Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.3

Active Ingredients: Selenium Sulfide - 1 (Anti-Dandruff, Anti-Seborrheic Dermatitis)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Cocamide MEA, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 4

Contains selenium sulphide as its antifungal agent, rather than pyrithione inc in the rest of the H&S line.
It is effective at treating dandruff, seborrhoeic dermatitis, and pityriasis versicolor BUT there is no getting away from that sulphur smell. It's not so obvious immediately since there is so much scent covering it up in the formula itself but give it a few hours and your hair starts to smell like fart. It also has its delightful aroma cling to every towel and sponge it touches, too.

I can't deny its effectiveness as an antifungal treatment but it smells so bad it's an effective antisocial agent, too.
If zinc-based antifungals disagree with you, try looking into coal tar or ketoconazole based shampoos.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It works! The fastest and most effective thing to knock out my stubborn sebhorrheic dermatitis, (ewwwww). And after you're all cleared up using it just once a week or so seems to keep it at bay since it is a bit drying and not the greatest smell. Disappointed that I can't find this in Europe. Do note that it advises super-thorough rinsing on light-coloured hair, mine is nearly black so I didn't find this an issue but something to keep in mind.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been suffering with dandruff for ages now. I haven't really had any luck with other dandruff shampoos. Then I came across this one. I love it I use it every time I wash my hair (~3 days) and this works. I noticed that in winter, my scalp gets a lot more oily than usual. The only thing I don't like is it smells weird.