Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

on 7/6/2014 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first BB cream, I bought the "Light" shade at duty free in Auckland. the BB cream evens out my skintone and looks great when first applied. Then I set it with Bobbi Brown pressed powder in Pale Yellow (or whatever other pressed powder I have nearby that day). However I have combination skin, and after a few hours I find this makes my forehead and nose shiny. For me its easier to just skip the BB cream all together and wear only powder...then no shininess/oiliness problems. So I wouldn't repurchase, but I'm glad I gave it a try and I will slowly use up the tube I have.

Overall this is a good product. Most other bb/CC creams oxidize into an ugly orange color, but this color stays true. It goes on rather thick, and dries quite quickly. So make sure you blend it in ASAP. I use this with a concealer on my acne (when needed), and set it all with a powder. Keeps oil at bay for at least 2-3 hours before needing to be blotted out. Which is way better than I can say for other bb/CC creams! This product is expensive, but a little seems to go a long way.

on 3/2/2014 5:30:00 PM

In the past, I have never found a BB cream that catered to all skin tones, not even Asian BB creams and I'm Asian! (Filipino). BB creams in Asia have limited or just 1 shade and mostly too fair/light for my medium/light tanned complexion (for ref: "NC35-42" roughly in MAC, "tan deep sand" in Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in summer, "tan" in Tarte Beyond BB Perfecting Foundation, "40-50 beige" Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation). I was skeptic about Western BB creams as I heard that the coverage/consistency isn't the same as Asian BB creams. I currently use Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr Full Coverage foundation but because Tarte isn't available in the UK, I wanted to use this foundation sparingly or on special occasions (excellent product which I've also reviewed on MUA). I also wanted to look for a light coverage tinted moisturiser/BB cream. When I heard about Bobbi Brown's new BB cream I couldn't wait to get a sample of it. I was colour matched to "medium to dark" which was a good match for me. It was almost an exact match to my skin tone which is quite rare! I did notice it slightly oxidized but wasn't too bad and gave a nice light bronze/glow to my skin. I like the fact that it has a yellow undertone which is perfect for my Filipino complexion. As far as I'm aware, Bobbi Brown didn't claim this to be a long-wearing BB cream, however the longevity of this product is great on days when you want natural/light coverage and going out for 4-8 hours. I have combination (oily t-zone, normal-dry cheeks & chin) skin and this BB cream did a good job in terms of staying power between 6-8 hours on my skin. Maybe even more longer for normal and dry skin. It doesn't control shine (but all foundations never do for me anyway) and I find that I get oily on my t-zone between 1.5-2 hours with this particular BB cream. I do touch-up 1 or 2 times within a day which doesn't bother me as I only use this if I need a bit of coverage on days I want that "no makeup" makeup look. In terms of coverage it is between sheer light to light medium which is quite good. Obviously a concealer well help for acne and dark circles. The consistency of Bobbi Brown's BB cream is thick, creamy and leaves a soft matte finish and after an hour it gives a nice natural glow. I always set this with a dust of loose powder on my t-zone and a little bit on the rest of my face. I really love this product because it looks so natural and is very lightweight. I use my fingers or a damp sponge or my stippling/buffing brush (by Real Techniques) to apply this and works well either way. I do feel that I do need to moisturise my face before applying this as sometimes I do feel dry which defeats the purpose of a BB cream. However, I do want to make sure my face is fully prepped before makeup by always moisturising my face and apply a foundation/face primer on my t-zone. Overall an excellent product! I highly recommend this if you have normal, combination, oily skin. If you're willing to splurge on a good quality western BB cream then please do give this a try :) Hope this review helps!

on 2/28/2014 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this. I'd been using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and even though it's a wonderful foundation, I was bored and wanting to try something new. So there came Bobbi Brown BB cream. Firstly, the consistency is thick and drying. This is definitely a NO for dry skin. I feel like you should use a stippling brush to blend this out. In overall, the coverage it gives is decent enough, but it's quite thick and not very natural. It is also quite flat, without any luminosity or dewiness. It's probably good for TV appearances or when you need flawless coverage, but for an everyday I wouldn't recommend this. Also, I kind of suspect it is breaking me out. I've been getting acne since I started using this. This is surely a NO in my book.

I bought this last summer. Even though I have 5 or 6 different BB creams, i find that I usually reach for this the most but not sure what the reason is. It's pretty easy to apply as I can just slap it on with my fingers and provides good hydration. I do find that I have to be careful to blend it around my nose areas since it does have a tendency to streak around there. Overall, i'm kind of indifferent about this since it's really neither bad nor good and so i will not buy it again.

on 5/15/2013 3:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This BB cream is DIVINE. It has become one of my favourites in my daily makeup regimen and I tell you, it took me a lot of tries with other brands in order to choose BB creams that really suited me. It comes in more than 2 shades (as compared to other brands) so you really get the freedom to choose the right shade to suit your skin tone. It covers pretty well and doesn't cake in the middle of the day. I do notice at first that it kind of smells like Coppertone sunblock and feels a bit greasy when you first put in on but it's no problem. One bigger issue I had with it, however, is that it shouldn't be used for hot summer days since it gets really mucky once you sweat. Its staying power is also not so good. Despite its setbacks, this is a product I still love since the shade really looks good on me but it's something I suggest you should use on lighter cooler days.

on 2/11/2012 3:29:00 PM

Bobbi brown's bb cream is really nice, but really expensive for what it is! It is one of my favorite BB creams, but I have pretty good skin, and like to wear sheer makeup. I would not purchase this again because it's so expensive.

Just as a note, I have it in Fair (darkest color), and it suits my NC25-30 skintone. I dont know if it would suit skin darker than NC30-35 to be honest.
Pros: Hydrating on the skin, more colors than other bb creams. Spreads smoothly, looks very natural throughout the day. Convenient packaging.
Cons: very expensive, light coverage, not very long lasting.