Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.9

on 5/22/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS BB CREAM! I use quite a few Bobbi Brown products. Her powder eyeshadows, lip glosses, concealer, and blushes. I love her eyeliner pots and cream shadows but they dry out too quick for the expensive price you pay :(
BUT...if you like BB Creams, this one is IT!! It has an SPF of 35, a bit of moisture (if you have dry skin, you will need a separate moisturizer under this), enough color to give you sheer to light coverage (says light to medium, but I assure you it would take a lot of this to get medium coverage!) It has a bit of a creamy/sticky texture. Sounds awful but it's not! Has real staying power, and a MUST HAVE for summer!! I am light skinned with yellow undertones. Definitely not "fair" but I wear the color fair in this. It's not a true fair. It's more light than fair and has a good bit of yellow in it. It's a perfect match for my light olive German skin :)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Light coverage, light weight, even skin tone, long lasting wear, blends well with other make up and is great for oily skin. I find the price suitable given the brand name and quite frankly, the price is worth the great product that you get, in return. As for the packaging, believe it or not, but you can squeeze every last drop out of the tube.

on 12/31/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have oily but slightly aging skin that tends to dry out on the surface when the weather is cold. i bought this to counter the flakes and bring some youthful glow to my face. So far i am loving it and use just a couple of dots all over my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay, so first things first (I'm the realest, kidding) I'm not really fond of Bobbi Brown products, I think all her items are "meh". From concealers to eyeshadows to foundations. I thought I'd give this I try so I did, when I first applied applied it - it felt weird and it has that sunblock feel to it. So I was rubbing it like crazy on nose, and I only used like a pea sized amount. When I was done applying it, after a minute or so I feel like my skin was suffocating and really oily + sticky. My skin was begging me to remove it. It does a good job at covering redness and lightening scars but my skin did not like it. After an hour my skin went from sticky to a complete oil slick. Yuck. AND ITS EXPENSIVE SO I WOULD NOT REPURCHASE THIS. I do prefer the Chanel Les Beige all in one healthy glow fluide. It's light and blends like a dream. Although I am oily, and the product is meant for dry to normal(?) it manages my oil pretty well. So yeah. This thing sucks

on 7/1/2014 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product. In my sixties with roseacea. I like the color choices in this formula. I Use Extra Light shade. Like this for everyday. I think of it is as MyFaceButBetter. Covers my redness sufficiently for most days. Since I am retired, I do minimal makeup everyday. This is great for this purpose. Only issue I have is that my oily nose breaks through. I just use the MUFE HD Powder to deal with this. You do not need a lot of product. Coverage is slightly build able. I find that it lasts pretty much all day on my face. I do have to blot my nose.

on 4/9/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this BB cream. It is excellent for everyday wear - not too heavy however manages to even out my skin tone and create a natural look. Being a BB cream, obviously it doesn't cover all my blemishes, however I just use a bit of concealer and finish with some powder. This BB cream lasts all day and I only have to blot about once or twice.
The only downfall I can mention is the price - $60 for a tiny tube. I would repurchase however as it is the best I am yet to find.

on 2/28/2014 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this. I'd been using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and even though it's a wonderful foundation, I was bored and wanting to try something new. So there came Bobbi Brown BB cream. Firstly, the consistency is thick and drying. This is definitely a NO for dry skin. I feel like you should use a stippling brush to blend this out. In overall, the coverage it gives is decent enough, but it's quite thick and not very natural. It is also quite flat, without any luminosity or dewiness. It's probably good for TV appearances or when you need flawless coverage, but for an everyday I wouldn't recommend this. Also, I kind of suspect it is breaking me out. I've been getting acne since I started using this. This is surely a NO in my book.

on 2/15/2014 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this BB cream. When buying I was slightly concerned as I have oily skin and was worried about shine. However this topped off with my mac mineralize skinfinish natural looks great! Coverage is good, obviously not a full as a foundation but enough for days you don't want a full face of make up. Sometimes I may have to top up a bit of powder if oily but would recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Short and Sweet: The price is high, the packaging is average, but I do like this bb cream. It's lightweight, offers a somewhat decent amount of coverage, didn't break me out and feels nice.
The Nitty Gritty. Bobbi Brown's bb cream is just a bit too thin to be considered a real bb cream like those is Asia. But other than that I really do like it. It doesn't feel heavy when I put it on and it does offer a bit of coverage for very light scars and uneven skin tone.
And it says that it has a whole bunch of ingredients in it that are supposed to improve your skin and whatnot, but I've been using this for a few months now and so far I haven't seen any improvement whatsoever. But I do like the amount of SPF in it.
I got this bb cream as a gift and I'm glad because it's actually really expensive. And while I do like this bb cream quite a lot, I'm not sure I can establish any logical reasons for spending so much money on it when I can use that money to buy something better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this now, but I didn't love it at first. In fact, it was in my "probably going to return" box until I figured I'd try it again. I really wanted to love it -- spf 35, oil control, good color match. Turns out I was applying it all wrong (for me, anyway). I was using the foundation brush, then my fingers, and neither quite gave me the finish I was looking for. Then I tried a slightly damp makeup sponge, and, it turned out to be just right.

So, grab one of those round makeup sponges you get at the drugstore, run some water over it, squeeze it out -- it just needs to be a bit damp, not wet. I squirt a little drop of the BB Cream onto the sponge, dot it on my cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose (in that order, so my cheeks get the majority of the product), and then lightly swirl it into my skin. If I need more coverage, I add a little more and swirl again. It just disappears, as does the ever-present redness in my skin. And then I set it with a teensy poof of MUFE HD Microfinish Powder, because I love the stuff.

As for shades, well, I'm a PPP with light chestnut hair and green eyes, generally NC15, and the Extra Light works well with my fair skin. In Bobbi terms, I'm not Alabaster, and I'm slightly darker than Porcelain (and I do mean just slightly -- Warm Ivory and Sand are way too dark for me). In Bobbi's Skin foundation, I wear Porcelain, just because my neck is lighter than my face. So, Extra Light is my color in the BB Cream. I'm surprised Bobbi Brown hasn't added an Alabaster, though. I think Extra Light, the lightest option offered, would be too dark for the truly palest among us.

As for coverage, well, I don't have scars or acne to cover up, just redness and sun damage. I wish I had worn spf 30+ every day of my childhood and teen years. It's surprising what kind of wicked splotches show up when you hit 40. The BB Cream hides those really well without making me look like I'm wearing a mask. My sweet co-worker, who's an esthetician in her spare time, says it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all -- that my skin just looks smooth and even. I like that review!

This tube has lasted me about 8 months, used two or three times a week, and there's about a quarter-tube left. I alternate wearing BB Cream and Bobbi Brown's Skin foundation, just depending on my mood. If I had to choose one or the other, I'd choose the BB Cream. And I'll buy it again when this tube runs out ... along with more makeup sponges!