Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.3

on 2/22/2016 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

This is the first bb cream I have ever tried, I bought this product a couple of weeks ago and have used it almost everyday since, I got the shade natural which is a good match for my nc30 skin. (The shades medium and natural looked identical to me, when I asked the bobbi brown mua she said natural has more yellow undertones and medium more pink, as im nc I went with natural) It does gives good coverage although if you like a high coverage I wouldn't recommend (bb creams are not supposed to be full coverage anyway so I would recommend foundation if that is the look you prefer)
I always apply a moisturiser before this product as my skin is dry (you could skip this if your skin is oily)then I blend this bb cream into my skin using my real techniques stippling brush. I love how natural the product looks yet it still gives coverage and blurs imperfections, using this has completely put me off using heavy foundations even on a night out I think I'd rather just use this and add concealer wherever I need more coverage. At £29.50 it is quite expensive but you get 40ml and a little goes a long way so it will last a while, I would definately repurchase this.

I have purchased this BB cream during the summer time, when I was looking for a lightweight base and a comfortable wear. I have a dry skin, so got the tube of this BB cream in hopes to have a hassle free make-up product on the go.

This is a very comfortable product to wear, it doesn't make you feel dry and gives your skin that lovely light coverage. You do need a concealer in case you want to cover any redness or dark spots - this BB cream alone is not enough.

I also find that it is a difficult one to build, it does move around quite a bit when you attempt to layer it. Other than that this is a nice product to try, but it is not the best one on the market. Plus 46 USD is a bit too much for what you get.

You can find more thoughts on this product in the blog review below. Perhaps it helps some of you guys!

on 3/12/2014 12:06:00 AM

I bought this a while ago, maybe about 2 years ago just as I was getting into the whole idea of BB creams. I had the Missha one which was my holy grail for a while before it ran out and I didn't have access to it anymore to buy.

I bought this on my last day in Hong Kong, and using up my dollars before leaving. I bought the Light shade, which is pretty good match for my skin, I'd say around NC20-25/GA LSF 4.

When applied I found that the texture of this was really shiny and oily on my skin and I really don't like it. I was about the give up on it the first time I applied this, but when I put on my powder it set wonderfully for some reason. It looked so natural with the powder, something I had never experienced before. I know I have raved about natural looking make up but this was a whole other level, there would always be a line where there a face can look a little bit matte or too something that makes it look like there is foundation on the skin, but this one didn't have any of those. For the first time I felt like this looked like skin on me.

My only grip with this is that it doesn't last on me. I don't have the oiliest skin type to make it melt off of me, but for some reason this just does not stay on me. So for that I will enjoy it while it lasts but for now, I won't be repurchasing this. Its a shame though because I do like it, but I can't wear it on days where I am out the house for more than 6 hours, which is practically never. I'm not the kind that can apply a new face of make up halfway through the day, I need my make up to last me from morning to evening with minimal problems

on 2/22/2014 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used this all summer holidays in "light". I was lucky to have five weeks off (woo hoo) with the kids. I definitely didn't want to use foundation so started using this. I am a foundation junkie but unfortunately many will cause breakouts over time What I loved about this BB cream is that over summer people were commented on how good my skin looked!
I didn't break out at all even though this is prime pimple time. It gives very slight colour but enough to look "healthy". It protected against harsh Sydney sun (unless swimming). This is one of those stealth products that you don't look immediately in the mirror and go wow (eg GA Lum Silk) but is a great every-dayer.
After cleansing, toning and serum I use this. It gives me enough moisture though I can have dry/combo skin. For any trouble area (under eyes) I just use concealer.
I use it for the gym too. LOVE!
About me:
Age 41, combo skin sensitive to dimethicone (can break me out but not always)
Mac Prolongwear NW20 summer NW15 winter maybe mix of two
Mac Face and Body N1 (with maybe some white mixer) in winter N2 maybe mixed with N1 summer
Nars Mont Blanc Winter Summer Deuville
Estee Lauder Double wear (normal and cushion) winter 1C1 cool bone and summer 1N2 ecru
Bourjois Serum 51 winter 52 summer

on 1/8/2014 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Awful. This had minimal coverage, colour is very yellow based, and worst of all...it broke me out. I have combination skin type, and I have never broken out from traditional BB creams. Absolutely hated this.

on 12/29/2013 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Not for dry skin. As a big fan of Bobbi Brown products, I badly wanted to love this but it just doesn't work for dry skin -- well, maybe if you were planning on using a moisturizer underneath but I feel that defeats the purpose.

Immediately after applying the skin on my face felt tight and it only got worse as the day wore on. It also lacks any kind of "slip" so it's hard to apply evenly.

I can only see this product working well for oily skin.

on 11/14/2013 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Sometimes I like this product even more than my foundation. I'm hard to please with foundation, still looking for my HG in a bottle, tube or compact, but I like the coverage and feel of this BB cream. I tend to be pink so I like BB's yellow undertones. I bought "Light" in the summer and now as winter approaches it seems to be a shade too dark. My skin is mature but combination, cheeks are dry, nose, forehead and chin are still a little oily, but it doesn't seem to get too oily even at the end of the day. This is my first ever BB cream and I like it.

I like this BB cream, but my skin has to be well moisturized to use it. This is not meant for people with dry skin, so I can't use this during the winter.

I'm Asian and I've tried Asian BB creams, but the Bobbi Brown one is still my favorite even though it takes a bit more work. Although my Skin79 Super+ VIP Gold BB Cream is good, I don't like the color. They're supposed to adjust to your skin tone, but I don't think it's as good a color match as the Bobbi Brown one which has more yellow in it.

Light application and moisturized skin is key in making this BB cream work. It's very portable because it's in a plastic tube. I hate heavy or bulky packaging. Even though I love the Skin Foundation, I have trouble carrying that around, so I end up using this most days.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If I need to even our my skin tone, this is my go to.

It's prefect because it offers good sun protection. I find it to be thick and creamy. I usually have to lightly moisturize before applying because it can be a bit hard to blend if you don't put enough on your face. I guess that's just the oil control? In any case I never feel like I'm wearing foundation which is exactly what I want.

If you need a casual wear product, this is it girls. give it a try

Got this bb cream as a gift. I have a dry skin and this bb cream is just not for dry skin. Coverage is not good. However it is light, not too cakey. I would recommend it for those who have oily flawless skin.