Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.4

on 11/5/2018 12:01:00 PM

I recently purchased this, tried a couple times, and am going to return it. To me, this type of product should be a slap-the-sh*t-on-and-run-out-the-door one, and this is not. It has to be blended in pretty well or it is obvious, a lot of rubbing is needed if using fingers (which is not good) or else it just seems to sit on top of the skin and "dot" in the pores, and using a blending tool defeats the purpose of this type of product, IMO. Another negative is it doesn't have a pleasant smell, kind of like Band-Aids. I did give it two stars because I think it's a high-quality product and the shade Light is stellar, but this product isn't working out for me.

I am divided on this product. About every foundation I have used on my naturally combo but now quite dry to to the Tria laser and Retin-A use skin shows up and that makes me upset. I'm 37, I have some fine lines and pigmentation (which is what the aforementioned products above are addressing). At any rate, I wanted something simple with a good SPF because I have to wear one when doing those treatments and something light that would even out my skin and hide texture. I got this product in medium and the color is a bit more yellow than me but it is a good thing because it counteracts the bit of redness I am getting from the treatments. 50% of the time I wear this, I love it. When blended to perfection it actually hides texture pretty well and I find that there is no need to powder at all with this. It has a natural skin finish on me, all day. I find that it lasts on my skin and where it does show signs of wear, it does so evenly unlike those fuller coverage, en vogue long wear foundations. The other 50% of the time I get this effect like it is sitting on the skin and is visible. I do wonder if it is my recently dry skin and not the product now. I use CE Ferulic serum, La Mer the moisturizing lotion, sometimes the Chanel Flash Balm primer and then the BB. I notice it stands a better chance of being part of the better 50% with the flash primer. I also get my beauty blender soaking wet until it gets big then ring it out completely before applying. I have tried fingers and brushes but those tended to be bad 50%. There has to be a trick when I get it to work and I am still wondering what exactly it is so I can consistently replicate it. So it has the potential to be a low maintenance HG product but it is finicky to the point that it is almost ironic. I am anxious to try it when I am on off time with the Tria to see what it does when my skin is more combo.

on 2/10/2018 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I mix this in a 50/50 ratio with my Revlon Colourstay foundation for oily skin and hoooooooly crap. These two just create the perfect combo if you have oily skin. My skin absolutely hates thick product, so this is the perfect consistency when worn on its own. Today, I forgot to set it using powder and it STILL looked flawless after 5 hours. I only have to blot once when wearing this all day, and it fills my pores beautifully.

Only small con is the price to be honest. This is definitely an expensive product, but as someone whose skin just does not accept any other foundations, tinted moisturizers, or BB creams, this is more than worth it. AND my skin just gets better looking the more I wear it. It doesn't feel overly heavy on my face, and I just love mixing this with foundation to make them less heavy. Will absolutely order more of this once I run out.

on 5/31/2016 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great if you have perfect skin, but little to no coverage. This is a tinted moisturizer with SPF, and if you have any blemishes at all it will do nothing to cover them. Easy to apply with fingers if you're in a rush, good for beach days, but I find myself reaching for concealer and foundation for blemished areas so why bother with this in the first place?

on 4/30/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bobbi Brown is one of the top three of my favorites in make up products. I love it because it has many shade options so you can find your perfect shade especially in make up products for face.
BB cream of Bobbi Brown is one of the products which I cannot give up using! I discovered it few years ago at Hong Kong airport duty free, I was very tired, sleepy, no make up and totally messy looking!I was searching something to buy, anything to spend the Hong Kong dollars before leaving the country! And I found Bobbi Brown BB cream, one of the best coincides in my whole life! I applied it to my face with no other make up product, no eyeshadow, no mascara no blush, with only BB cream I had a healthy looking with smooth and even skin tone. It has a natural finish, long lasting, very light but coverage is great, even the skin tone and gives a great glow to the face! I have a combination skin and if there is humid outside my face gets shiny and all make up products seem caky on my face but I can use Bobbi Brown BB cream during hot summer days without applying any blushes or compact powder confidently! It has wide range of shade options so you can find your perfect shade.
I highly recommend Bobbi Brown BB cream!

I read a lot of reviews & watched review videos about this bb cream, & I wanted to like it but I don't. I have fair skin, I bought the lightest shade, & I am distinctly... Yellow. Not flattering.
It is medium coverage like they say, but it for some reason didn't really cover any redness at all.
This would be good for someone who doesn't have many spots or much redness to cover. It feels nice on my skin, doesn't feel like it would make my oily skin any more oily. I just wish it helped with the redness.

on 2/23/2016 4:43:00 PM

This bb cream is terrible for dry skin. It clings to anything and everything and is awful to blend. My friend with normal skin looks so nice with it on, but if you have dry skin stay clear. Try a sample before you buy!

on 7/17/2015 12:49:00 AM

I got a deluxe sample size of this at sephora with my points and I used it all up until the very last drop!
This feels lightweight yet very creamy and a nice thick product (thick in a good, nourishing, high quality product way. It was not sheer or skimpy). It covers very well! My redness was camouflaged but I did need to use an under eye concealer.

I am normally a daily eldw person, but I used this when I was having a laid-back day and wanted something on my face. Think the shades are very pure, it didn't oxidize on me, and it was a very moisturizing bb cream! My favorite bb creams are this and the one by smashbox (which controls oil well with a powder over it), but I found this to be more nourishing. This is definitely better than tinted moisturizers, I think this is far more superior than the nars tinted moisturizer...which I was a huge fan of

My three complaints are that the price is high for what is essentially a glorified tinted moisturizer, the shades mostly lean peachy on my skin (still workable but I expected it to come off as neutral-yellow), and I do use a physical sunscreen under this for extra uva protection

on 7/5/2015 2:43:00 AM

Really nice bb cream, provides light, natural looking coverage. Has great staying power throughout the day with Bobbi's primer/moisturizer underneath and a setting powder. Caters for girls with really light skin coloring like myself. Definitely a winner product for natural looking everyday makeup routines

At first I really loved this product. Great smell, great match with my skin and so moisturizing! but then, it broke me out SO BADLY! It been 4 months since I stopped using this bb cream and still couldn't clear my skin. I'm so disappointed. :(