Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

on 8/10/2017 5:17:00 PM

I really liked how creamy this was, with good, medium to heavy coverage. However, the color was a bit too tan/yellow for me. Unfortunately, I can't remember what shade it was! If it was the Extra Light, I would not buy again because of the color mismatch. If it was a darker shade, I definitely would try again in a lighter shade.

This was the first BB cream I ever tried years ago (I think Bobbi was early to the BB cream train) and I thought I really liked it, so bought it again. I have to say, it's no longer as good as I thought it was. Good: The coverage is light, it has SPF and the tone was not pink or orange like lots of BB creams. Not good: formula is tough to work into the skin; it dries quickly, cakes up around nose/eyes/etc. and also doesn't settle in if you use too much moisturizer or a primer underneath. I had to use my fingers, never brush or sponge, to really work it in. For the price, I'm going to skip it from now on.

on 12/28/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly? I was desperate to love this BB cream, I really was, because I'd paid so much money for it (58 dollars!). Despite older people lecturing me on shopping for expensive makeup (because for some reason 19 year olds are only allowed to use drugstore or something?) I decided to go for this BB cream because:

a) the ratings seemed pretty good on here
b) had a good amount of SPF in it, and was fragrance and oil free as far as I remember
c) I was in the market for a new base product that wasn't foundation (too heavy feeling) and wanted something lightweight and unlikely to break me out
d) there didn't seem to be a drugstore BB cream that would be good for me (NYX didn't have my shade, Loreal's and Rimmel's apparently suck, couldn't find the Maybelline ones anywhere, etc) - same for higher end brands.

So I bit the bullet and bought this. For reference, I have a medium skin tone with lots of post acne marks on my cheeks and chin, and prominent pores and blackheads on my nose. I get a few pimples here and there but I don't get as much as I used to before. Most of my problems are from acne marks. Anyway, seeing as this is a BB cream I did not have any expectations for it cover all my problem areas. I knew I would need concealer but I already had a pretty good one and just wanted something to even out my skin tone and make my skin look "better" - I don't know, maybe more luminous and dewy? Or at least smooth over my pores? Just better than what it is without makeup. Not so red, I guess. Bare in mind that my overall skin texture is actually pretty good, just very red.

To cut the crap, here are some pros and cons:

**PROS**:
- Didn't break me out
- Has really good coverage considering it's a BB cream
- Feels very lightweight on the skin
- Matches my skin tone EXACTLY (it's almost scary!)
- Easy to blend

**CONS**:
- Accentuates skin texture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was my biggest problem with it. It emphasized my pores and, believe it or not, even the bumps on my skin (zits that haven't formed a head yet). Honestly, I looked worse with this BB cream than if I had nothing on.

- Wear time is bad, and the powders I've used haven't extended it much. I'm surprised by this, as I have pretty normal skin that though is problematic and acne prone, is not excessively oily nor dry. But for the life of me, I couldn't do anything (setting spray or powder) that would make it stay long enough so that my blemishes don't show through again during the day - whenever I'd go to the bathroom on a break between lectures, they were visible again! Even the slight green tinge in my philtrum area (mustache) would show through relatively quickly!

Bear in mind I do not usually prep my skin before applying this stuff. I plan to use a moisturizer just before to see how it looks on my skin to compare, and I'll provide an update. Maybe I'll use a primer. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this product. The overall impression I get is that if you have great skin texture (i.e.: flawless skin that probably doesn't even need makeup in the first place!) then you'd like this. For 58 dollars it should've been way, way better than this. Even if it works with a primer/moisturizer/MAC fix plus, for that price it shouldn't need those things!

My advice would be to give this a pass. If you have flawless skin, you can buy something for a fraction of the price from the drugstore that would work way better than this thing. Going back to my trusty Loreal True Match. Should never have strayed!

on 12/7/2016 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I liked the way that this felt on my skin, the shade was a little yellow for me but it looked okay so I bought it. I loved that there was spf in it! However after a couple weeks I noticed that I was getting a lot of blackheads (which is unusual for me) so I stopped using it. Within a couple days they cleared up. This was the only product that I changed in my routine before or after they started, so I stopped using it.

Despite how thick the formula is, this BB cream is surprisingly light coverage. It lightly evens out my skin tone but does not work well to cover any major redness or scarring.

Because of its convenient squeeze tube and quick application, this BB cream is what I reach for almost daily. This is the first BB cream I have stuck to. I do not find that it breaks me out and provides good enough coverage for what I like.

I have combination skin and I would not recommend this to those with oily skin types as it does slip and slide. Also, if you have dry patches - this will cling to it (not extremely though).

on 7/27/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Light to medium coverage, somewhat thick cream that blends beautifully and covers large pores. This does not last all day since it is more of a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I like to wear this when I don't want to put on so much makeup. The plastic tube makes it great for travel.

This is not for very oily skin. Nor is it for people who need a lot of coverage.

on 6/2/2016 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the bb cream that started it all. Used to be my favorite cause I did not break out from it. Even out my skin tone . Make it look like I got great skin . The tube last forever. But I won't repurchase because I found something better

on 5/22/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS BB CREAM! I use quite a few Bobbi Brown products. Her powder eyeshadows, lip glosses, concealer, and blushes. I love her eyeliner pots and cream shadows but they dry out too quick for the expensive price you pay :(
BUT...if you like BB Creams, this one is IT!! It has an SPF of 35, a bit of moisture (if you have dry skin, you will need a separate moisturizer under this), enough color to give you sheer to light coverage (says light to medium, but I assure you it would take a lot of this to get medium coverage!) It has a bit of a creamy/sticky texture. Sounds awful but it's not! Has real staying power, and a MUST HAVE for summer!! I am light skinned with yellow undertones. Definitely not "fair" but I wear the color fair in this. It's not a true fair. It's more light than fair and has a good bit of yellow in it. It's a perfect match for my light olive German skin :)

on 3/28/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Bobbi Brown is a great place to look for foundations and concealers and such.. their BB cream has a lightweight feel on your face and coverage is buildible but never perfect, it's also great as an eyeshadow base. Plus I love the fact that the finish actually looks like skin.
Anyway this bb cream doesn't really have a scent, it doesn't smear off at all but you would definitely need to blot it throught the day (if you are oily) and touch up around your smile lines around the mouth and those lines around your eyes(or set). I bought it in 55$ because that is the only store where I found a BB cream in my skin colour (during the winter). I would totally recommend this to anyone who got money, but I wouldn't buy this again because it is not my color and they do not have a colour for me.

on 3/14/2016 11:29:00 AM

My second tube! I love it...great for everyday use but it doesnt provide so much coverage