Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.9

Active Ingredients: Selenium Sulfide - 1 (Anti-Dandruff, Anti-Seborrheic Dermatitis)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Cocamide MEA, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 4

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

You do have to let it sit on your scalp for a little while in the shower before rinsing to get the most benefit.
It did help with flakes and itching ok but nothing spectacular.
The initial scent is not too bad(almost like a medicated dog shampoo) but after a few minutes UGH terrible.
Also after rinsing very well, I can still smell this on my body and hair and the smell keeps building and getting stronger and stronger. It smells horrendous! It just keeps getting worse.
I cannot stand it.
I will not be repurchasing this for that reason.
It literally makes me gag throughout the day.

Update:
My dog peed on her toy and it dried, the horrendous musky urine scent reminded me very much of this shampoo.
Yuck

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I moved from west to east coast and all of a sudden I have dandruff, probably due to extremely dry winter air. I tried Head and Shoulders with zinc, Body Shop ginger shampoo that gets rave reviews on this site, and neither of them worked to get rid of my winter flakes. This shampoo worked to get rid of the dandruff within a week. I was really happy.
HOWEVER, my bf cannot stand the smell. He says it reminds him of old men smell (his dad). I could not stand the smell for the first couple of days, but then I got used to it, but apparently the smell can be pretty appalling to other people. I think I will try Selsun Blue to see if it smells better.

I thought I had reviewed this product long ago, but apparently I hadn't! I have had problems with seborrheic dermatitis (basically an extreme version of dandruff with oily scalp and itchy, crusty dandruff--gross, I know!) since I was about 10 years old. It seems to be seasonal and is ramping up again now that it will soon be Fall. I have kept this product on hand for probably 15 years (formerly called Intensive), and it definitely does the trick to stop the severe itching and flaking. The only negative is that it doesn't smell great--my hair smells clean, but this shampoo definitely leaves an underlying sulfur odor which I can smell all day on my hands and nails, as well. I asked my teenage daughter to smell my hair and she claims she doesn't smell anything weird, but *I* can smell it on myself. If you have been suffering with persistent, crusty, oily, itchy dandruff give this a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this thinking when my scalp acts up I will use it. I decided to give this a try one evening and it took several days for the smell to go away. I will keep it for really bad scalp issues, but my regular Head and Shoulders seems to be keeping those at bay. I probably will never use it again and I only used it once. I am very sensitive to scents and this was horrible. Aside from the scent...it probably really helps those with extreme scalp issues and for that perhaps I would recommend this to at least try. Its ok, but will not be purchasing this ever again and probably will never use the bottle I have.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I had a problem that lasted for Months ! I used two types of the regular head and shoulders and a clarifying shampoo, I tried washing my hair twice a day and washing it every other day...tried dry shampoo...Nothing worked...until I tried the head and shoulders clinical strength...my scalp felt better after the first wash ! and after the second wash it was GONE...I wish I tried it earlier...the only thing I don't like about it is its smell...smells like Sulfur...and it stays in your hair for a couple of hours..but that is not a problem at all
PS my scalp problem was a consistent dandruff with a very very oily spot on my crown...this shampoo got rid of both problems

I like to use smooth & silky and sweet smelling shampoos constantly. However, after using those frequently my hair starts getting damaged. A few uses of this shampoo and my hair is back to it's vibrant self. Also, it does wonders to dandruff. It's really great shampoo!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was searching Makeup Alley for a shampoo to try because my scalp is just crazy awful right now. I've used this shampoo for about a two years and ran out a little over a month ago. I now know I can just give up the search and go back because this just works. I wash with this for a week and I'm okay for three. The smell doesn't bother me at all, I actually like it. It doesn't smell exactly like Irish Spring soap, but if you know what that smells like, then you know not to expect a fruity or floral scent. That's the only thing I can think of that would keep someone from using it, not liking the smell, because it works 100%.

EDIT 8/13: I just bought the Kmart brand of this shampoo and I still love it, and the fact it was three dollars cheaper. The Kmart brand works a little better for me because it has more of a slippy feel. I think the Head and Shoulders has more conditioners in theirs so it's really thick, where as the Kmart one I can actually get it on my scalp easier. This doesn't dry my hair out though. It has a different smell too. Sort of like generic body wash you probably get in any cheap gift basket, a faint fruity, but to me its not a gross smell. So if you don't like the Irish Spring scent of the H&S this might work for you. I bought this on a Sunday and got my hair cut ten days later. I washed my hair with this shampoo four times. I never ever would have let anyone near my scalp with how it looked before I bought this. After four washes I didn't even blink taking out my pony tail for the shampoo or when she was brushing it after.