Dior Dior Addict EDP

Dior Dior Addict EDP

3.9

This perfume is so precious to me. I bought an 80% full 50ml bottle of the 2002 formula off somebody on Fragrantica, and she sold it to me for a great price. On Ebay it's ridiculously expensive!

I barely use it. I use it maybe once or twice a year, as it is a rare commodity and I'll probably never be able to find it again. It's dark, spicy, boozy vanilla with a beautiful creamy sandalwood. I think the Night blooming Cereus adds to the vanilla accord.

This is breathtaking. It's the epitome of noir, femme fatale, sex in a bottle. It lasts all night and into the next day, there'll be traces of it on your lover's pillow. An unbelievable perfume, it's heart-stirring. It's one of the best perfumes of all time.

After having said all this, I would recommend buying as much of the 2014 version as you can. I haven't tried it myself, but I hear it's much better then the 2012 one. Knowing Dior, it won't be there much longer and it will be reformulated or, god forbid, discontinued!

Hi, my name is Butterball and I'm a Dior Addict!

on 3/22/2018 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Smells like cola and cinnamon buns not a fan.

This perfume is delicious I cannot stop sniffing my wrist when I wear it. It truley is addictive I have the 2014 edition I’ve never smelled the previous 2 but I would like to smell the 2002 version if ever an opportunity arises. To the scent I adore the white florals in this! I adore Sambac Jasmine and orange blossom add in some citrus plus the bourbon vanilla and wow what a fragrance! This on me is very long lasting it goes strong for hours and hours on my skin. The sillage can be quite strong but I find it perfect for my taste. I purchased the 1.7 ounce but want the 100ml as soon as I can at least before they change the formula again. I love Dior but what annoys me about their scents is the constant reformulation. I get there are new laws and rules but it’s hard to keep track. But with Addict I feel that this is lovely I hear the 2002 had monster awesome sillage which I would love but I’m just glad the scent hasn’t changed too much.

I love the bottle the silver and blue is beautiful and this has a great nozzle. This is expensive but a few sprays go a long way and it’s a beautifully addictive fragrance that I know I do not want to be without. I love vanilla and white flowers I feel the 2 are so good together plus the mandarin leaf make such a lovely perfume. Love!

I beyond love this. It's the most beautiful perfume I have ever smelled. It's a complicated oriental floral. The Jasmine and Vanilla make it a home run. Silliage is beyond compare. The original and 2 flankers are all great. Women love it and men go crazy over this. I buy 3 at a time for fear it will be discontinued. Xox love Dior Addict xox

on 12/17/2017 4:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Oh my, is this stuff beautiful. I'm talking about the 2002 version. One of my ex-boyfriends was absolutely enchanted with it.When I told him it was Christian Dior, he was like "huh"? It's a creamy, warm vanilla supported by some light florals. Works a treat in warm weather, but it REALLY blooms in cold weather. I tried the newest version and they don't even compare. The newest one smells like I walked into the men's fragrance section of Macy's and tried every available cologne on then sprayed myself with some cheap vanilla scent. Don't get me wrong as I wear and like many men's colognes, but this was just a clash of utterly disgusting smells. Even the juice color is different- the 2002 version is a deep purple whereas the newest one is clear. I have no idea why it was reformulated- there was absolutely no need! The edp lasts all day and well into the night. I would most certainly wear this on a hot date or for a night out on the town.Who knows where it would take you;) My rating is for 2002 version. It's totally worth seeking out. I got mine at a great price on ebay. Just make sure you get a bottle that is all blue with no band at the top. ***** all the way!

on 10/14/2017 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have had this for over 10 years and I received it as a gift. I must have gotten the original formulation because it is a powerful fragrance. I can't spray it directly on my skin. I have to spray and walk into it. This is my go to for fall and winter! It lasts all day and then some.

on 10/14/2017 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This perfume smells so warm and ‘cosy’ on my skin. Difficult to explain. It is like a favourite piece of clothing that you would wear everyday if you could. Dior Addict and my body chemistry : pure magic. Usually, I do not smell perfumes when I wear them myself. But this one keeps popping up all day. Even a shower cannot easily ‘wash away’ this lovely vanilla scent.
I was a fan of hypnotic poison, but this one hypnotises even more.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I won't repurchase because Dior is notorious for having the worst reformulations in the perfume world.
My bottle is an original from 2001, without the gold band around it.

Addict is a statuesque, imposing perfume upon initial spray: it's opaque, slow moving and narcotic, a potion to eclipse all others in strength and tenacity.

Obviously the vanilla is THE centerpiece in the composition, and I find it surprisingly dry and smoky, but it is softened and sexed up to there with breathy musks, velvety woods and delicate flowers.
And I have no idea what note is responsible for turning this into veritable catnip for the senses, but, as politically unpopular as its name is, I find the perfume aptly named.

It really IS addictive.
Stick your nose in the sweater you wore when you put this on and good luck in being able to get away from it.

I did sample the newer version with the gold band around it and I found it really subpar, it lacked the depth and lingering quality, the lasting power was puny at best and the scent seemed plasticky.
But... I expected it. Dior sucks at reformulations. They managed to completely disfigure the iconic Diorissimo, after all.

on 2/14/2016 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Smelt simply beautiful on my friend. Exotic, warm, glamorous. I bought it and it reacted differently with my chemistry, it was sharper, pungent, soapy and STRONG. I couldn't bear it for long unfortunately and passed it on. Gorgeous on others. Not for me.

on 11/19/2015 10:59:00 AM

I got a sample of this to try out as a new sexy, nighttime, going out fragrance-and boy is it! A nice sexy, spicy vanilla that lasts forever. The spice and vanilla work really well together to keep it from becoming too one note and flat, or leaning too sweet. The second I sprayed it on my wrist I walked past a coworker and she grabbed my wrist, smelled it, and said "What is this, it smells so damn good".

Popular Fragrances