben, isobutyparaben, fragrance/parfum, benzyl salicylate,hexyl cinnamal, limonene, linaool,

I'm a wowed by this product.
I have wavy curly 2c, fine to medium, color treated highlighted, shoulder lenght hair that frizzes like crazy aaaand guess what, I live in Florida.
When I want to style my hair curly and not straighten it this spray, together with the PM awapuhi whip mousse, is amazing. I put a smoothing serum, comb it thru, add the PM awapuhi whip, generously spray this , diffuse or air dry....and boom! beautiful, super voluminous curls, minimum frizz. Soft curls, no stickiness, no crunch. It is great for refreshing and 2nd day hair too.
The volume is really unbelievable, and I always struggled and craved more volume and body.
This is an amazing line.
Kudos to PM for realizing the awapuhi wild ginger line, haven't been disappointed by any of its products. Plus, the smell is fantastic. Another winner

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like this texturizing sea spray much more than Bumble & Bumble's version. The Paul Mitchell Awapuhi version is less drying and doesn't leave a gritty feel in my hair like the Bumble & Bumble version does, plus it's cheaper.

The Awapuhi Wild Ginger sea spray does have a fragrance that does remind me of ginger so scent sensitive noses, take note.
If I do my hair with loose waves, I'll use this spray to give those waves a bit more volume, texture and holding power.

I don't use it too often as these sprays can be drying.
A great product overall.

on 7/29/2014 4:57:00 PM

I assume most people looking for reviews for this product are looking for natural beachy waves.....at least that's what I thought sea spray were for. So, when my stylist suggested this for my chin length, straight, super fine bob I was a little reluctant. But please tell any silky, fine haired friends that need volume/texture to try this!!! It is amazing and I've tried just about every salon texturing/volumizing gel/mousse/lotion there is. I spray this on my damp hair, blow out with a round brush and spritz slightly on a few sections that I smooth with curling iron. Unbelievable! If it starts to look the least bit flat during the day I can just run my fingers underneath and fluff. The best part is that I have always had to wash my fine hair every morning. I still do on work days, just from habit, but this past weekend I got up, ran my fingers through my hair fluffing and smoothing, and I was good to go....ALL day too...didn't get limp and greasy as the day wore on. I'm sure depending on the nature of each person's hair, there is a learning curve on how many pumps/sprays you need. Like most products, too much is a mess....too little does nothing. For me I'd say I use about six to 8 sprays on damp hair...lifting and spraying at the roots. Then about 4 more with curling iron. I hope I NEVER EVER have be without this product!

on 5/13/2014 11:58:00 AM

This is like a bad hair day in a bottle. I really wanted to like it since I like sea salt sprays and it smells amazing, but no matter how I try to use it, my hair looks absolutely awful. What I want a sea salt spray to do is to enhance my waves and give my hair some texture and definition. This reduces my natural waves, adds lots of frizz, and gives zero definition. I'm mystified as to why everyone seems to like it so much. I've had better luck with Not Your Mother's sea salt spray and TIGI Sugar Shock.

Best sea spray on the market. Love it total summer must have. No crunch but lovely texture without looking dragged through a hedge look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This spray does what it should, apply it and leave with lovely waves. Works well, just outrageous price, you could probably find the same at any drugstore.

on 5/2/2012 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: I have pretty much given up on beach sprays, hate the way my hair feels with them. The L'Anza is useless on dry hair. But I will definitely use up my PM...it can be used as a style refresher. The scent does not bother me any more, but still not as refreshing as the shampoo. I don't like how any of these beach sprays leave my hair feeling.

I really like this product. But I am not sure if it is love yet. I am comparing this and the L'Anza Beach Spray and they are both REALLY good. The biggest plus is the PM really gives volume and refreshes curls when sprayed on to dry hair which is exactly what I have been looking for. It doesn't seem to "fall" (unless gusty winds are blowing it around all night...think cruise ship winds). This is a huge plus. The only two areas that aren't complete love for me are the scent and some times a dirty feel. I use the Wild Ginger shampoo and love the scent, it is light, invigorating in the shower, but then fades-love it. But in the Texture Spray the scent can be a bit overpowering. It is the same scent, but it lingers and lingers (depending on your preference this could be good or bad). As for the "dirty" feeling, some times this feels like it made my hair feel dry or dirty...but then after a while, my hair will feel ok again.

on 1/23/2012 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I did not know if I liked this...a few days without and my straight hair went back to it's limp greasy lifeless days. This product is so light and gives my hair great texture and volume. I love the smell. NO crunchies, no build-up. I have tried Bumble and Bumble and Fekkai ..none of them are as good as this one.
I usually air dry a little then spritz a few around my head and some roots then blow dry upside down (probably all the wrong tips but it works for me)..Hair feel light and moisturized..also if you do curl, it works holds the curl better as well. Highly recommend trying if you have the problem of products being too heavy.

on 12/19/2011 10:51:00 PM

Wow...as a hairstylist there are few products that do what it actually says....this is one of them...I have naturally wavy medium/fine hair....the wave is not enough to look good, and yet hard to smooth out...this adds unbelievable waves and big curls, while making my hair feel thicker....I love it!!!!

I have naturally wavy hair and this gives it such great texture and you can use it in so many ways! Sometimes I just spray it and rub it through my curls to give them texture or I spray it then scrunch it while blow drying on low to create huge curls! I love this stuff and I will always buy it.

Popular Styling Products