Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.9

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had this BB cream applied at a Bobbi Brown counter as part of a lesson. I had high expectations for this BB cream but was disappointed. It blended in fine over the oily parts of my face but sat on top of the dry areas, making them look much worse and flakey (even on top of the "face base"). I had to go home and wash my face then follow up with my normal CeraVe lotion and my usual Mac Face and Body.

on 5/31/2016 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great if you have perfect skin, but little to no coverage. This is a tinted moisturizer with SPF, and if you have any blemishes at all it will do nothing to cover them. Easy to apply with fingers if you're in a rush, good for beach days, but I find myself reaching for concealer and foundation for blemished areas so why bother with this in the first place?

on 5/22/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS BB CREAM! I use quite a few Bobbi Brown products. Her powder eyeshadows, lip glosses, concealer, and blushes. I love her eyeliner pots and cream shadows but they dry out too quick for the expensive price you pay :(
BUT...if you like BB Creams, this one is IT!! It has an SPF of 35, a bit of moisture (if you have dry skin, you will need a separate moisturizer under this), enough color to give you sheer to light coverage (says light to medium, but I assure you it would take a lot of this to get medium coverage!) It has a bit of a creamy/sticky texture. Sounds awful but it's not! Has real staying power, and a MUST HAVE for summer!! I am light skinned with yellow undertones. Definitely not "fair" but I wear the color fair in this. It's not a true fair. It's more light than fair and has a good bit of yellow in it. It's a perfect match for my light olive German skin :)

on 2/22/2016 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

This is the first bb cream I have ever tried, I bought this product a couple of weeks ago and have used it almost everyday since, I got the shade natural which is a good match for my nc30 skin. (The shades medium and natural looked identical to me, when I asked the bobbi brown mua she said natural has more yellow undertones and medium more pink, as im nc I went with natural) It does gives good coverage although if you like a high coverage I wouldn't recommend (bb creams are not supposed to be full coverage anyway so I would recommend foundation if that is the look you prefer)
I always apply a moisturiser before this product as my skin is dry (you could skip this if your skin is oily)then I blend this bb cream into my skin using my real techniques stippling brush. I love how natural the product looks yet it still gives coverage and blurs imperfections, using this has completely put me off using heavy foundations even on a night out I think I'd rather just use this and add concealer wherever I need more coverage. At £29.50 it is quite expensive but you get 40ml and a little goes a long way so it will last a while, I would definately repurchase this.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overall, this is a great BB cream. I took off a lippie because of some issues with ease of application and how it lasts, but I'd still repurchase.

I have pretty fair skin with neutral undertones and I was matched to Fair by a Sephora saleslady. At first it seemed a bit orange/too dark on me, but I took the risk and once I put it on at home, it's a perfect color match. I use the Sephora Flawless Airbrush foundation brush to apply it, which gives a great airbrushed finish. As other reviewers have noted, it is pretty thick so you have to blend quickly - I've never tried applying it with my fingers and I don't think I would try it. A brush and quick strokes are the way to go with this.

I have normal skin and while this looks a bit too "dewy" right after I apply it, it sinks in within 10 minutes and I don't use a powder to set it (I don't use an additional moisturizer before either). I don't have shine issues all day long and this stuff definitely lasts all day. However, I do notice it settles into lines/pores about halfway through the day. For me, this could very well be a skincare issue as I'm just starting to get my routine into shape and am definitely lacking there. A primer would also probably help. But it's not a huge problem to me, and after a month of daily wear this hasn't broken me out at all, which is great. Coverage is light but heavier than other BBs and tinted moisturizers I've tried. It covers all uneven skintone issues - I just add a little concealer under my eyes and on a few acne scars I have.

It is expensive, but a little goes a long way and I'm willing to pay for something I wear on my skin everyday. Thumbs up!

ETA: I've switched to using my fingers to apply this and I like it a lot more. I use way less product and it doesn't settle into imperfections as much. I do use a moisturizer under it now, which makes it go on smoother. It still settles into my pores a bit too much for my liking, but I'll use it up.

on 11/1/2013 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Ok guys... I know this is $44 on Sephora.com and I got a deluxe sample from the order of Nars Guy Bourdin blush palette and let me just say this is my now HG bb cream... I usually hate that they set into my pores but I must admit this is amazing!!!

My pores don't show... My drier skin areas don't look cakey... its just amazing... its got a decent coverage for a natural look, and not too matte. This is just... fantastic.. .I've used it everyday all week because I can't bring myself to use my actual foundations...

This is silky smooth, Fair is a perfect match for me. I just can't get enough....

I hate the price... but I can't hold it in fault for that because it is just perfect... I set with my E.L.F. HD powder and I just love the finish and lasting power...

I think I may need to order this in a full size....Lemme just save up haha!!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Quick background on my skin: I am medium toned with yellowish-olive undertones, I have normal to dry skin and I am prone to have dry patches.

I have been looking around for a BB cream that accommodates to my NC42 skin tone and Bobbi Brown seems to be the only one to offer that. Other BB creams seem to make my skin ashy even if they say it's a "universal" tone. I was matched perfectly with "Medium to dark".
I was hesitant in buying this as it is AU$60!! It is a huge splurge but it is totally worth it. The cream is relatively thick but it blends perfectly into my skin, I use a Beauty Blender but my fingers work fine if I am in a rush.
It is a thick and creamy but blends into a light to medium coverage, more on the light side. I don't need much coverage but it gives me enough to cover my dark spots caused by acne and dark circles, but I still need to put concealer over it to make it look flawless. It leaves my skin so smooth and once it sets, it actually feels like your skin!
I am so happy with it even though it cost quiet a bit but it is worth it.

on 7/8/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was the first Bobbi Brown product I used and I am a bit dissatisfied, even if I used the whole tube. I bought the lightest shade, which proved to be slightly too light for my complexion. Since it offers very thick covering, my face looked covered in plaster, unless I mixed it with a darker shade foundation.

I like the coverage, but it takes some time to spread the product evenly on the face. On the whole, I prefer to use a good mosturizer and the Luminous foundation by Armany.

on 4/16/2013 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I agree with some of the previous reviewers, the color was a little too light for me, but the next one up was a little too dark, so I couldn't find a perfect match, however after an hour or two it matched my skin a little better, but still looked pretty unnatural. Not bad...just unnatural. I didn't find it particularly moisturizing, which I was hoping for due to the price, and the fact that I have pretty dry skin!
Not a terrible product, but not excellent either. Won't purchase again, but I still suggest that you try it out, cause BB creams are different for EVERYONE!

on 2/19/2013 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love how this comes in an "Extra Light" shade. I get great coverage with this, that of a foundation, without the heavy feel. I've been using this in rotation with my Tarte TM since June, and I love it. It controls my oily skin well when set with powder. There is really nothing I don't love about this. As for skin care benefits, I can't really say I've noticed a drastic difference. My skin has been much happier since I've swapped foundation for BB creams and tinted moisterizers.

This held up great all summer long and continues to wear well through the winter. Well worth the money. I will repurchase!