Head and Shoulders Clinical Strength

Active Ingredients: Selenium Sulfide - 1 (Anti-Dandruff, Anti-Seborrheic Dermatitis)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Cocamide MEA, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 4

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

You do have to let it sit on your scalp for a little while in the shower before rinsing to get the most benefit.
It did help with flakes and itching ok but nothing spectacular.
The initial scent is not too bad(almost like a medicated dog shampoo) but after a few minutes UGH terrible.
Also after rinsing very well, I can still smell this on my body and hair and the smell keeps building and getting stronger and stronger. It smells horrendous! It just keeps getting worse.
I cannot stand it.
I will not be repurchasing this for that reason.
It literally makes me gag throughout the day.

Update:
My dog peed on her toy and it dried, the horrendous musky urine scent reminded me very much of this shampoo.
Yuck

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

HO-LEE SHIT. THE SMELL. SO BAD. I only used this once and trashed it so I can't fully speak to its efficacy (although it certainly didn't work wonders in one go) but the smell rendered this utterly unusable for me. It smells like musty old man dog pee cologne and the smell seems to intensify and expand as the days go on. 3 days later and I've had to wash all my clothes, bedspread, sheets etc because the smell was making me completely naseous. I don't understand why they thought this smell was okay. Also it seemed to give me a small mild rash on my neck

This did nothing to benefit my hair/scalp & actually further irritated the issues I am having. If you have sensitive skin or are dealing with a red scalp, opt for the 2% Zinc H&S instead.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this thinking when my scalp acts up I will use it. I decided to give this a try one evening and it took several days for the smell to go away. I will keep it for really bad scalp issues, but my regular Head and Shoulders seems to be keeping those at bay. I probably will never use it again and I only used it once. I am very sensitive to scents and this was horrible. Aside from the scent...it probably really helps those with extreme scalp issues and for that perhaps I would recommend this to at least try. Its ok, but will not be purchasing this ever again and probably will never use the bottle I have.

Contains selenium sulphide as its antifungal agent, rather than pyrithione inc in the rest of the H&S line.
It is effective at treating dandruff, seborrhoeic dermatitis, and pityriasis versicolor BUT there is no getting away from that sulphur smell. It's not so obvious immediately since there is so much scent covering it up in the formula itself but give it a few hours and your hair starts to smell like fart. It also has its delightful aroma cling to every towel and sponge it touches, too.

I can't deny its effectiveness as an antifungal treatment but it smells so bad it's an effective antisocial agent, too.
If zinc-based antifungals disagree with you, try looking into coal tar or ketoconazole based shampoos.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I moved from west to east coast and all of a sudden I have dandruff, probably due to extremely dry winter air. I tried Head and Shoulders with zinc, Body Shop ginger shampoo that gets rave reviews on this site, and neither of them worked to get rid of my winter flakes. This shampoo worked to get rid of the dandruff within a week. I was really happy.
HOWEVER, my bf cannot stand the smell. He says it reminds him of old men smell (his dad). I could not stand the smell for the first couple of days, but then I got used to it, but apparently the smell can be pretty appalling to other people. I think I will try Selsun Blue to see if it smells better.

This shampoo is great for dandruff! I have such bad dandruff I had medicated shampoo, but this works better than that did. I mean, it doesn't really do a lot for the frizziness for your hair so I just use a different shampoo for that along with it and it works out well. My advisement with this is use a different shampoo/conditioner along with it to treat your hair, and use this to treat your scalp.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It works! The fastest and most effective thing to knock out my stubborn sebhorrheic dermatitis, (ewwwww). And after you're all cleared up using it just once a week or so seems to keep it at bay since it is a bit drying and not the greatest smell. Disappointed that I can't find this in Europe. Do note that it advises super-thorough rinsing on light-coloured hair, mine is nearly black so I didn't find this an issue but something to keep in mind.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been suffering with dandruff for ages now. I haven't really had any luck with other dandruff shampoos. Then I came across this one. I love it I use it every time I wash my hair (~3 days) and this works. I noticed that in winter, my scalp gets a lot more oily than usual. The only thing I don't like is it smells weird.

the only thing that really works for my seborrheic dermatitis. helps with flakes and bumps on my scalp. tried other things over the years and went back to this.