Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the second BB cream I ever bought. First one was from Dior and I hated it. Bobbi Brown one is much better but unfortunately, it's not for a dry skin.

Pros:
- it completely dissolved my rosacea in a week. It did something no treatment could do! My skin is not red anymore and I don't have pimples (this is the reason I gave it three stars instead of one for performance)
- shade light perfectly matches my skin, it's somehow neutral, not too pink, not too yellow (though I would need to buy darker one for summer)
- doesn't oxidize

Cons:
- sets fast, I have to do my whole face in 30 seconds otherwise I have thick layers at some place and nothing on others
- it's impossible to use any other cream product with it, they will cake (forget about concealer)
- doesn't last long, only half of the day if set with powder and you need to wipe it all out before reapplying it otherwise you'll have a patchy face
- clings to dry patches and accentuates skin texture on dry areas

The performance of this stuff is awful, but healing properties are 5++. I'll look for another BB cream but in the meantime, I will continue to use it and repurchase if I must just for the sake of not having red skin with some pimples that I get from using any foundation on the market.

P.S. Actually I have returned it. Way too cakey on my face.

on 2/24/2017 9:17:00 AM

This has been my regular BB cream for a while. Got it as a sample from Sephora and just sort of adopted it when my Stila foundation ran out. It's pricey, but I like the packaging...the tube is just the best for foundation. It's soft and you can take scissors to...so you can get every bit out. Coverage is pretty good as long as you pat it on and the SPF is great! Primer goes under, then concealer, two types of powder to set and all-nighter spray to finish. Keeps my skin from drying out, doesn't break me out, and manages to not melt off in the North Texas heat...though I'm sure all the other crap on top of the BB cream helps!

on 6/2/2016 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the bb cream that started it all. Used to be my favorite cause I did not break out from it. Even out my skin tone . Make it look like I got great skin . The tube last forever. But I won't repurchase because I found something better

on 4/30/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bobbi Brown is one of the top three of my favorites in make up products. I love it because it has many shade options so you can find your perfect shade especially in make up products for face.
BB cream of Bobbi Brown is one of the products which I cannot give up using! I discovered it few years ago at Hong Kong airport duty free, I was very tired, sleepy, no make up and totally messy looking!I was searching something to buy, anything to spend the Hong Kong dollars before leaving the country! And I found Bobbi Brown BB cream, one of the best coincides in my whole life! I applied it to my face with no other make up product, no eyeshadow, no mascara no blush, with only BB cream I had a healthy looking with smooth and even skin tone. It has a natural finish, long lasting, very light but coverage is great, even the skin tone and gives a great glow to the face! I have a combination skin and if there is humid outside my face gets shiny and all make up products seem caky on my face but I can use Bobbi Brown BB cream during hot summer days without applying any blushes or compact powder confidently! It has wide range of shade options so you can find your perfect shade.
I highly recommend Bobbi Brown BB cream!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had such high hopes for this BB cream. I tried a sample and liked how it covered so I ordered a full size in my color: fair. My full size applied a little differently. I had to apply in small areas and blend quickly. And then when I was finished full face I stood back and every fine line was highlighted. i looked 10 years older. I decided to give it some time thinking it would improve with my natural oils and it did settle some but it still showed every line. This did nothing to improve the look of my skin unlike my other TMs or BBs like Laura Mercier, Nars, It, Lancome. I appreciate the SPF 35 but this is not right for my mature skin. I'm unhappy with the dull finish. The good points are that it feels like nothing on and it didn't oxidize.

on 6/28/2015 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i received a sample of this bobbi brown bb cream and tried it once. on me the coverage is sheer and the finish is natural matte. it has no oil control. i find that this doesnt blend easily like most foundations do and thus is not a good replacement for foundations. i think this whole bb cream and cc cream type of product is suitable for those whose skin is healing from post procedures etc and dont want to cover their skin too much but for those who dont have any problem with their skin should stick with a regular foundation as it has more of a flexibility to it (buildable coverage, different finish, greater range of shades, etc). i just dont buy into this whole bb and cc cream craze. it cannot substitute the good ol' foundation. overall this bb cream is nice and wearable but not to be worn daily as it contains oxybenzone, which is not a good chemical uv filter.

At first I really loved this product. Great smell, great match with my skin and so moisturizing! but then, it broke me out SO BADLY! It been 4 months since I stopped using this bb cream and still couldn't clear my skin. I'm so disappointed. :(

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

In the summer of 2012, BB Creams were just becoming really big in the United States, and being the makeup junkie that I am, I bought into the hype right away. At the time, I was starting Accutane and had acne that was out-of-control and skin that was constantly red and painful. I knew that no foundation would cover up all the problems I was having, so I gave up on makeup for a while. I was looking for a simple product that would even my skin tone out a little, diminish redness, and not irritate my already upset complexion. I decided that BB Creams were my calling. I did a lot of research and tried a lot of products before settling on Bobbi Brown's version.

So began the most passionate love story of my life: mon amour, my love, my first everything, my first tube of Bobbi Brown BB.

Ever since, there has not been ONE DAY I haven't worn this, unless I had the flu or for some other reason didn't leave my house, wash my face, or take a shower at all that day (read: gave up on life). It is practically a part of who I am at this point. I have sent a letter to Bobbi Brown begging them to never discontinue this because I don't know what I would do without it. I've bought at least seven or eight tubes by now and I'll continue to buy it until it's no longer available. I have honestly no desire to try any other foundation products. "Holy Grail" doesn't come close to describing my relationship with this product. It is more like my soul mate. If it were a human, we would make sweet love together every night, laugh at all the same things, go out dancing to salsa music, and be so cute that all our friends hated us.

It took a little bit of getting used to, but so does any product. I'll admit that my application method is fairly unorthodox and would not work for most people, but it is a match made in heaven for my post-accutane, Sahara desert dry skin. I speculate that this would also work for people using topical retinoids.
To prep my skin for the BB cream, I oil cleanse with castor oil before applying CeraVe AM lotion mixed with a salicylic acid moisturizer of my choice, to exfoliate flakes. I don't wash off the castor oil before applying my moisturizers -- that's the trick to making my pores look tiny and the surface of my skin look smooth. The combination of the slightly slick texture of the CeraVe AM over the castor oil base is a perfect canvas for my BB Cream. The oil soaks into my face during the day and melds with the BB Cream to become one beautiful and natural-looking case of complexion perfection.

I always use another SPF underneath this even though it has pretty good sun protection, but only because I'm really anal about never having wrinkles and keeping my skin protected against hyperpigmentation. I'm sure for most people the SPF in this is good enough by itself. I'd also be willing to speculate that those of you with oilier skin types may not even need any other moisturizer underneath this, depending on the climate you live in. In my experience it is great at controlling oil because I slather a bunch of it on my face in the morning and by evening, I look "dewy." I only do this because if I didn't slather a bunch of oil on my face in the morning, by evening my skin would be crusty, red, and chapped, but I have an abnormal level of dryness caused by harsh acne meds, so YMMV.

What I possibly love most about this product is the color. I wear the Extra Light shade, and it's one of the only BB Creams I've tried that isn't sickeningly PINK. I'm VERY fair-skinned, and VERY yellow-toned. MAC's NC10 is way too pinky-orange for me. It's hard to find foundations light enough for my skin that are either neutral or yellow enough. Bobbi Brown BB Cream is WONDERFULLY YELLOW. Cool-toned girls, don't fret -- my NW15 sister also loves the Extra Light shade because the yellowness has a neutralizing effect on her warmer skin. Everyone wins.
One thing I've noticed along the way is that when I first open the tube, the product is very yellow, but by the time I'm finishing up the last bits of product, it turns to more of a neutral shade, which is fine, but I think the cream oxidizes a bit in the tube as you use it. Not a deal breaker by any means, but something to note.

I use about one tube every three months, but I am a very heavy user and sometimes apply multiple layers of this per day. In terms of brushes, I've found the best application method is using the Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush (or one similar) and a stippling method, but I use a BeautyBlender. It is extremely buildable. One layer is light-medium coverage, two is medium-full. If you want to apply two layers it's best to wait a long time in between. For example, if I know I'm going out that night, I'll apply one layer, go about my day, then apply a second layer when I start doing my "night look" makeup. It does not look cakey when you do this. I can attest to that. It actually looks better than applying one layer of a full-coverage foundation because with two sheer coats, the nuances of your skin can still be seen, but they're so blurred out that you look basically perfect.
I find that I look most beautiful when I apply this, take a nap, and then apply a second layer about an hour later. (Why? I don't know. It's just one of those weird things you pick up on after religiously using a product every single day for a long period of time)

Bobbi Brown BB Cream is super long-lasting, but the great thing about it is that when it does start to wear off, it just looks like you're not wearing any makeup. I can sleep in this and it doesn't irritate my skin. In fact, my skin is more reactive if I don't wear it for a day. I think it does have positive, balancing effect on my skin.

In a sentence: this is the HG foundation product for me and my skin. YMMV, but it's a wonderful BB Cream I'd recommend to anyone.

on 9/15/2013 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh. Not sure why I just don't love this. I've got really sensitive skin and this doesn't make me react or breakout. I like the texture when I'm applying it, it's pleasant to use and doesn't feel too silicone-y, it's a pleasant product to apply (no detectable fragrance). The colour is spot-on, I wear in Medium and it blends a dream.

The down? I can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't make my skin look nice. It looks even but seems to almost highlight pores and just look kind of ashy. Makes me look tired and you can definitely see I'm wearing makeup. Disappointing. I definitely won't wear again, but will keep on reserve if I need to wear a foundation and I'm having a reactive phase. I think I prefer Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light (yeah yeah the BB is meant to have skin improving benefits but I think that's a load of tosh anyway!).

on 7/8/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was the first Bobbi Brown product I used and I am a bit dissatisfied, even if I used the whole tube. I bought the lightest shade, which proved to be slightly too light for my complexion. Since it offers very thick covering, my face looked covered in plaster, unless I mixed it with a darker shade foundation.

I like the coverage, but it takes some time to spread the product evenly on the face. On the whole, I prefer to use a good mosturizer and the Luminous foundation by Armany.