Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

on 8/24/2015 4:42:00 AM

Terrible product! I got a sample of the Medium/Dark shade.

- Broke out
- Colour was awful - they do not cater for anyone with the 'Golden' shade. Nothing in between dark and medium dark.
- Very expensive

Generally not happy with it and will never buy again.

on 3/4/2015 1:48:00 AM

This product broke me out! But it seems like that's the case for me with almost all BB creams. I think it may be the SPF? Haven't found one yet that hasn't. And this is no exception.

on 1/8/2014 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Awful. This had minimal coverage, colour is very yellow based, and worst of all...it broke me out. I have combination skin type, and I have never broken out from traditional BB creams. Absolutely hated this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This was my first BB product purchase, and I was sorely disappointed with it. I swapped it away very quickly and vowed to never buy into the BB cream hype again.

It's just not phenomenal as many online reviews suggest. First, I failed to realize that it is for normal to oily skin. I have dry skin, combo in the summer, and I first tried this in the spring when my tzone wasn't oily. It was a huge miss for me, even though I know people who love it.

First off, the amount of product you get for the price is ridiculous. I am the type of person who has no problem dropping 50 bucks or more for a foundation, face cream, etc if it does what it promises. I wasn't looking for major coverage, and this didn't give me any to boast about. I was looking for something to just even out my skin tone.

My main gripe with the product is how unflattering it is on the face, texture wise. While a BB cream, it gave my complexion this strange mask-like effect, as if I was wearing full coverage foundation that accentuated my flaws instead of hiding them. It wasn't moisturizing enough to wear alone, and didn't play well with my moisturizer when I wore some underneath. It pointed out my forehead wrinkles when I have none (unless I exaggerate my facial expressions, I'm still young) and settled into clumps around my nose. The worst part is that it couldn't even last 3 hours.

The color range is alright, I do like BB for having very yellow toned products. I got this in Fair for my NC20-25 tone at the time and it still seemed very grey cast. Is this just a common trope with BB creams?

If you're looking for a BB cream, just try a tinted moisturizer that matches your skin tone. Don't buy into all of this BB hype because the majority of people I know that wear BB cream look pale in the face or like they're suffering from motion sickness.

on 6/28/2013 8:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

i am a faithful client to bobbi brown and i had high expectations from this product.. i was so excited that i could combine nice coverage(for a bb cream), yellow undertoned product and high SPF that i bought this immediately! BUT.....after the first application i was more than disappointed.. although the cream does spread quite easily, after LESS than 1 hour it starts to melt on my skin and create COLOURLESS SPOTS all over my face!! if set it with powder the "effect" is even more disastrous...!!! my skin is not oily, neither the humidity of the place that i live is high..so i cannot explain this. i send an e-mail to the company 2 weeks ago and nobody replied....that's another little disappointment towards bobbi brown cosmetics..

on 12/28/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly? I was desperate to love this BB cream, I really was, because I'd paid so much money for it (58 dollars!). Despite older people lecturing me on shopping for expensive makeup (because for some reason 19 year olds are only allowed to use drugstore or something?) I decided to go for this BB cream because:

a) the ratings seemed pretty good on here
b) had a good amount of SPF in it, and was fragrance and oil free as far as I remember
c) I was in the market for a new base product that wasn't foundation (too heavy feeling) and wanted something lightweight and unlikely to break me out
d) there didn't seem to be a drugstore BB cream that would be good for me (NYX didn't have my shade, Loreal's and Rimmel's apparently suck, couldn't find the Maybelline ones anywhere, etc) - same for higher end brands.

So I bit the bullet and bought this. For reference, I have a medium skin tone with lots of post acne marks on my cheeks and chin, and prominent pores and blackheads on my nose. I get a few pimples here and there but I don't get as much as I used to before. Most of my problems are from acne marks. Anyway, seeing as this is a BB cream I did not have any expectations for it cover all my problem areas. I knew I would need concealer but I already had a pretty good one and just wanted something to even out my skin tone and make my skin look "better" - I don't know, maybe more luminous and dewy? Or at least smooth over my pores? Just better than what it is without makeup. Not so red, I guess. Bare in mind that my overall skin texture is actually pretty good, just very red.

To cut the crap, here are some pros and cons:

**PROS**:
- Didn't break me out
- Has really good coverage considering it's a BB cream
- Feels very lightweight on the skin
- Matches my skin tone EXACTLY (it's almost scary!)
- Easy to blend

**CONS**:
- Accentuates skin texture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was my biggest problem with it. It emphasized my pores and, believe it or not, even the bumps on my skin (zits that haven't formed a head yet). Honestly, I looked worse with this BB cream than if I had nothing on.

- Wear time is bad, and the powders I've used haven't extended it much. I'm surprised by this, as I have pretty normal skin that though is problematic and acne prone, is not excessively oily nor dry. But for the life of me, I couldn't do anything (setting spray or powder) that would make it stay long enough so that my blemishes don't show through again during the day - whenever I'd go to the bathroom on a break between lectures, they were visible again! Even the slight green tinge in my philtrum area (mustache) would show through relatively quickly!

Bear in mind I do not usually prep my skin before applying this stuff. I plan to use a moisturizer just before to see how it looks on my skin to compare, and I'll provide an update. Maybe I'll use a primer. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this product. The overall impression I get is that if you have great skin texture (i.e.: flawless skin that probably doesn't even need makeup in the first place!) then you'd like this. For 58 dollars it should've been way, way better than this. Even if it works with a primer/moisturizer/MAC fix plus, for that price it shouldn't need those things!

My advice would be to give this a pass. If you have flawless skin, you can buy something for a fraction of the price from the drugstore that would work way better than this thing. Going back to my trusty Loreal True Match. Should never have strayed!

on 12/7/2016 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I liked the way that this felt on my skin, the shade was a little yellow for me but it looked okay so I bought it. I loved that there was spf in it! However after a couple weeks I noticed that I was getting a lot of blackheads (which is unusual for me) so I stopped using it. Within a couple days they cleared up. This was the only product that I changed in my routine before or after they started, so I stopped using it.

on 8/1/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The SA matched me to the shade Fair. On my NC/NW 15-20 skin this looked orange and patchy! Not cool and fair enough! But the biggest problem is that it doesn't cover my stubborn melasma and acne scars. (And not my dark eyecircles either )I suppose it has a medium coverage, but that's not enough when you have hyperpigmentations. (I prefer clinique BB Spf 30)

Beside this, it's horribly expensive for the small amount you get, and if you need something for everyday use... So unfortunately, the search goes on....

on 8/3/2014 7:37:00 PM

The product didn't look good on me in a natural lighting. It made my skin look ashy and "dead".

on 7/2/2014 12:58:00 PM

I ordered the small size of this in both Fair and Medium (I am a Beige 3.0 in Bobbi Brown's other foundations) and matched to Fair. I applied it over a foundation primer and then spot applied Bobbi Brown's long wear even finish compact foundation over any dark spots. I topped it with Bobbi Brown's sheer finish loose powder.

This BB cream is just "meh" in my opinion. It was rather thick and hard to blend, even though I only used a pea-sized amount. Once it was completely blended, the coverage was fairly sheer, though not as sheer as Bobbi Brown's tinted moisturizer. It didn't completely camouflage my dark spots or redness, but most BB creams don't, so it was not a surprise that I had to use foundation over it. At first it looked good and gave me the look of healthy skin. But after a few hours, it all fell apart. I was shiny and the product started to ball up, especially on my chin and around my nose. By the end of the day, most of it had melted off my cheeks and forehead, and collected around my nose and chin. This isn't a humidity problem - I've tried it on days when it was not humid and still got the same effect.

Bobbi Brown has some amazing products, but this isn't one of them. I think the Korean BB creams vastly outperform this one. If you have very good skin and want sheer coverage, I'd say go for it. But if you have flaws to cover up, you'll need foundation over it.