Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this for the SPF coverage needing something quick and easy for the summer months. I purchased the shade "Light" and was surprised at how dark and yellow the color was. Because it's fairly light coverage, the color wasn't a huge issue, but I wasn't able to use until I reached the end of summer. (I am typically around NW15 in winter, NW20-25 in summer months)

The coverage is ok. It is light, and won't hide any blemishes if you have them, but it does a decent job of correcting the discoloration in my cheeks. (better coverage than most BB creams I have tried though) When I first started using, I was loving it. It was fast and easy, decent SPF, perfect for beach days.

If you have oily skin, pass on this. My very dry skin looks greasy at the end of the day using this. Even set with a powder, my forehead shines like crazy. (something I have never experienced before)

I paid a hefty sum for this product, and was determined to make use of it. After using for 9 more days, I looked in the mirror one evening and noticed little white bumps in all my pores! My chin was covered in easily visible white gunky bumps! (despite having a solid skincare regimen to remove all makeup each night) It was just way to oily and greasy for my parched skin!

I had visited a friend who sent me a few pics we took. (on a day I had used the BB cream) and the photos were terrible. My friend even mentioned how unflattering the photos were, blaming the lighting. Nope, it was the BB cream. It photographs really poorly. That was the day this went into the dumpster.

I was really hoping to love this, because I love the Bobbi Brown foundation stick.

Despite how thick the formula is, this BB cream is surprisingly light coverage. It lightly evens out my skin tone but does not work well to cover any major redness or scarring.

Because of its convenient squeeze tube and quick application, this BB cream is what I reach for almost daily. This is the first BB cream I have stuck to. I do not find that it breaks me out and provides good enough coverage for what I like.

I have combination skin and I would not recommend this to those with oily skin types as it does slip and slide. Also, if you have dry patches - this will cling to it (not extremely though).

on 7/27/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Light to medium coverage, somewhat thick cream that blends beautifully and covers large pores. This does not last all day since it is more of a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I like to wear this when I don't want to put on so much makeup. The plastic tube makes it great for travel.

This is not for very oily skin. Nor is it for people who need a lot of coverage.

on 4/30/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bobbi Brown is one of the top three of my favorites in make up products. I love it because it has many shade options so you can find your perfect shade especially in make up products for face.
BB cream of Bobbi Brown is one of the products which I cannot give up using! I discovered it few years ago at Hong Kong airport duty free, I was very tired, sleepy, no make up and totally messy looking!I was searching something to buy, anything to spend the Hong Kong dollars before leaving the country! And I found Bobbi Brown BB cream, one of the best coincides in my whole life! I applied it to my face with no other make up product, no eyeshadow, no mascara no blush, with only BB cream I had a healthy looking with smooth and even skin tone. It has a natural finish, long lasting, very light but coverage is great, even the skin tone and gives a great glow to the face! I have a combination skin and if there is humid outside my face gets shiny and all make up products seem caky on my face but I can use Bobbi Brown BB cream during hot summer days without applying any blushes or compact powder confidently! It has wide range of shade options so you can find your perfect shade.
I highly recommend Bobbi Brown BB cream!

on 3/28/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Bobbi Brown is a great place to look for foundations and concealers and such.. their BB cream has a lightweight feel on your face and coverage is buildible but never perfect, it's also great as an eyeshadow base. Plus I love the fact that the finish actually looks like skin.
Anyway this bb cream doesn't really have a scent, it doesn't smear off at all but you would definitely need to blot it throught the day (if you are oily) and touch up around your smile lines around the mouth and those lines around your eyes(or set). I bought it in 55$ because that is the only store where I found a BB cream in my skin colour (during the winter). I would totally recommend this to anyone who got money, but I wouldn't buy this again because it is not my color and they do not have a colour for me.

on 8/1/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The SA matched me to the shade Fair. On my NC/NW 15-20 skin this looked orange and patchy! Not cool and fair enough! But the biggest problem is that it doesn't cover my stubborn melasma and acne scars. (And not my dark eyecircles either )I suppose it has a medium coverage, but that's not enough when you have hyperpigmentations. (I prefer clinique BB Spf 30)

Beside this, it's horribly expensive for the small amount you get, and if you need something for everyday use... So unfortunately, the search goes on....

on 7/17/2015 12:49:00 AM

I got a deluxe sample size of this at sephora with my points and I used it all up until the very last drop!
This feels lightweight yet very creamy and a nice thick product (thick in a good, nourishing, high quality product way. It was not sheer or skimpy). It covers very well! My redness was camouflaged but I did need to use an under eye concealer.

I am normally a daily eldw person, but I used this when I was having a laid-back day and wanted something on my face. Think the shades are very pure, it didn't oxidize on me, and it was a very moisturizing bb cream! My favorite bb creams are this and the one by smashbox (which controls oil well with a powder over it), but I found this to be more nourishing. This is definitely better than tinted moisturizers, I think this is far more superior than the nars tinted moisturizer...which I was a huge fan of

My three complaints are that the price is high for what is essentially a glorified tinted moisturizer, the shades mostly lean peachy on my skin (still workable but I expected it to come off as neutral-yellow), and I do use a physical sunscreen under this for extra uva protection

on 6/28/2015 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i received a sample of this bobbi brown bb cream and tried it once. on me the coverage is sheer and the finish is natural matte. it has no oil control. i find that this doesnt blend easily like most foundations do and thus is not a good replacement for foundations. i think this whole bb cream and cc cream type of product is suitable for those whose skin is healing from post procedures etc and dont want to cover their skin too much but for those who dont have any problem with their skin should stick with a regular foundation as it has more of a flexibility to it (buildable coverage, different finish, greater range of shades, etc). i just dont buy into this whole bb and cc cream craze. it cannot substitute the good ol' foundation. overall this bb cream is nice and wearable but not to be worn daily as it contains oxybenzone, which is not a good chemical uv filter.

on 2/13/2015 6:00:00 PM

I bought my at Sephora for $44 before tax in shade Fair. My 17 years old daughter also like it. I have normal skin with slightly oily in t-zone. I just want to even out my skin. My daughter have normal to dry skin (acne) and it work on her too. Need concealer for problem area good light everyday product. I apply this with clean fingers after moisturizer and serum. This is BB cream it will not gives full coverage. I love this and used alone with out setting with powder will need blot in 4-5 hours of wear and apply little amount on at touch up time but less amount than when it first apply. I don't have break out with this product and I very enjoyed this:)

I have this in the shade 'Fair' and it's a nice match for my NC25/30, yellow/olive undertone skin. The texture is creamy, similar to a tinted moisturizer and offers sheer to medium coverage on me. It covers over pores well and evens out my skintone. The finish is dewy and I need to set with powder otherwise it will start to break up into an oily mess on my combination skin. One thing I noticed is that it's difficult to blend in over my sunscreen, especially noticeable near my hairline (I think that's called piling?). Overall this cream feels a little too heavy on my skin for everyday wear. I haven't noticed any improvements in my skin, but I've only used about half of the tube. I don't plan on repurchasing.