Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

on 1/23/2014 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Fabulous product! This is everything I wanted Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser to be! And as a HUGE plus, it contains beneficial ingredients to skin e.g. antioxidants and skin-repairing ingredients. It is also fragrance and alcohol free, great for my sensitive skin.
The finish is so natural - it looks just like healthy, hydrated skin with a slight glow. I would say the coverage is light-medium but it is buildable and easy to blend. I find the lasting power amazing - it lasts until I take it off basically! Also, it does not oxidise.
I have slightly oily (combination) skin that is very breakout prone and I have had no problems from this in that respect. I study ingredients for any hint of comedogenic ingredients and there are no offenders here! I have NC25ish skin with slightly golden/yellow undertones and use "Light" - my sister who is slightly fairer with more pink undertones uses either Light or Fair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Let me start out by saying that I am very grateful to Bobbi Brown for considering the very pale and very dark women in her product offerings. I now count only three companies that are offering a BB cream in a shade darker than say, NW45 .. (Iman (horrible formula), Sleek (nice but only available online so you can't try shades) and now Bobbi.

The color payoff is excellent. I am NW50 and found that the Rich shade matched very well. I did find that it gave me a very, very slight grayish tone to my skin but that is nearly impossible to avoid on darker skin in any product with a sunscreen (And at SPF 35, this is pretty decent sun protection.)

Even without a powder, I found that the BB cream lasted a good three to four hours without blotting (I'm oily/combo but it's summer in Arizona so I'm leaning oilier.)

Ultimately, I had to throw the BB cream into the product graveyard because the silicones broke me out. After a lifetime of breakouts, I've finally figured out that my skin just doesn't like 'cones. I thought I'd give this a shot since only two were listed but seems like that's all it takes to wreak havoc on my skin.

Bottom line: If you are not sensitive to the ingredients, this is well worth a try. I did take an additional two lippies off because for $46, there is just not a lot of product in the tube.