Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

2.8

on 7/20/2016 11:12:00 PM

Used this for years and loved it. But I just read an article about the dangers of oxybenzone sunscreen, which this contains. Sadly, I've had to toss it and there is no way I will repurchase.

Just no. This BB cream is pasty, sticky and hard to blend. What bothers me most about this BB cream is how it just sits on the skin and how visible it is. The finish is very shiny and despite setting powder my face turns into an oil slick 30 minutes later (I tried Clinique Loose Blended Face Powder, which works wonderfully with any other foundation I have). Coverage is light, which is to be expected. It evens out my skin tone nicely. I tried shade 'fair', which is a warm to neutral shade - a little bit on the yellow side, but neither too yellow nor too red. I hoped this would be a light summer foundation, but I am super disappointed. As for BB creams I prefer Missha Perfect Cover in shade 23, which blends a lot better into my skin. However, I will stick with liquid foundation instead of this pasty mess.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. I am huge on the opaque foundation face finish, but this has turned me. It gives me skin a gorgous natural glow. I didn't believe in BB creams before, but now that my adult acne phase has faded out I decided to give this a try. I'm always extremely busy and running late in the morning, so any product that can cust down my beauty prep time is welcome in my makeup bag. This is a perfect combo of a moisturizer, primer, and foundation, a three-in-one. All I do is add concealer in my trouble spots and some powder to set it and dunzo! I will gladly buy this in the future and highly recommend.

on 11/5/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This goes on beautifully but unfortunately doesn't stay that way. At the end of the day, I notice that it's sunken into my pores and flaky patches are highlighted. It also has a tendency to clump around my nose. I'm NC25-30 and was first colormatched with Medium, which was surprising because it's a pinch darker and appeared more orange than what I'm used to wearing, but somehow it doesn't appear orange once applied. A week later, I returned to a different Nordstrom and was colormatched with Fair, which also appears to be a good match and is much closer to my NARS TM shade, Alaska, in that it has yellowy/gold warm undertones but isn't as peachy as the "Medium" shade. Coverage is between light and moderate, so you'll still need a concealer for blemishes and scars, but it evens out skin beautifully. I was told that this product is great for combo skin but I do finish with a light dusting of loose powder to set it in the morning, and by the afternoon I have to blot but overall it's not bad in terms of oil control. I don't mind the sunscreen smell, which is very faint and barely noticeable, but it definitely has a thicker consistency that can be hard to blend and apply.

Between this and the NARS tinted moisturizer, I prefer the NARS.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

For reference I'm NC40/42 and wear Medium/Dark in this product. It's a real time saver in the morning since I can use this one item instead of layering on three others (moisturizer, sunscreen & foundation). I have combo-oily skin and only had to blot one time in a 12 hour period. It applies and blends quite easily. The coverage is pretty good... not too thick and not too sheer. I definitely took off a lippie because of the limited shade range. I mean I'm about the coloring of Nikki Minaj and wear the darkest shade offered. Crazy. Especially since Bobbi is known for being a great line for women of color.

on 10/1/2012 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Well, it could be that the Bobbi Brown consultant chose the wrong shade for me - but I always go for the lightest ones anyway- it just does not do anything for me. I look tired, I feel like it exagerrate the redness, generally unheathy and less smooth the without any makeup.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wear this BB cream as a foundation when I feel like I need a little bit of evening out of my skin tone during the day time. It's prefect because it offers good sun protection. I find it to be thick and creamy. I usually have to lightly moisturise before applying because it can be a bit hard to blend if you don't put enough on your face. I guess that's just the oil control? In any case I never feel like I'm wearing foundation which is exactly what I want. This is my go to casual day wear.

on 8/26/2012 3:29:00 PM

If you generally find Bobbi foundations to be too yellow for your skintone, then you can expect the same from her BB. Many BBs are too ashy or just too light. I was surprised how small the tube was (1.35oz). Convenient size to carry, but a bit expensive. I prefer the coverage, finish and tone of Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB which is lasts all day on my oily skin.

This was a big fat fail for me. I was expecting to love it based on the reviews but I can't say anything good about it. It was greasy, yet highlighted every dry patch on my face, broke me out, minimal coverage. The palest shade was almost pale enough for my NC10 skin but still a little dark. I washed it off after a few hours. But I patch tested a spot near my hairline and I got a pimple the next day, but my skin is very reactive. I returned it.

on 6/24/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My fave bb cream so far! I've tried a few and have been disappointed with oil content, shine and shades. I'm extremely pale yellow and most foundation lines/bb creams are too dark. I have Extra Fair in this one and it's actually a bit too pale! I could probably use the middle shade. The sun protection, shine control and sleek packaging are great. It doesn't break me out, which most bb creams do. Coverage is light to medium. The only reason I took a lippie off is lasting power- it's pretty good and doesn't let me down on a warm day, but doesn't look quite as good after 6 hours or so. I would definitely buy this again. Too bad I can't buy it in North America yet- I bought it in China. Please bring it to Canada, Bobbi!