Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the second BB cream I ever bought. First one was from Dior and I hated it. Bobbi Brown one is much better but unfortunately, it's not for a dry skin.

Pros:
- it completely dissolved my rosacea in a week. It did something no treatment could do! My skin is not red anymore and I don't have pimples (this is the reason I gave it three stars instead of one for performance)
- shade light perfectly matches my skin, it's somehow neutral, not too pink, not too yellow (though I would need to buy darker one for summer)
- doesn't oxidize

Cons:
- sets fast, I have to do my whole face in 30 seconds otherwise I have thick layers at some place and nothing on others
- it's impossible to use any other cream product with it, they will cake (forget about concealer)
- doesn't last long, only half of the day if set with powder and you need to wipe it all out before reapplying it otherwise you'll have a patchy face
- clings to dry patches and accentuates skin texture on dry areas

The performance of this stuff is awful, but healing properties are 5++. I'll look for another BB cream but in the meantime, I will continue to use it and repurchase if I must just for the sake of not having red skin with some pimples that I get from using any foundation on the market.

P.S. Actually I have returned it. Way too cakey on my face.

on 12/28/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly? I was desperate to love this BB cream, I really was, because I'd paid so much money for it (58 dollars!). Despite older people lecturing me on shopping for expensive makeup (because for some reason 19 year olds are only allowed to use drugstore or something?) I decided to go for this BB cream because:

a) the ratings seemed pretty good on here
b) had a good amount of SPF in it, and was fragrance and oil free as far as I remember
c) I was in the market for a new base product that wasn't foundation (too heavy feeling) and wanted something lightweight and unlikely to break me out
d) there didn't seem to be a drugstore BB cream that would be good for me (NYX didn't have my shade, Loreal's and Rimmel's apparently suck, couldn't find the Maybelline ones anywhere, etc) - same for higher end brands.

So I bit the bullet and bought this. For reference, I have a medium skin tone with lots of post acne marks on my cheeks and chin, and prominent pores and blackheads on my nose. I get a few pimples here and there but I don't get as much as I used to before. Most of my problems are from acne marks. Anyway, seeing as this is a BB cream I did not have any expectations for it cover all my problem areas. I knew I would need concealer but I already had a pretty good one and just wanted something to even out my skin tone and make my skin look "better" - I don't know, maybe more luminous and dewy? Or at least smooth over my pores? Just better than what it is without makeup. Not so red, I guess. Bare in mind that my overall skin texture is actually pretty good, just very red.

To cut the crap, here are some pros and cons:

**PROS**:
- Didn't break me out
- Has really good coverage considering it's a BB cream
- Feels very lightweight on the skin
- Matches my skin tone EXACTLY (it's almost scary!)
- Easy to blend

**CONS**:
- Accentuates skin texture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was my biggest problem with it. It emphasized my pores and, believe it or not, even the bumps on my skin (zits that haven't formed a head yet). Honestly, I looked worse with this BB cream than if I had nothing on.

- Wear time is bad, and the powders I've used haven't extended it much. I'm surprised by this, as I have pretty normal skin that though is problematic and acne prone, is not excessively oily nor dry. But for the life of me, I couldn't do anything (setting spray or powder) that would make it stay long enough so that my blemishes don't show through again during the day - whenever I'd go to the bathroom on a break between lectures, they were visible again! Even the slight green tinge in my philtrum area (mustache) would show through relatively quickly!

Bear in mind I do not usually prep my skin before applying this stuff. I plan to use a moisturizer just before to see how it looks on my skin to compare, and I'll provide an update. Maybe I'll use a primer. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this product. The overall impression I get is that if you have great skin texture (i.e.: flawless skin that probably doesn't even need makeup in the first place!) then you'd like this. For 58 dollars it should've been way, way better than this. Even if it works with a primer/moisturizer/MAC fix plus, for that price it shouldn't need those things!

My advice would be to give this a pass. If you have flawless skin, you can buy something for a fraction of the price from the drugstore that would work way better than this thing. Going back to my trusty Loreal True Match. Should never have strayed!

on 12/7/2016 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I liked the way that this felt on my skin, the shade was a little yellow for me but it looked okay so I bought it. I loved that there was spf in it! However after a couple weeks I noticed that I was getting a lot of blackheads (which is unusual for me) so I stopped using it. Within a couple days they cleared up. This was the only product that I changed in my routine before or after they started, so I stopped using it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Price: On sale was cheap, but expensive on the regular (cant justify the repurchase)
Packaging: Good, sleek sturdy plastic squeeze bottle
Texture: Like a medium thickness moisturiser
Colour match: For my neutral to pink toned pale skin, close enough though still a touch dark and a smidge yellow and needs to be blended into neck
I bought this product at a factory for about $15 cheaper then the original price because as a pale person I have a hard time finding a bb cream that is even vaguely light enough. At first you might attempt to apply this with your fingers or a brush. DON'T APPLY IT LIKE THAT. It will be bad, it will sit on the skin like a weird tiny clumped mask that will look unnatural and it will oxidise and set like this. Gross looking, gross feeling. INSTEAD: Grab a beauty blender, whether it be the original or one of its many dupes and get it ready (wet it, squeeze out the water) then apply the bb cream onto the face in little dabby bits, a dot on the front of the cheek, a dot or 3 on around the edges of the face (or like 5, I have big cheeks) and dab and blend with a bouncing movement in with a medium pace, repeat on forehead, nose and neck. Tah Dah, it looks 10 times better, actually looks even natural, wont clump if you blend well, might oxidise a bit. The finished look should be a glowy but not too shiny look with light to medium coverage that's nice if you want the freckles to shine through a bit but even the skintone out.
Use concealer, this wont cover the pimples, lasts pretty well but it is a bb cream. Has spf which is a plus.
Not a HG product and perhaps not the best BB out but pretty good if you use the above technique and can deal with the price tag

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had such high hopes for this BB cream. I tried a sample and liked how it covered so I ordered a full size in my color: fair. My full size applied a little differently. I had to apply in small areas and blend quickly. And then when I was finished full face I stood back and every fine line was highlighted. i looked 10 years older. I decided to give it some time thinking it would improve with my natural oils and it did settle some but it still showed every line. This did nothing to improve the look of my skin unlike my other TMs or BBs like Laura Mercier, Nars, It, Lancome. I appreciate the SPF 35 but this is not right for my mature skin. I'm unhappy with the dull finish. The good points are that it feels like nothing on and it didn't oxidize.

on 9/24/2015 4:21:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this in Fair when I bought 2 intense pigment liners on BB's website. Those are awesome and I love them. It amazes me that a company can make something that is absolute perfection, and then. . .there's this BB cream. It is awful. First, we have the color. I am an NW15-20, and this looks very dark coming out of the tube. So I compared it to my MAC lightful tinted cream, which is in Light Plus, the third lightest shade and this was definitely darker but also very yellow, whereas the MAC tinted cream is neutral/pink. When I applied it, it looked just as dark and yellow on my skin. Definitely not Fair, that's for sure. It didn't blend, it just sat on top of my skin. Even with a damp beautyblender, which can pretty much blend anything in (or at least blend it away), nothing happened. It just moved over a little bit and caked elsewhere on my face. No oil control, no anything except it looked terrible. It also made my face itch, which kind of freaked me out so I had to wash it off after about an hour. No biggie, since it looked terrible anyway.

on 12/31/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have oily but slightly aging skin that tends to dry out on the surface when the weather is cold. i bought this to counter the flakes and bring some youthful glow to my face. So far i am loving it and use just a couple of dots all over my face.

on 7/2/2014 12:58:00 PM

I ordered the small size of this in both Fair and Medium (I am a Beige 3.0 in Bobbi Brown's other foundations) and matched to Fair. I applied it over a foundation primer and then spot applied Bobbi Brown's long wear even finish compact foundation over any dark spots. I topped it with Bobbi Brown's sheer finish loose powder.

This BB cream is just "meh" in my opinion. It was rather thick and hard to blend, even though I only used a pea-sized amount. Once it was completely blended, the coverage was fairly sheer, though not as sheer as Bobbi Brown's tinted moisturizer. It didn't completely camouflage my dark spots or redness, but most BB creams don't, so it was not a surprise that I had to use foundation over it. At first it looked good and gave me the look of healthy skin. But after a few hours, it all fell apart. I was shiny and the product started to ball up, especially on my chin and around my nose. By the end of the day, most of it had melted off my cheeks and forehead, and collected around my nose and chin. This isn't a humidity problem - I've tried it on days when it was not humid and still got the same effect.

Bobbi Brown has some amazing products, but this isn't one of them. I think the Korean BB creams vastly outperform this one. If you have very good skin and want sheer coverage, I'd say go for it. But if you have flaws to cover up, you'll need foundation over it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this, so I'll probably update if it ends up clogging my pores... I recently moved to Chicago, where this past winter was especially BRUTAL, and coupled with going off BC my normally oily skin has turned impossibly dry. I've used Bare Minerals (very light application) for a bunch of years, and between the weather, newly regularized hormones, and a 30th birthday coming up, my skin took a nosedive into bone-dry desert territory. It seems any and all powders, even applied with the lightest touch, started sinking into fine lines I didn't know I had. I looked dull, old, and sad. But I hate the feel of foundation, and I admittedly have pretty decent skin already - aside from dry flaking and one or two cysts during my period. Not so bad. Dullness is the issue here.

I tried this cream at the Bobbi Brown counter, and was SHOCKED (audibly shocked - I sort of yelped to the makeup artist) at how glow-y my face became. Instantly - my face looked like it had dropped five years. It just glided effortlessly over my slightly enlarged cheek pores and laugh lines, almost totally diminishing them. The Bobbi concealer stick (also purchased) hid a few old acne scars, and the BB cream on top just blended them away. Wearing the cream and the concealer underneath, I walked around town in 80 degree weather for a few hours and the glow just kept improving. It stayed put, with no setting powder, didn't settle into my lines or pores, and did not dry out at all. It felt like I was wearing nothing. The effect is very subtle - an idealized, blurred version of my own skin. So - pretty much perfect. It may be too soon, but I'm thinking HG material.

UPDATE - Still awesome. It hasn't broken me out in the slightest - when I was using Bare Minerals I got many, MANY more pimples. It looks fresh for about 6 hours on me, with a little nose-powdering. Fantastic product.

on 5/25/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like this product but there are cheaper options with similar results. I usually use MAC studio fix or LAncome dual finish for daily use. I wanted to try lighter foundations, so I bought Bobbi brown BB cream and Loreal True Match. I used both in different days and I liked the results but seemed to me like similar products. Then I used Bobbi Brown BB cream in half the face and True Match in the other half. I noted minimal difference initially and after 4 hours both products have almost vanished. If I have to choose, I will buy the cheapest one, L'oreal.