Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

on 12/28/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly? I was desperate to love this BB cream, I really was, because I'd paid so much money for it (58 dollars!). Despite older people lecturing me on shopping for expensive makeup (because for some reason 19 year olds are only allowed to use drugstore or something?) I decided to go for this BB cream because:

a) the ratings seemed pretty good on here
b) had a good amount of SPF in it, and was fragrance and oil free as far as I remember
c) I was in the market for a new base product that wasn't foundation (too heavy feeling) and wanted something lightweight and unlikely to break me out
d) there didn't seem to be a drugstore BB cream that would be good for me (NYX didn't have my shade, Loreal's and Rimmel's apparently suck, couldn't find the Maybelline ones anywhere, etc) - same for higher end brands.

So I bit the bullet and bought this. For reference, I have a medium skin tone with lots of post acne marks on my cheeks and chin, and prominent pores and blackheads on my nose. I get a few pimples here and there but I don't get as much as I used to before. Most of my problems are from acne marks. Anyway, seeing as this is a BB cream I did not have any expectations for it cover all my problem areas. I knew I would need concealer but I already had a pretty good one and just wanted something to even out my skin tone and make my skin look "better" - I don't know, maybe more luminous and dewy? Or at least smooth over my pores? Just better than what it is without makeup. Not so red, I guess. Bare in mind that my overall skin texture is actually pretty good, just very red.

To cut the crap, here are some pros and cons:

**PROS**:
- Didn't break me out
- Has really good coverage considering it's a BB cream
- Feels very lightweight on the skin
- Matches my skin tone EXACTLY (it's almost scary!)
- Easy to blend

**CONS**:
- Accentuates skin texture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was my biggest problem with it. It emphasized my pores and, believe it or not, even the bumps on my skin (zits that haven't formed a head yet). Honestly, I looked worse with this BB cream than if I had nothing on.

- Wear time is bad, and the powders I've used haven't extended it much. I'm surprised by this, as I have pretty normal skin that though is problematic and acne prone, is not excessively oily nor dry. But for the life of me, I couldn't do anything (setting spray or powder) that would make it stay long enough so that my blemishes don't show through again during the day - whenever I'd go to the bathroom on a break between lectures, they were visible again! Even the slight green tinge in my philtrum area (mustache) would show through relatively quickly!

Bear in mind I do not usually prep my skin before applying this stuff. I plan to use a moisturizer just before to see how it looks on my skin to compare, and I'll provide an update. Maybe I'll use a primer. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this product. The overall impression I get is that if you have great skin texture (i.e.: flawless skin that probably doesn't even need makeup in the first place!) then you'd like this. For 58 dollars it should've been way, way better than this. Even if it works with a primer/moisturizer/MAC fix plus, for that price it shouldn't need those things!

My advice would be to give this a pass. If you have flawless skin, you can buy something for a fraction of the price from the drugstore that would work way better than this thing. Going back to my trusty Loreal True Match. Should never have strayed!

on 7/27/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Light to medium coverage, somewhat thick cream that blends beautifully and covers large pores. This does not last all day since it is more of a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I like to wear this when I don't want to put on so much makeup. The plastic tube makes it great for travel.

This is not for very oily skin. Nor is it for people who need a lot of coverage.

on 5/25/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like this product but there are cheaper options with similar results. I usually use MAC studio fix or LAncome dual finish for daily use. I wanted to try lighter foundations, so I bought Bobbi brown BB cream and Loreal True Match. I used both in different days and I liked the results but seemed to me like similar products. Then I used Bobbi Brown BB cream in half the face and True Match in the other half. I noted minimal difference initially and after 4 hours both products have almost vanished. If I have to choose, I will buy the cheapest one, L'oreal.

I have been using this stuff for about a week now, and I am in love. This BB cream has such beautiful coverage. It feels pretty thick when you apply it but turns weightless once blended with the fingers. It lasts ALL day. I don't even powder this stuff and it lasts from 7am to 10pm. Crazy. The shade extra light is a perfect match for me, and I can't wait to use this in the summer. If you don't have perfect skin don't rule this out because its not full full coverage. Use a heavy coverage concealer, like the Mac Pro Longwear for under the eyes, sport conceal any blemishes and you will be good. This gives a medium coverage in my opinion but I love how natural it looks. I don't have one bad thing to say. GREAT!

Don't like this much- has a flat finish and a bit chalky on my normal-slightly dry skin.

I do a lot of walking outdoors so always use a high SPF ( 25+) under foundation. I thought this product would be great for summer- no need for foundation, separate sun block- just use this and out the door fast!

Pros
-Can't think of any except it works like a tinted moisturiser.

Cons
-Colour range limited - extra light is darker than Porcelain in foundation, but okay once blended.
-Texture - I still need to use a moisturiser under this or it drags my skin on application.
-Coverage- hardly any. May as well use tinted moisturiser. Layering makes it streaky because it dries quickly. Has no 'glow'.
-Doesn't last- has to be re-applied after a few hours.

I won't buy again and wish I'd gone for the tinted moisturiser which has SPF 25 and seems much more dewy.

on 7/22/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE Bobbi Brown's BB cream. The Bobbi Brown specialist did inform me that this product is for normal to oily skin, which was perfect. I I definitely have oily skin and uneven skin texture. One of the claims of this product is that it helps to minimize pore appearance with the application and it did just that. My skin looked smooth and even. She also mentioned that, although it is a moisturizer and foundation in one, I should always moisturize my face before any type of coverage. It's a wonderful product.

on 7/21/2013 6:40:00 PM

waaaay too chalky and thick. I have it in Medium, I am Fair to Medium and this was a good match for the summer as I tend to pick-up color easily.

It also settles into my skin making it look too much like a mask.

I live in a dry climate and have normal to dry skin. I found I had to use a moisturizer under this, so it's not the all -in-one product I hoped for.

Don't like...and even though I can buy it with a discount I would not repurchase.

I prefer Mercier's tinted moisturizer.

on 6/28/2013 8:00:00 AM

i am a faithful client to bobbi brown and i had high expectations from this product.. i was so excited that i could combine nice coverage(for a bb cream), yellow undertoned product and high SPF that i bought this immediately! BUT.....after the first application i was more than disappointed.. although the cream does spread quite easily, after LESS than 1 hour it starts to melt on my skin and create COLOURLESS SPOTS all over my face!! if set it with powder the "effect" is even more disastrous...!!! my skin is not oily, neither the humidity of the place that i live is high..so i cannot explain this. i send an e-mail to the company 2 weeks ago and nobody replied....that's another little disappointment towards bobbi brown cosmetics..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Laura Mercier TM for 2 years now and I seriously thought that I was going to keep on repurchasing it forever. That was until a friend turned me onto this BB cream. I tried both the Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer and this BB cream and the only difference I can see is that the tm is much lighter in coverage. I love this bb cream for how it feels so lightweight on my skin, the high spf, and the color matches perfectly (I use NC30 and I bought this in Fair). The pricing for laura mercier and this bb cream is approximately the same, however since I get 50% off bobbi brown, it's an even more win win for me lol.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I did a lot of research before buying this product. I thought it would suit my skin well, so I bought it in Medium. I had a prefect color match and my skin looked flawless. Lots of people complimented me with my skin, thinking I wasn't wearing anything... Why 3 lippies you ask? Well, I think this product caused break-outs on my face. After a few weeks use I started to develop clogged pores on my face and trust me, I haven't had those in years. I have normal skin with hardly any comedones, until I started using this product, and the BB-cream was the only change in my skincare routine. It has been a few month since my last use and my skin finally starts to clear up, thank God... So I loved how it looked on my skin, but I'm not going to buy this product again.... Maybe I'll use the BB-cream for special occasions for I have lots of product left, but not every day like I used to.