Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.4

on 8/10/2017 5:17:00 PM

I really liked how creamy this was, with good, medium to heavy coverage. However, the color was a bit too tan/yellow for me. Unfortunately, I can't remember what shade it was! If it was the Extra Light, I would not buy again because of the color mismatch. If it was a darker shade, I definitely would try again in a lighter shade.

This was the first BB cream I ever tried years ago (I think Bobbi was early to the BB cream train) and I thought I really liked it, so bought it again. I have to say, it's no longer as good as I thought it was. Good: The coverage is light, it has SPF and the tone was not pink or orange like lots of BB creams. Not good: formula is tough to work into the skin; it dries quickly, cakes up around nose/eyes/etc. and also doesn't settle in if you use too much moisturizer or a primer underneath. I had to use my fingers, never brush or sponge, to really work it in. For the price, I'm going to skip it from now on.

on 2/24/2017 9:17:00 AM

This has been my regular BB cream for a while. Got it as a sample from Sephora and just sort of adopted it when my Stila foundation ran out. It's pricey, but I like the packaging...the tube is just the best for foundation. It's soft and you can take scissors to...so you can get every bit out. Coverage is pretty good as long as you pat it on and the SPF is great! Primer goes under, then concealer, two types of powder to set and all-nighter spray to finish. Keeps my skin from drying out, doesn't break me out, and manages to not melt off in the North Texas heat...though I'm sure all the other crap on top of the BB cream helps!

on 12/7/2016 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I liked the way that this felt on my skin, the shade was a little yellow for me but it looked okay so I bought it. I loved that there was spf in it! However after a couple weeks I noticed that I was getting a lot of blackheads (which is unusual for me) so I stopped using it. Within a couple days they cleared up. This was the only product that I changed in my routine before or after they started, so I stopped using it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had this BB cream applied at a Bobbi Brown counter as part of a lesson. I had high expectations for this BB cream but was disappointed. It blended in fine over the oily parts of my face but sat on top of the dry areas, making them look much worse and flakey (even on top of the "face base"). I had to go home and wash my face then follow up with my normal CeraVe lotion and my usual Mac Face and Body.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this for the SPF coverage needing something quick and easy for the summer months. I purchased the shade "Light" and was surprised at how dark and yellow the color was. Because it's fairly light coverage, the color wasn't a huge issue, but I wasn't able to use until I reached the end of summer. (I am typically around NW15 in winter, NW20-25 in summer months)

The coverage is ok. It is light, and won't hide any blemishes if you have them, but it does a decent job of correcting the discoloration in my cheeks. (better coverage than most BB creams I have tried though) When I first started using, I was loving it. It was fast and easy, decent SPF, perfect for beach days.

If you have oily skin, pass on this. My very dry skin looks greasy at the end of the day using this. Even set with a powder, my forehead shines like crazy. (something I have never experienced before)

I paid a hefty sum for this product, and was determined to make use of it. After using for 9 more days, I looked in the mirror one evening and noticed little white bumps in all my pores! My chin was covered in easily visible white gunky bumps! (despite having a solid skincare regimen to remove all makeup each night) It was just way to oily and greasy for my parched skin!

I had visited a friend who sent me a few pics we took. (on a day I had used the BB cream) and the photos were terrible. My friend even mentioned how unflattering the photos were, blaming the lighting. Nope, it was the BB cream. It photographs really poorly. That was the day this went into the dumpster.

I was really hoping to love this, because I love the Bobbi Brown foundation stick.

on 5/31/2016 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great if you have perfect skin, but little to no coverage. This is a tinted moisturizer with SPF, and if you have any blemishes at all it will do nothing to cover them. Easy to apply with fingers if you're in a rush, good for beach days, but I find myself reaching for concealer and foundation for blemished areas so why bother with this in the first place?

on 3/24/2016 11:16:00 PM

Love this! The "Fair" shade is a very close match to my skin, and this lasts most of the day with only a little touchup. Coverage is medium, and looks natural. Texture feels creamy but not greasy at all, and does not slide off like some BBs and CCs.

I am now 63 with combo skin, and have found this BB works best when I apply my Neutrogena Visibly Even SPF 30 Moisturizer underneath it and let it dry. After I apply the BB cream I set it with a light dusting of loose powder on my cheeks and chin.

My only complaint is the high price, so I either purchase at a CCO outlet a few times a year, or at the Sephora F&F sales in the spring and fall for the 15-20 percent discount.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Price: On sale was cheap, but expensive on the regular (cant justify the repurchase)
Packaging: Good, sleek sturdy plastic squeeze bottle
Texture: Like a medium thickness moisturiser
Colour match: For my neutral to pink toned pale skin, close enough though still a touch dark and a smidge yellow and needs to be blended into neck
I bought this product at a factory for about $15 cheaper then the original price because as a pale person I have a hard time finding a bb cream that is even vaguely light enough. At first you might attempt to apply this with your fingers or a brush. DON'T APPLY IT LIKE THAT. It will be bad, it will sit on the skin like a weird tiny clumped mask that will look unnatural and it will oxidise and set like this. Gross looking, gross feeling. INSTEAD: Grab a beauty blender, whether it be the original or one of its many dupes and get it ready (wet it, squeeze out the water) then apply the bb cream onto the face in little dabby bits, a dot on the front of the cheek, a dot or 3 on around the edges of the face (or like 5, I have big cheeks) and dab and blend with a bouncing movement in with a medium pace, repeat on forehead, nose and neck. Tah Dah, it looks 10 times better, actually looks even natural, wont clump if you blend well, might oxidise a bit. The finished look should be a glowy but not too shiny look with light to medium coverage that's nice if you want the freckles to shine through a bit but even the skintone out.
Use concealer, this wont cover the pimples, lasts pretty well but it is a bb cream. Has spf which is a plus.
Not a HG product and perhaps not the best BB out but pretty good if you use the above technique and can deal with the price tag

on 2/23/2016 4:43:00 PM

This bb cream is terrible for dry skin. It clings to anything and everything and is awful to blend. My friend with normal skin looks so nice with it on, but if you have dry skin stay clear. Try a sample before you buy!