Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the second BB cream I ever bought. First one was from Dior and I hated it. Bobbi Brown one is much better but unfortunately, it's not for a dry skin.

Pros:
- it completely dissolved my rosacea in a week. It did something no treatment could do! My skin is not red anymore and I don't have pimples (this is the reason I gave it three stars instead of one for performance)
- shade light perfectly matches my skin, it's somehow neutral, not too pink, not too yellow (though I would need to buy darker one for summer)
- doesn't oxidize

Cons:
- sets fast, I have to do my whole face in 30 seconds otherwise I have thick layers at some place and nothing on others
- it's impossible to use any other cream product with it, they will cake (forget about concealer)
- doesn't last long, only half of the day if set with powder and you need to wipe it all out before reapplying it otherwise you'll have a patchy face
- clings to dry patches and accentuates skin texture on dry areas

The performance of this stuff is awful, but healing properties are 5++. I'll look for another BB cream but in the meantime, I will continue to use it and repurchase if I must just for the sake of not having red skin with some pimples that I get from using any foundation on the market.

P.S. Actually I have returned it. Way too cakey on my face.

on 2/24/2017 9:17:00 AM

This has been my regular BB cream for a while. Got it as a sample from Sephora and just sort of adopted it when my Stila foundation ran out. It's pricey, but I like the packaging...the tube is just the best for foundation. It's soft and you can take scissors to...so you can get every bit out. Coverage is pretty good as long as you pat it on and the SPF is great! Primer goes under, then concealer, two types of powder to set and all-nighter spray to finish. Keeps my skin from drying out, doesn't break me out, and manages to not melt off in the North Texas heat...though I'm sure all the other crap on top of the BB cream helps!

on 3/24/2016 11:16:00 PM

Love this! The "Fair" shade is a very close match to my skin, and this lasts most of the day with only a little touchup. Coverage is medium, and looks natural. Texture feels creamy but not greasy at all, and does not slide off like some BBs and CCs.

I am now 63 with combo skin, and have found this BB works best when I apply my Neutrogena Visibly Even SPF 30 Moisturizer underneath it and let it dry. After I apply the BB cream I set it with a light dusting of loose powder on my cheeks and chin.

My only complaint is the high price, so I either purchase at a CCO outlet a few times a year, or at the Sephora F&F sales in the spring and fall for the 15-20 percent discount.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had such high hopes for this BB cream. I tried a sample and liked how it covered so I ordered a full size in my color: fair. My full size applied a little differently. I had to apply in small areas and blend quickly. And then when I was finished full face I stood back and every fine line was highlighted. i looked 10 years older. I decided to give it some time thinking it would improve with my natural oils and it did settle some but it still showed every line. This did nothing to improve the look of my skin unlike my other TMs or BBs like Laura Mercier, Nars, It, Lancome. I appreciate the SPF 35 but this is not right for my mature skin. I'm unhappy with the dull finish. The good points are that it feels like nothing on and it didn't oxidize.

on 7/14/2014 11:17:00 PM

This is below average. I say asian BB creams by Etude house, Ettusais and even the clinique moisture cc is much better than this. This is downright drying and the pigment content is too low. By the end of the day my skin was flaky and colour had been eaten away. I don't see it performing at all. Its not for dry skins or use a moisture serum underneath.

on 7/1/2014 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product. In my sixties with roseacea. I like the color choices in this formula. I Use Extra Light shade. Like this for everyday. I think of it is as MyFaceButBetter. Covers my redness sufficiently for most days. Since I am retired, I do minimal makeup everyday. This is great for this purpose. Only issue I have is that my oily nose breaks through. I just use the MUFE HD Powder to deal with this. You do not need a lot of product. Coverage is slightly build able. I find that it lasts pretty much all day on my face. I do have to blot my nose.

on 5/4/2014 9:22:00 PM

I've tried several brands of BB cream (including Smashbox, Estee Lauder, Stila) and this one by Bobbi Brown is definitely my favourite. It gives very good coverage and matches my skin perfectly (I bought it in Light), unlike other BB creams, which have tended to be too dark or too orange.

on 4/29/2014 2:07:00 PM

Definitely worth buying...
I bought this on a flight to use up my pounds so I was quite curious to see how this product worked for me... I bought medium which is pretty much a perfect match for my skin - I thought I was very fair and the lighter colour would suit me. The consistency is good, nothing to complain about. Feels a bit thick before applied but evens out and leaves a light, dewy finish on the skin. No it doesn't give good coverage but I didn't expect that from a bb cream.. A bit of concealer on my redness sorts out that issue. Since buying this has become my everyday product and since I live in a very warm climate i am very impressed at the fact that it lasts for hours.. Doesn't slide off the skin.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

In the summer of 2012, BB Creams were just becoming really big in the United States, and being the makeup junkie that I am, I bought into the hype right away. At the time, I was starting Accutane and had acne that was out-of-control and skin that was constantly red and painful. I knew that no foundation would cover up all the problems I was having, so I gave up on makeup for a while. I was looking for a simple product that would even my skin tone out a little, diminish redness, and not irritate my already upset complexion. I decided that BB Creams were my calling. I did a lot of research and tried a lot of products before settling on Bobbi Brown's version.

So began the most passionate love story of my life: mon amour, my love, my first everything, my first tube of Bobbi Brown BB.

Ever since, there has not been ONE DAY I haven't worn this, unless I had the flu or for some other reason didn't leave my house, wash my face, or take a shower at all that day (read: gave up on life). It is practically a part of who I am at this point. I have sent a letter to Bobbi Brown begging them to never discontinue this because I don't know what I would do without it. I've bought at least seven or eight tubes by now and I'll continue to buy it until it's no longer available. I have honestly no desire to try any other foundation products. "Holy Grail" doesn't come close to describing my relationship with this product. It is more like my soul mate. If it were a human, we would make sweet love together every night, laugh at all the same things, go out dancing to salsa music, and be so cute that all our friends hated us.

It took a little bit of getting used to, but so does any product. I'll admit that my application method is fairly unorthodox and would not work for most people, but it is a match made in heaven for my post-accutane, Sahara desert dry skin. I speculate that this would also work for people using topical retinoids.
To prep my skin for the BB cream, I oil cleanse with castor oil before applying CeraVe AM lotion mixed with a salicylic acid moisturizer of my choice, to exfoliate flakes. I don't wash off the castor oil before applying my moisturizers -- that's the trick to making my pores look tiny and the surface of my skin look smooth. The combination of the slightly slick texture of the CeraVe AM over the castor oil base is a perfect canvas for my BB Cream. The oil soaks into my face during the day and melds with the BB Cream to become one beautiful and natural-looking case of complexion perfection.

I always use another SPF underneath this even though it has pretty good sun protection, but only because I'm really anal about never having wrinkles and keeping my skin protected against hyperpigmentation. I'm sure for most people the SPF in this is good enough by itself. I'd also be willing to speculate that those of you with oilier skin types may not even need any other moisturizer underneath this, depending on the climate you live in. In my experience it is great at controlling oil because I slather a bunch of it on my face in the morning and by evening, I look "dewy." I only do this because if I didn't slather a bunch of oil on my face in the morning, by evening my skin would be crusty, red, and chapped, but I have an abnormal level of dryness caused by harsh acne meds, so YMMV.

What I possibly love most about this product is the color. I wear the Extra Light shade, and it's one of the only BB Creams I've tried that isn't sickeningly PINK. I'm VERY fair-skinned, and VERY yellow-toned. MAC's NC10 is way too pinky-orange for me. It's hard to find foundations light enough for my skin that are either neutral or yellow enough. Bobbi Brown BB Cream is WONDERFULLY YELLOW. Cool-toned girls, don't fret -- my NW15 sister also loves the Extra Light shade because the yellowness has a neutralizing effect on her warmer skin. Everyone wins.
One thing I've noticed along the way is that when I first open the tube, the product is very yellow, but by the time I'm finishing up the last bits of product, it turns to more of a neutral shade, which is fine, but I think the cream oxidizes a bit in the tube as you use it. Not a deal breaker by any means, but something to note.

I use about one tube every three months, but I am a very heavy user and sometimes apply multiple layers of this per day. In terms of brushes, I've found the best application method is using the Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush (or one similar) and a stippling method, but I use a BeautyBlender. It is extremely buildable. One layer is light-medium coverage, two is medium-full. If you want to apply two layers it's best to wait a long time in between. For example, if I know I'm going out that night, I'll apply one layer, go about my day, then apply a second layer when I start doing my "night look" makeup. It does not look cakey when you do this. I can attest to that. It actually looks better than applying one layer of a full-coverage foundation because with two sheer coats, the nuances of your skin can still be seen, but they're so blurred out that you look basically perfect.
I find that I look most beautiful when I apply this, take a nap, and then apply a second layer about an hour later. (Why? I don't know. It's just one of those weird things you pick up on after religiously using a product every single day for a long period of time)

Bobbi Brown BB Cream is super long-lasting, but the great thing about it is that when it does start to wear off, it just looks like you're not wearing any makeup. I can sleep in this and it doesn't irritate my skin. In fact, my skin is more reactive if I don't wear it for a day. I think it does have positive, balancing effect on my skin.

In a sentence: this is the HG foundation product for me and my skin. YMMV, but it's a wonderful BB Cream I'd recommend to anyone.

on 11/4/2013 8:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like it! I bought in an airport. My BB Skin foundation package is in glass and weighs too much to carry around when travelling, so I head to the BB counter at London Heathrow airport while waiting for my plane. The sales lady tells me to try Bobbi’s BB cream. The package is “travel friendly” and it’s supposedly lighter than my BB Skin Foundation though assuring nice coverage. I buy it and try it for three days. Its soft and smells good and my skin looks even and fresh and feels light and weightless. The color “medium” is right compared to my beige n. 3 foundation. I’m satisfied, it’s a nice alternative to foundation, which I will continue to use of course, but will alternate to days when I want to feel more “natural” and “on the go”.