Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara
Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart MascaraEnter TitleEnter Title

3.9

Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, alcohol, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, acacia senegal gum, VP/VA copolymer, phenoxyethanol, polyvinyl alcohol, panthenol, aminomethyl propanediol, ascorbyl palmitate, ethylhexylglycerin, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Lacks impact, its like a $1 mascara. Barely any volume, not very black, doesn't hold a curl. The brush isn't good as it misses the little fine ones in the corners as well as doesn't coat my long lashes to the ends. And the brush messes with my lashes. Like it moves them all in awkward directions not regular neatly straight up or fanned out like regular mascaras. Overall this makes me look like some lashes are missing and like I'm a clutz at makeup (which I'm not). And it burns my eyes sooo badly. Seriously the WORST I've tried in years. To think I paid US $35 for this!! I got sucked in by the cute wooden packaging :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

smudges reallllllly easily

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

my eyes are so sensitive that the thought of mascara makes them cry. i keep at least 3 bottles of eye drops readily handy, dependent upon if i'm wearing contacts or spectacles.

mascara is not my friend. but this one is pretty good--it's not waterproof (lash friendly!) but doesn't seem to migrate to my under eyes, and still gives definition and length. the packaging is so cool, to boot. it's hella $$$ imo, and i'd never have purchased it myself, but my stepmonster sometimes does nice things and bought it for me.

Always smudges and flakes off. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Unfortunately I'm going to have to return this. I was intrigued by the claims of this mascara making eyelashes healthier and it being a natural option.
However, the performance did not live up to my expectations of a $20 something mascara.

I'll give it props for being light weight and non irritating, but after 3 hours of wear, I was left with raccoon eyes. It looked like I had been punched in the eye it was so bad.

This might work for you if you don't have oily skin, but I expected something better for the price I payed. There are better mascaras at the drug store for half the price, just not a natural/ non irritating option.

Oh, and the volume was nothing to write home about...

The search continues!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara! It doesn't irritate my eyes even when I wear contacts! It goes on smooth and not clumpy:) I wish it wasn't so pricey as I'm on a budget:( but occasionally splurge on it!

on 1/24/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not impressed. It doesn't irritate my eyes, but really doesn't do anything to enhance my lashes, either. It sorta "disappears" thought out the day... no flakes or black smudges, just kinda disappears...

on 11/2/2016 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I find this more lengthening than volumizing. I like that the brush isn't huge but sometimes I find it's smudged on my lower lashline by the end of the day. Love my Essence mascaras much more.

This mascara does go on somewhat clumpy compared to others, even when it's new. However, I have sensitive, dry eyes that get easily irritated. This mascara does not irritate my eyes and doesn't make my lashes brittle. I've tried mascaras before that actually made my eyelashes so brittle with daily use that they started breaking off after a month! Plus, this mascara does make my natural lashes look long, thick, and pretty after only one or two coats. I don't mind putting up with some clumpiness for lashes that look pretty and that actually stay on my face. Can't put mascara on eyelashes that have broken off, and no one thinks red eyes are sexy. I'll definitely be sticking with this one for a while.

on 6/3/2016 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my staple mascara and I will repurchase it until the end of time even though I have used mascaras that make my lashes look much better.

Here's why.
It's a B+ mascara, it give my lashes a natural thickened look. It's good for everyday especially if you don't like looking like you have too much make up on. It makes the lashes look thick and dark, without looking too dramatic. Sometimes, it can be a bit clumpy, so I generally comb out my lashes with a finer mascara wand after applying.
It lasts all day and its comfortable to apply without curling your lashes.

But the reason I would buy this product over and over again is this: it does wonders for your natural lashes!!!! I've been using this product for a few years now. Occasionally I go off it and use another mascara for a few weeks/months. I can INSTANTLY see the difference in my natural lashes when I go back to using this one.I have relatively thin and stumpy lashes for a South Asian woman, and I've always hated them. My natural lashes are thicker and longer when I'm regularly using this mascara and it amazes me every time.

Tarte doesn't claim that this product is a strengthening serum or anything like that. But something about the formula does wonders for my natural lashes!

Popular Mascaras