Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

on 12/7/2016 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I liked the way that this felt on my skin, the shade was a little yellow for me but it looked okay so I bought it. I loved that there was spf in it! However after a couple weeks I noticed that I was getting a lot of blackheads (which is unusual for me) so I stopped using it. Within a couple days they cleared up. This was the only product that I changed in my routine before or after they started, so I stopped using it.

I read a lot of reviews & watched review videos about this bb cream, & I wanted to like it but I don't. I have fair skin, I bought the lightest shade, & I am distinctly... Yellow. Not flattering.
It is medium coverage like they say, but it for some reason didn't really cover any redness at all.
This would be good for someone who doesn't have many spots or much redness to cover. It feels nice on my skin, doesn't feel like it would make my oily skin any more oily. I just wish it helped with the redness.

on 8/1/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The SA matched me to the shade Fair. On my NC/NW 15-20 skin this looked orange and patchy! Not cool and fair enough! But the biggest problem is that it doesn't cover my stubborn melasma and acne scars. (And not my dark eyecircles either )I suppose it has a medium coverage, but that's not enough when you have hyperpigmentations. (I prefer clinique BB Spf 30)

Beside this, it's horribly expensive for the small amount you get, and if you need something for everyday use... So unfortunately, the search goes on....

Overall this is a good product. Most other bb/CC creams oxidize into an ugly orange color, but this color stays true. It goes on rather thick, and dries quite quickly. So make sure you blend it in ASAP. I use this with a concealer on my acne (when needed), and set it all with a powder. Keeps oil at bay for at least 2-3 hours before needing to be blotted out. Which is way better than I can say for other bb/CC creams! This product is expensive, but a little seems to go a long way.

I was never interested in BB or CC creams because I was always looking for more coverage until I got this little sample of heaven with my Sephora order. It is amazing! The color "fair" fit my skin tone perfectly and I didn't need anything over it if I was going for a "no-make" look because it did a good job at covering my post acne marks and scars. When you first put it on, it does have a shine but give a few minutes to settle and dry and you will have a nice even and soft skin. And it has 35 SPF! I gave 3 lips for price because its pretty expensive but oh so worth it.

Check out the this listing site xpresspage.com that's on the rise, just take a look and you'll see why! Xpresspage, XP

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this, so I'll probably update if it ends up clogging my pores... I recently moved to Chicago, where this past winter was especially BRUTAL, and coupled with going off BC my normally oily skin has turned impossibly dry. I've used Bare Minerals (very light application) for a bunch of years, and between the weather, newly regularized hormones, and a 30th birthday coming up, my skin took a nosedive into bone-dry desert territory. It seems any and all powders, even applied with the lightest touch, started sinking into fine lines I didn't know I had. I looked dull, old, and sad. But I hate the feel of foundation, and I admittedly have pretty decent skin already - aside from dry flaking and one or two cysts during my period. Not so bad. Dullness is the issue here.

I tried this cream at the Bobbi Brown counter, and was SHOCKED (audibly shocked - I sort of yelped to the makeup artist) at how glow-y my face became. Instantly - my face looked like it had dropped five years. It just glided effortlessly over my slightly enlarged cheek pores and laugh lines, almost totally diminishing them. The Bobbi concealer stick (also purchased) hid a few old acne scars, and the BB cream on top just blended them away. Wearing the cream and the concealer underneath, I walked around town in 80 degree weather for a few hours and the glow just kept improving. It stayed put, with no setting powder, didn't settle into my lines or pores, and did not dry out at all. It felt like I was wearing nothing. The effect is very subtle - an idealized, blurred version of my own skin. So - pretty much perfect. It may be too soon, but I'm thinking HG material.

UPDATE - Still awesome. It hasn't broken me out in the slightest - when I was using Bare Minerals I got many, MANY more pimples. It looks fresh for about 6 hours on me, with a little nose-powdering. Fantastic product.

on 5/10/2014 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this. Good coverage and high SPF. Great color (I use the fairest shade). Not as thick or covering as some of the thickest BB creams--I am thinking of Dr. Jart and Boscia, but color match is a little better. I have deluxe samples of these thicker ones and use them when I am in the mood, and currently I am using Smashbox because I bought it in a JCP sephora where Bobbi Brown was not available and I needed one. Smashbox has about the same consistency as the Bobbi Brown, but lower SPF and the color/coverage of the Bobbi Brown is superior. Bobbi Brown BB is my favorite of all the ones I have tried.

on 4/29/2014 2:07:00 PM

Definitely worth buying...
I bought this on a flight to use up my pounds so I was quite curious to see how this product worked for me... I bought medium which is pretty much a perfect match for my skin - I thought I was very fair and the lighter colour would suit me. The consistency is good, nothing to complain about. Feels a bit thick before applied but evens out and leaves a light, dewy finish on the skin. No it doesn't give good coverage but I didn't expect that from a bb cream.. A bit of concealer on my redness sorts out that issue. Since buying this has become my everyday product and since I live in a very warm climate i am very impressed at the fact that it lasts for hours.. Doesn't slide off the skin.

on 1/8/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Started wearing this bb cream recently, started on days off where I didn't mind going a bit more natural coverage and even braved wearing it into work a few times (usually wear medium cover due to my cystic acne breakouts on cheekbones). I used mac studio finish to cover any blemishes, which in my case are quite red, so I use it first then build up the bb cream on top. I have used a flat brush to apply it and also have used my fingers, I've read a few reviews on people saying how it doesn't spread/blend easily and I can understand what they mean but I have sort of worked out that if you're using a brush, spread it evenly and then using warm fingers tap the product in or even use a make up sponge to blend it evenly and this can eliminate the look of visible pores. I think the coverage it gives is really good, obviously it will never give medium-full cover on its own, it's only a bb cream after all! I am quite oily so find I have to use a little powder sometimes to set lightly but it IS oil free and so when my skin is slightly dryer I do use a little moisturiser before hand so that my skin doesn't look dry! Great wee product, price slightly high but a little goes a long way due to its consistency so you do get your money's worth! Def recommend for someone who's looking a nice lighter cover foundation

on 12/28/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this BB Cream in the shade 'Extra Light', which I thought would match my usual Bobbi Brown shade which is 'Alabaster'. I'd say the shade Extra Light is more like 'Porcelain' the shade higher. This will still work for an alabaster skin tone though.

My usual BB Cream is one from Korean brand 'Missha' in the colour #13. For a 'Western' BB Cream Bobbi Brown is decent. The packaging is great, a small thin black tube in Bobbi Brown's classically minimalist style, which I love.

Overall, this is a good BB Cream and probably the best Western BB Cream I have experienced. Plus it is SPF 35+ which is great news. I'd probably sample this cream first, as the shades seem to run darker than what you would expect. I would not repurchase this product for now, as I prefer the coverage and benefits from Korean BB creams, they are also cheaper and better on all levels.