Tarte Cosmetics Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

Tarte Cosmetics Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara
Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart MascaraEnter TitleEnter Title

3.9

Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, alcohol, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, acacia senegal gum, VP/VA copolymer, phenoxyethanol, polyvinyl alcohol, panthenol, aminomethyl propanediol, ascorbyl palmitate, ethylhexylglycerin, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77499)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Packaging is really pretty, but that’s pretty much all about it. Mascara didn’t give me the length and volume my lashes needed. Wouldn’t recommend. And it smells weird too.

on 4/21/2018 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This mascara is a drier non-WP formula, so if you like that, you’ll like this mascara. The formula is a little wetter than I like when you open a new tube, but it dries to just the right consistency within the first week. It then stays that way for 3-4 months when it starts getting a bit flakey. Being non-WP, the formula can smear if your eyes get wet, but I didn’t really experience that much. The brush is a little on the large side for my liking, but it is one of those nylon spoolie brushes, which I do prefer. The reason I put that I wouldn’t repurchase it is incredibly similar to Mabeline’s Full n Soft (non-WP), which is MUCH cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was my first Tarte mascara purchase, chosen because of the mascara tube itself - the wooden outer is verry pretty and makes it look not so cheap. The formula itself is ok, no irritation or flaking, but it will randomly transfer onto my lower eyelids on me. I do have to admit I have had to add saline to it because it started getting dry after about a month of everyday use. I am going to toss this tube and open another one - I bought my current tube in store but mail ordered two more during a super sale, so I am hoping it’s just a minor issue going on with this tube (old stock and my saline addition altered the formula).
It seems as though there is something in it along the lines of fibers because I keep getting what at first looked like a stray eyelash hanging off the end of the brush, but after wiping it a few times and taking a good look it’s just product. I don’t care for the brush on this, it is very similar in diameter to the cheap tester mascara wands you can find in Ulta, a bit too big for my eye, I have a hard time getting into the outer corners of my eyes. The only think I can say this product has going for it is it does thicken my lashes well and offers some length.

Ok so I have gotten into another tube of this and haven't been experiencing the same problem (transferring) so the issue had to have been from adding saline. I also have been reading other reviews and comments made on the MUA makeup board says that the Tarte mascara formulas tend to get dry and that this makes it even better. So I am going to learn to deal with the dryness and not alter it!

I got this mascara in a trial pack and was pleasantly surprised that it didn't clump or leave my lashes all spidery. This product is great if you're looking to acheive darker, fuller yet still natural looking lashes.

on 10/28/2017 8:55:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

This mascara is very good for everyday wear! I wear contacts and stays until I wash it off.

on 7/23/2017 2:00:00 AM

This is currently my favorite mascara. It gives nice definition, doesn't clump much, gives volume, gives PLENTY of length, and it's super light. The only issue I have with it is that it can flake if you rub your eyes on accident, and it's not waterproof at ALL so if you start crying for whatever reason, it's gonna come off. But that's also a good thing because it's pretty easy to remove, which I personally really enjoy because I don't like spending years taking off my makeup in the evenings.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

** Coupon code. TARTELETTE15 gets you 15% off on the Tarte website till September 30th, 2018 - excludes shape tape and vaults **

Lacks impact, its like a $1 mascara. Barely any volume, not very black, doesn't hold a curl. The brush isn't good as it misses the little fine ones in the corners as well as doesn't coat my long lashes to the ends. And the brush messes with my lashes. Like it moves them all in awkward directions not regular neatly straight up or fanned out like regular mascaras. Overall this makes me look like some lashes are missing and like I'm a clutz at makeup (which I'm not). And it burns my eyes sooo badly. Seriously the WORST I've tried in years. To think I paid US $35 for this!! I got sucked in by the cute wooden packaging :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

smudges reallllllly easily

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

my eyes are so sensitive that the thought of mascara makes them cry. i keep at least 3 bottles of eye drops readily handy, dependent upon if i'm wearing contacts or spectacles.

mascara is not my friend. but this one is pretty good--it's not waterproof (lash friendly!) but doesn't seem to migrate to my under eyes, and still gives definition and length. the packaging is so cool, to boot. it's hella $$$ imo, and i'd never have purchased it myself, but my stepmonster sometimes does nice things and bought it for me.

Always smudges and flakes off. :(