Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

on 12/28/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly? I was desperate to love this BB cream, I really was, because I'd paid so much money for it (58 dollars!). Despite older people lecturing me on shopping for expensive makeup (because for some reason 19 year olds are only allowed to use drugstore or something?) I decided to go for this BB cream because:

a) the ratings seemed pretty good on here
b) had a good amount of SPF in it, and was fragrance and oil free as far as I remember
c) I was in the market for a new base product that wasn't foundation (too heavy feeling) and wanted something lightweight and unlikely to break me out
d) there didn't seem to be a drugstore BB cream that would be good for me (NYX didn't have my shade, Loreal's and Rimmel's apparently suck, couldn't find the Maybelline ones anywhere, etc) - same for higher end brands.

So I bit the bullet and bought this. For reference, I have a medium skin tone with lots of post acne marks on my cheeks and chin, and prominent pores and blackheads on my nose. I get a few pimples here and there but I don't get as much as I used to before. Most of my problems are from acne marks. Anyway, seeing as this is a BB cream I did not have any expectations for it cover all my problem areas. I knew I would need concealer but I already had a pretty good one and just wanted something to even out my skin tone and make my skin look "better" - I don't know, maybe more luminous and dewy? Or at least smooth over my pores? Just better than what it is without makeup. Not so red, I guess. Bare in mind that my overall skin texture is actually pretty good, just very red.

To cut the crap, here are some pros and cons:

**PROS**:
- Didn't break me out
- Has really good coverage considering it's a BB cream
- Feels very lightweight on the skin
- Matches my skin tone EXACTLY (it's almost scary!)
- Easy to blend

**CONS**:
- Accentuates skin texture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was my biggest problem with it. It emphasized my pores and, believe it or not, even the bumps on my skin (zits that haven't formed a head yet). Honestly, I looked worse with this BB cream than if I had nothing on.

- Wear time is bad, and the powders I've used haven't extended it much. I'm surprised by this, as I have pretty normal skin that though is problematic and acne prone, is not excessively oily nor dry. But for the life of me, I couldn't do anything (setting spray or powder) that would make it stay long enough so that my blemishes don't show through again during the day - whenever I'd go to the bathroom on a break between lectures, they were visible again! Even the slight green tinge in my philtrum area (mustache) would show through relatively quickly!

Bear in mind I do not usually prep my skin before applying this stuff. I plan to use a moisturizer just before to see how it looks on my skin to compare, and I'll provide an update. Maybe I'll use a primer. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this product. The overall impression I get is that if you have great skin texture (i.e.: flawless skin that probably doesn't even need makeup in the first place!) then you'd like this. For 58 dollars it should've been way, way better than this. Even if it works with a primer/moisturizer/MAC fix plus, for that price it shouldn't need those things!

My advice would be to give this a pass. If you have flawless skin, you can buy something for a fraction of the price from the drugstore that would work way better than this thing. Going back to my trusty Loreal True Match. Should never have strayed!

on 7/27/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Light to medium coverage, somewhat thick cream that blends beautifully and covers large pores. This does not last all day since it is more of a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I like to wear this when I don't want to put on so much makeup. The plastic tube makes it great for travel.

This is not for very oily skin. Nor is it for people who need a lot of coverage.

on 4/30/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bobbi Brown is one of the top three of my favorites in make up products. I love it because it has many shade options so you can find your perfect shade especially in make up products for face.
BB cream of Bobbi Brown is one of the products which I cannot give up using! I discovered it few years ago at Hong Kong airport duty free, I was very tired, sleepy, no make up and totally messy looking!I was searching something to buy, anything to spend the Hong Kong dollars before leaving the country! And I found Bobbi Brown BB cream, one of the best coincides in my whole life! I applied it to my face with no other make up product, no eyeshadow, no mascara no blush, with only BB cream I had a healthy looking with smooth and even skin tone. It has a natural finish, long lasting, very light but coverage is great, even the skin tone and gives a great glow to the face! I have a combination skin and if there is humid outside my face gets shiny and all make up products seem caky on my face but I can use Bobbi Brown BB cream during hot summer days without applying any blushes or compact powder confidently! It has wide range of shade options so you can find your perfect shade.
I highly recommend Bobbi Brown BB cream!

on 2/22/2016 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

This is the first bb cream I have ever tried, I bought this product a couple of weeks ago and have used it almost everyday since, I got the shade natural which is a good match for my nc30 skin. (The shades medium and natural looked identical to me, when I asked the bobbi brown mua she said natural has more yellow undertones and medium more pink, as im nc I went with natural) It does gives good coverage although if you like a high coverage I wouldn't recommend (bb creams are not supposed to be full coverage anyway so I would recommend foundation if that is the look you prefer)
I always apply a moisturiser before this product as my skin is dry (you could skip this if your skin is oily)then I blend this bb cream into my skin using my real techniques stippling brush. I love how natural the product looks yet it still gives coverage and blurs imperfections, using this has completely put me off using heavy foundations even on a night out I think I'd rather just use this and add concealer wherever I need more coverage. At £29.50 it is quite expensive but you get 40ml and a little goes a long way so it will last a while, I would definately repurchase this.

on 8/24/2015 4:42:00 AM

Terrible product! I got a sample of the Medium/Dark shade.

- Broke out
- Colour was awful - they do not cater for anyone with the 'Golden' shade. Nothing in between dark and medium dark.
- Very expensive

Generally not happy with it and will never buy again.

on 6/25/2015 9:28:00 AM

I bought bobbi brown Bb spf 35 it's very good being a Indian it was very difficult to get according to my skintone.it gives glow on my face. I love this product

on 5/21/2015 8:28:00 PM

Decent coverage but dries very quickly so you don't get enough time to blend in / spread. It doesn't have very good 'spread' if that makes sense. There needs to be a shade between fair and medium. I am NC25 and fair is too light, medium too dark. It also would not be good for oily skinned girls. I'm combination and start to get rather oily a few hours later

Best coverage and feel of and bob cream I've tried! No breakouts, and I was worried because I'm sensitive with chemical sunscreens and this is a mix. Would love a shade in between light and medium though so I hope she makes more shades, but I make light work for my mc 20-25 skin.

I really wanted to love this product. It was quite expensive (around 30 a tube) and I splashed out on two shades for my NC25 skin as I was buying in early Spring and wanted something for when my skin was lightly tanned. I bought Light and Fair.

I have to say it took a good few attempts to get the application and finish to work properly for me. Initially I was applying over my moisturiser, and I found that the end result became very caked and dry for some reason. Application and blending has to be done quickly, within a few seconds as the product seems to set and dry quite quickly, although initial application is pleasant and creamy.

I have now found that applying this bb cream works best for me straight after cleansing. It mostly feels moisturising enough but can feel a little tight at times. Overall the finish on the skin is much better and more even onto clean skin than applying over a moisturiser.

I suffer from rosacea and I also found that using this in combination with a separate moisturiser aggravated the condition. This settled down since using the bb cream alone.

Pros - Good shades, pleasant to apply if done quickly, feels moiusturising, high spf, good finish once you learn how to work with it. A great time saving, daytime product. I do feel it can replace using a moisturiser, sunblock and foundation.

Cons - expensive, need to use quite a lot to cover the skin properly as it 'dries and sets' quickly, has tendency to go dry, chalky and cakey, the overal skin finish was very disappointing, I had expected a lot more 'glow'. Can aggravate rosacea as quite a rich thick formula.

If anyone has any tips on successful application I would love to hear! I don't think I would buy again as I want to try Laura Mercier instead.

on 2/17/2015 3:45:00 AM

I got my shade matched by BA and the medium shade matches me well. Its lightweight but after a few hours my face feels a little bit oily. I think its ok for winter time but not on summer