Almay Wake Up Undereye Concealer

Almay Wake Up Undereye Concealer

2.9

on 6/22/2016 3:11:00 PM

I am not very picky about makeup products, so when my concealer ran out and i decided to get a different kind, i thought this concealer would be great. but when i put it on, i found out that i was wrong. firstly, nothing was coming out of the applicator and then it all exploded everywhere! when i figured it out, the came out much more orange onto my skin than it looked in the bottle. and when i blended it, it looked like nothing had changed at all. i was dissappointed and won't be spending $11 on this concealer again.

on 3/5/2016 5:23:00 PM

I love this concealer. I have med/fair skin with yellow undertones. I dont wear too much makeup- but I will splurge on concealer, b/c I need a good one! I have tried high end and lower end and I keep coming back to this! It is the perfect color, as it has the slightest orange undertone- not overbearing, but the perfect amount to brighten up the undereye! I only wish the packaging was a squeeze tube, b/c it can the applicator can get messy. But overall its a great ds concealer especially for my sensitive skin/eyes.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/21/2016 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is actually a pretty good concealer. The smooth consistency makes it easy to apply, and the coverage is good. I’ve spent a lot more on concealers that haven’t performed as well. I don’t use the built-in brush, instead I use a little concealer brush. It does a good job of hiding dark circles, and there’s quite a bit of product in the tube.

on 11/9/2015 4:36:00 AM

I do have strong yellow undertones (MUFE 140 for reference) and this in the lightest shade looks great on me. This is my go-to for weekends and casual days. It is natural-looking, light coverage yet it is enough to cover my purplish/brownish undereye circles. I apply it with the attached brush and let it "cook" before blending it out with my fingertip. I find it to be lightly hydrating but not greasy and it doesn't collect in my fine lines at all. It feels soothing when I put it on so I am growing addicted to the feeling of it. I don't mind the brush, I just clean it off with a baby wipe after each use. Update 1/10/16: It's been two months and I still love this. Over the holidays I also discovered that this photographs beautifully. My eyes in the photos looked brightened but still natural. And it is just so cooling and hydrating on my skin, that it just feels wonderful when I apply it.

on 7/27/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This product is the worst. I just finished a tube of it, and I will definitely not buy it again. First, it comes in a tube with a brush at the end that ends up just being cakey and gross...it's not very convenient. Then, it goes on deceivingly well, but within a few minutes, it transferred all into the creases under my eyes and left flecks of makeup floating under my eyes. Every day I would have to rub the area under my eyes to redistribute the makeup after a short while. I definitely do not recommend this.

on 7/16/2015 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Bought this with a coupon expecting it to be great - I love their liquid liners - but the tube for this product is so pressurized that every time I squeeze it either permanently indents itself (without dispensing product) or explodes. They need a doe foot applicator or something. Recently I squeezed it to discover that the plastic bit that would screw into the cap (connecting the applicator to the tube) cracked and product was spewing out of it. Gross & annoying. I tried messaging them but they are notorious for never replying to customer complaints. Lost $12!

on 6/19/2015 12:57:00 PM

Possibly the worst concealer Ive ever used. Used it only a few times and everytime I looked in the mirror Id wonder why I looked so crappy. On closer inspection it was this. Bought it in the lightest shade and it seemed fine at first but when I REALLY looked-it was straight up yellow. And by the end of the day looked more orange than yellow. Was totally embarrassed when I realized this and wondered how many people noticed before I did. Trashed it. The tube IS annoying also like everyone says. And coverage is sheer....and yellow. Maybe ok for someone with yellow tones I guess. But even if the color was a better match I felt this made me look older-and I don't even have lines under the eyes at all

on 6/19/2015 11:13:00 AM

Despite other reviews, this isn't a BAD product.. I do like the formula a lot and it provides really good coverage for dark circles. However, the packaging is terrible and I think that alone would keep me from repurchasing. I rarely use the brush to apply and mostly just squeeze the tube onto my finger and go from there. I find if its blended in well it does not crease for me at all. That being said, I think I just need to find a concealer with a similar formula to this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product was so-so. My mother gave it to me after deciding it wasn't the right shade for her. While I didn't have much of an issue with the shade, it had distinctive yellow undertones. I have more pink undertones, but I did not feel this was unusable as a result. There are not very many shades to choose from (3?) with this product. It costs about $7-8, though usually the drug stores have sales/coupons you can work with on this. This product claims to be medium coverage, but I'd say it's more on the lighter side of medium. In fact, I got more use out of this product as a brightener on top of my NARS concealer if I felt I needed the extra coverage. The packaging is awful with the built in brush and squeeze tube. Once I ran out of this, I felt like there was still a significant amount of product left in the tube because the tube is quite thick and it is difficult to get product out toward the end. As far as the built in brush, I would just squeeze a small amount onto the back of my hand and apply with my fingers/beautyblender. Despite all the cons I've listed, I still felt this was usable/OK in terms of drug store concealers. Give this product a try if you have light skin with yellow undertones and are not in need of a full coverage concealer!

Eh.. It's good because it's hypo allergenic but it doesn't do the job. It's actually hard for me to blend without it looking streaky. It's a very sheer under eye concealer. Wouldn't repurchase and its not cruelty free.