Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had this BB cream applied at a Bobbi Brown counter as part of a lesson. I had high expectations for this BB cream but was disappointed. It blended in fine over the oily parts of my face but sat on top of the dry areas, making them look much worse and flakey (even on top of the "face base"). I had to go home and wash my face then follow up with my normal CeraVe lotion and my usual Mac Face and Body.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this for the SPF coverage needing something quick and easy for the summer months. I purchased the shade "Light" and was surprised at how dark and yellow the color was. Because it's fairly light coverage, the color wasn't a huge issue, but I wasn't able to use until I reached the end of summer. (I am typically around NW15 in winter, NW20-25 in summer months)

The coverage is ok. It is light, and won't hide any blemishes if you have them, but it does a decent job of correcting the discoloration in my cheeks. (better coverage than most BB creams I have tried though) When I first started using, I was loving it. It was fast and easy, decent SPF, perfect for beach days.

If you have oily skin, pass on this. My very dry skin looks greasy at the end of the day using this. Even set with a powder, my forehead shines like crazy. (something I have never experienced before)

I paid a hefty sum for this product, and was determined to make use of it. After using for 9 more days, I looked in the mirror one evening and noticed little white bumps in all my pores! My chin was covered in easily visible white gunky bumps! (despite having a solid skincare regimen to remove all makeup each night) It was just way to oily and greasy for my parched skin!

I had visited a friend who sent me a few pics we took. (on a day I had used the BB cream) and the photos were terrible. My friend even mentioned how unflattering the photos were, blaming the lighting. Nope, it was the BB cream. It photographs really poorly. That was the day this went into the dumpster.

I was really hoping to love this, because I love the Bobbi Brown foundation stick.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Price: On sale was cheap, but expensive on the regular (cant justify the repurchase)
Packaging: Good, sleek sturdy plastic squeeze bottle
Texture: Like a medium thickness moisturiser
Colour match: For my neutral to pink toned pale skin, close enough though still a touch dark and a smidge yellow and needs to be blended into neck
I bought this product at a factory for about $15 cheaper then the original price because as a pale person I have a hard time finding a bb cream that is even vaguely light enough. At first you might attempt to apply this with your fingers or a brush. DON'T APPLY IT LIKE THAT. It will be bad, it will sit on the skin like a weird tiny clumped mask that will look unnatural and it will oxidise and set like this. Gross looking, gross feeling. INSTEAD: Grab a beauty blender, whether it be the original or one of its many dupes and get it ready (wet it, squeeze out the water) then apply the bb cream onto the face in little dabby bits, a dot on the front of the cheek, a dot or 3 on around the edges of the face (or like 5, I have big cheeks) and dab and blend with a bouncing movement in with a medium pace, repeat on forehead, nose and neck. Tah Dah, it looks 10 times better, actually looks even natural, wont clump if you blend well, might oxidise a bit. The finished look should be a glowy but not too shiny look with light to medium coverage that's nice if you want the freckles to shine through a bit but even the skintone out.
Use concealer, this wont cover the pimples, lasts pretty well but it is a bb cream. Has spf which is a plus.
Not a HG product and perhaps not the best BB out but pretty good if you use the above technique and can deal with the price tag

Best BB cream I have EVER tried, and I have tried a few.. very natural and long lasting, I am not very tanned but I have to use the medium deep, otherwise medium is too light for me (I have a light mediterranean skin tone) Would definately repurchase with eyes closed. Also the spf is a plus!

on 10/3/2015 10:25:00 AM

Definitely need a light moisturiser to prepare skin for this bb cream otherwise the product can oxidise. If you do it is the most beautiful product I have used! Gives a glowing finish that lasts all day and has quite good coverage. The most naturally beautiful my skin has ever looked!

on 9/24/2015 4:21:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this in Fair when I bought 2 intense pigment liners on BB's website. Those are awesome and I love them. It amazes me that a company can make something that is absolute perfection, and then. . .there's this BB cream. It is awful. First, we have the color. I am an NW15-20, and this looks very dark coming out of the tube. So I compared it to my MAC lightful tinted cream, which is in Light Plus, the third lightest shade and this was definitely darker but also very yellow, whereas the MAC tinted cream is neutral/pink. When I applied it, it looked just as dark and yellow on my skin. Definitely not Fair, that's for sure. It didn't blend, it just sat on top of my skin. Even with a damp beautyblender, which can pretty much blend anything in (or at least blend it away), nothing happened. It just moved over a little bit and caked elsewhere on my face. No oil control, no anything except it looked terrible. It also made my face itch, which kind of freaked me out so I had to wash it off after about an hour. No biggie, since it looked terrible anyway.

This was absolutely awful. Tried it today and after wearing it all day I had to take my unopened box back. Imagine something on your face that makes you look 50 years older than you are are totally non- blendable and you would be thinking of this product. Really disappointed, just swapped for my usual long wearing foundation. Very, very drying too.

Best coverage and feel of and bob cream I've tried! No breakouts, and I was worried because I'm sensitive with chemical sunscreens and this is a mix. Would love a shade in between light and medium though so I hope she makes more shades, but I make light work for my mc 20-25 skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay, so first things first (I'm the realest, kidding) I'm not really fond of Bobbi Brown products, I think all her items are "meh". From concealers to eyeshadows to foundations. I thought I'd give this I try so I did, when I first applied applied it - it felt weird and it has that sunblock feel to it. So I was rubbing it like crazy on nose, and I only used like a pea sized amount. When I was done applying it, after a minute or so I feel like my skin was suffocating and really oily + sticky. My skin was begging me to remove it. It does a good job at covering redness and lightening scars but my skin did not like it. After an hour my skin went from sticky to a complete oil slick. Yuck. AND ITS EXPENSIVE SO I WOULD NOT REPURCHASE THIS. I do prefer the Chanel Les Beige all in one healthy glow fluide. It's light and blends like a dream. Although I am oily, and the product is meant for dry to normal(?) it manages my oil pretty well. So yeah. This thing sucks

I usually hate BB creams and have never liked any that I've tried, so I wasn't expecting much of the little sample pot I was given by a Bobbi Brown sales assistant with a purchase of another product - in fact, I didn't even bother trying it for ages until I discovered it at the botto of my makeup bag on a day when I wasn't leaving the house, and thought I'd give it a go.

What a great surprise - this product is fantastic. Unlike most other BB creams, it doesn't look dull, orange or patchy on my skin. It has just enough coverage to even out my (very) uneven skin tone and although my skin is oily, it doesn't slide or feel greasy on my face. I just use it with a little concealer under my eyes, and I set it with a very light dusting of powder. It seems to stay put pretty well, and the colour (I use the lightest shade) works with my ultra-pale complexion.

Basically this the only BB cream I'd ever use. A really great product.