Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

4.1

on 9/19/2013 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is great! I have oily skin with hormonal acne on the chin. I am African American. Medium Dark is perfect. Does not turn orange or break me out. Actually my chin area is clearing since using this.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Quick background on my skin: I am medium toned with yellowish-olive undertones, I have normal to dry skin and I am prone to have dry patches.

I have been looking around for a BB cream that accommodates to my NC42 skin tone and Bobbi Brown seems to be the only one to offer that. Other BB creams seem to make my skin ashy even if they say it's a "universal" tone. I was matched perfectly with "Medium to dark".
I was hesitant in buying this as it is AU$60!! It is a huge splurge but it is totally worth it. The cream is relatively thick but it blends perfectly into my skin, I use a Beauty Blender but my fingers work fine if I am in a rush.
It is a thick and creamy but blends into a light to medium coverage, more on the light side. I don't need much coverage but it gives me enough to cover my dark spots caused by acne and dark circles, but I still need to put concealer over it to make it look flawless. It leaves my skin so smooth and once it sets, it actually feels like your skin!
I am so happy with it even though it cost quiet a bit but it is worth it.

on 7/22/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE Bobbi Brown's BB cream. The Bobbi Brown specialist did inform me that this product is for normal to oily skin, which was perfect. I I definitely have oily skin and uneven skin texture. One of the claims of this product is that it helps to minimize pore appearance with the application and it did just that. My skin looked smooth and even. She also mentioned that, although it is a moisturizer and foundation in one, I should always moisturize my face before any type of coverage. It's a wonderful product.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I did a lot of research before buying this product. I thought it would suit my skin well, so I bought it in Medium. I had a prefect color match and my skin looked flawless. Lots of people complimented me with my skin, thinking I wasn't wearing anything... Why 3 lippies you ask? Well, I think this product caused break-outs on my face. After a few weeks use I started to develop clogged pores on my face and trust me, I haven't had those in years. I have normal skin with hardly any comedones, until I started using this product, and the BB-cream was the only change in my skincare routine. It has been a few month since my last use and my skin finally starts to clear up, thank God... So I loved how it looked on my skin, but I'm not going to buy this product again.... Maybe I'll use the BB-cream for special occasions for I have lots of product left, but not every day like I used to.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Eh.
That's Bobbi Brown's BB Cream summed up in one word.

Overview: "Moisturize, perfect and protect - instantly and over time. Now it's easier than ever to get great skin with Bobbi Brown's new BB Cream SPF 35. Inspired by a skincare/makeup hybrid that's a cult favorite in Asia, this formula combines moisturizer, treatment, Broad Spectrum SPF and a lightweight foundation in one. Plus, it's available in five skin tone correct shades carefully formulated by Bobbi herself. Consider it your skin's new best friend."

Price: I was so excited for this when it first came out, but I still had a bunch of other foundations I was using and loving, and this isn't exactly cheap. When I got a 10% code from Sephora's "Spin The Wheel" promotion, I decided I would just get it for the drier months. It's $42 for 1.35 oz while Laura Mercier's [in]famous tinted moisturizer is $43 for 1.5 oz. I suppose Bobbi's is more expensive because BB creams supposedly contain better-for-your-skin ingredients, but who knows.

Wear: I put this on about five hours ago and noticed some shine within an hour, and now my face is an oily mess. I normally have combo/oily skin, but it's been very dry here in LA and my skin is more normal (but still a little oily) than it usually is. It's also nighttime so it is quite windy and cool. It just strikes me as odd as Bobbi Brown consistently states in interviews that this BB cream is meant for oily skins and that her TM is for the normal/dry ones because this is not working with my skin at all! I'll need to powder throughout the day to make this work or maybe just powder more in the morning. I did not use any type of moisturizer under this and applied it to freshly cleansed and toned skin, as this was advertised to included the moisturizer step of our routines.

Color: The shades are so limiting! I'm about an NC40 give or take a little, and I am using the darkest shade, Medium to Dark. It matches the deepness of my skin pretty well, so if you're darker or a WOC, this won't be for you until she extends her shades. Bobbi prides herself in yellow-toned foundations, but to be honest, I found this to be pretty orange coming out of the tube, especially compared to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Caramel. On my skin, it has turned a little bit more orange. However, getting a shade lighter won't fix this problem-- you'll just look a lighter shade of orange. If you are Asian like me, your really yellow skin will just be far too yellow to match perfectly with this foundation.

Weight/ Coverage: I don't really feel it on my skin, but I normally can't even notice Laura Mercier Silk Creme or Estee Lauder Double Wear (normal and light). I do feel oily though, but I can't tell if that's the natural oils in my skin or if it's from the BB cream. I would say this is a light-medium coverage product, leaning towards the light side if you consider it a foundation and definitely medium and maybe even heavy if you consider this a tinted moisturizer.This isn't designed to be a heavy coverage foundation though, so although the coverage is buildable, it's going to feel really heavy if you're trying to get it to look really heavy. I have some redness along my left jawline and I find that this covers it about 30% of the way, but even ELDW does not cover it 100%, even on top of a green corrector.

Smell: It smells like body sunscreen!!! Even face sunscreen doesn't smell this strongly. I am aware that artificial fragrances aren't good for your skin, but I don't see this being good for my skin either.

Conclusion: This isn't BAD by any means, after all, higher-end products use better ingredients so I'm sure this is better for your skin than $3 drugstore foundation. However, I'm not sure it performs that much better than something cheaper. It's just average. I doubt I will return this because I'm sure I'll need some moisturizing one day and it might prove handy. I'll keep using this and update this if I remember to, but honestly I don't see myself re-buying this.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

For reference I'm NC40/42 and wear Medium/Dark in this product. It's a real time saver in the morning since I can use this one item instead of layering on three others (moisturizer, sunscreen & foundation). I have combo-oily skin and only had to blot one time in a 12 hour period. It applies and blends quite easily. The coverage is pretty good... not too thick and not too sheer. I definitely took off a lippie because of the limited shade range. I mean I'm about the coloring of Nikki Minaj and wear the darkest shade offered. Crazy. Especially since Bobbi is known for being a great line for women of color.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I feel a need to write that I've only tried one other BB cream. I tried the Maybelline one and the color was off. So, I don't really know how the Bobbi Brown BB cream compares to other brands. All I can say is that I think I have found my HG foundation(like) product.

I've tried Bobbi's Tinted Moisturizer and Skin foundation, and I couldn't find a match in either. So, I was nervous to see that this only came in 5 shades. The Medium to Dark matches my skin perfectly.

It gives the perfect amount of coverage for me. My skin is pretty clear, but I have some dark spots where pimples have healed. This does cover the spots just fine. Overall, it makes my skin look bright and flawless. I do use a light dusting of finishing powder over this.

The only drawback to this BB cream is that it does not photograph well. That is to be expected since it has a rather high SPF. So unless you are being photographed, I highly recommend this.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great product! Nice match for my skin. Good coverage. I use powder for a more finished look. Love to SPF 35!

Update: this product is fine for me in the winter. But in the summer when My skin is deeper from the sun...not so much. The undertones are way off then.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love BB creams but hate the fact that most of them are pink-toned. So I am very happy to discover Bobbi Brown BB Cream. This is perfect because the yellowish tone does not wash me out. It is easy to blend and very, very light on the skin. You only need a very small amount to even out your skin tone. I am using Medium, which is already the darkest shade. But I think this is quite forgiving, since the foundation shades I am using are NC35 or darker. Must buy again!

on 1/9/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

After reading about some big-name Korean BB creams causing breakouts, I was quite hesitant to buy into the trend, having extremely sensitive and acne-prone skin. I figured Bobbi Brown was a decent makeup brand and decided to pick up a tube of this in Hong Kong. While it's expensive for a BB cream, it gives a very natural looking, lightweight coverage and is great for everyday use. It also hasn't caused me any breakouts. Definitely worth the money.