41%

price range

Reviews

2.0

4 years ago

I had a free sample from Boots well over a year ago - tried it tonight and it's awful for my skin - felt really greasy and didn't go well with my foundation at all - made me patchy! It smells amazing though and gives you a good glow if you're not planning on wearing makeup on top. I can understand how it benefits some people but a big no from me!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan

4 years ago

The packaging looks great, but wasn't a fan of the stick that you have the wipe off your hand to get the product off. Kinda unhygienic. It's a little shimmery, and I think that to reflect light to reduce the look of redness, and make look brighter overall. I used about a third to half the bottle and gave up cause it wasn't really doing anything. SUPER expensive too. I bought it because at the time I was desperate for something to help my red and oily skin and the description on the website sounded like a miracle (always check makeupalley or beautypedia before buying anything, guys). Anyway, it was about $100 when I bought it. Still can't believe I actually bought it. Never repurchasing!

About reviewer (71 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I won't go in too much details as the product is now discontinued. I am on my 3rd purchase so it is a winner for my sensible combo, zits here and there skin type. I don't wear foundation so this was perfect because it gives a subtle glow. The citrusy smell doesn't linger too long...not ideal for sensitive skin. Texture: light, non slippery, not too silicony, feels like nothing on. Does not provide hydration. The product contains bha, there are better bha products out there, but, I really like the fact that one pump gets me some skincare and cosmetics. My experience is that it helps to prevent zits. Very sad to say good bye...well...after I finish 2 more bottles I stocked...yea...I am a cosmetic squirrel:)

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

5 years ago

I love this serum and I'm very sad it's being discontinued. It's a nude/gold coloured shimmery serum which gives a glow to the face both worn on it's own or under make up. I've gotten a lot of compliments about my skin while using this serum. I wouldn't say it's a treatment, it's more of a cosmetic product that evens out the skin tone only when the product is actually sitting on the skin by catching the light. It's lightly fragranced and is comfortable on the skin. I use it with the Estee Lauder Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator for a natural makeup free look.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

I was given a bunch of trial size bottles of this but did not use any for over a year. This month I started using it and am very impressed with how comfortable and smooth my skin feels and it looks so good, even toned, and any redness on my cheeks has cleared.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

I love this product. I put this under my foundation. I had some hard time with medication that would make me break out. This formula would help the makeup to glide on the rough patches. With continuous use it brought my soft skin back. it is very expensive, but I have seen this product at Costco during the holidays. I stocked up last year.

About reviewer (243 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

5 years ago

This is a new version of an older Lauder product called Spotlight, which illuminated the skin and helped reduce redness. I don't like this new formulation, which has now been discontinued in favor of their new serum Enlighten. I found this to be ineffective at reducing dark spots.

About reviewer (470 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I like the ANR very much from EL and I also was using the Idealist pore minimizer, but I found that this latter was contributing to break me out, or had stopped doing effects, so I was looking for a new daily serum. The lady at EL convinced me to buy this "Idealist even skintone illuminator". What a waste of money!! I tried this for the first time, and it was such a bad experience! It made me glitter like gold, but a really ugly gold, and it broke me out like crazy. I never tried something that I disliked so fast, so I gave it to someone. It may work for some, but not for me! I'm using a Shiseido serum right now and very hydrating creams, as I feel the light of your skin should come from within, and not from any products that may even harm more... I keep those big guns just for special occasions!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

6 years ago

This product claims to treat the acne and pigmentation, I bought it because the Estee Lauder customer service at David Jones Told me its going to help fading the acne scars I got on my face I have been using it for 3 months now it didn't clear anything, its just expensive product. I think fair and Lovely for pigmentation is better product though its only 16 $ and it fade all my scars. anyway i wont buy this product again I wont even recommend it its waste of money.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

This product has a very nice texture, and the smell is very good. My skin looks really fresh when I use it, and feels like silk. I have oily skin, and this serum didn't make it worse or cause any breakouts. Though it's a nice product, it is very basic and doesn't do what it claims. I haven't seen any improvement in my acne scars, and I used it for 10 months. I think it's suitable for people who don't have too many flaws to fix. I won't buy this serum again, unless it'll be on a huge discount.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm