Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this for the SPF coverage needing something quick and easy for the summer months. I purchased the shade "Light" and was surprised at how dark and yellow the color was. Because it's fairly light coverage, the color wasn't a huge issue, but I wasn't able to use until I reached the end of summer. (I am typically around NW15 in winter, NW20-25 in summer months)

The coverage is ok. It is light, and won't hide any blemishes if you have them, but it does a decent job of correcting the discoloration in my cheeks. (better coverage than most BB creams I have tried though) When I first started using, I was loving it. It was fast and easy, decent SPF, perfect for beach days.

If you have oily skin, pass on this. My very dry skin looks greasy at the end of the day using this. Even set with a powder, my forehead shines like crazy. (something I have never experienced before)

I paid a hefty sum for this product, and was determined to make use of it. After using for 9 more days, I looked in the mirror one evening and noticed little white bumps in all my pores! My chin was covered in easily visible white gunky bumps! (despite having a solid skincare regimen to remove all makeup each night) It was just way to oily and greasy for my parched skin!

I had visited a friend who sent me a few pics we took. (on a day I had used the BB cream) and the photos were terrible. My friend even mentioned how unflattering the photos were, blaming the lighting. Nope, it was the BB cream. It photographs really poorly. That was the day this went into the dumpster.

I was really hoping to love this, because I love the Bobbi Brown foundation stick.

on 7/20/2016 11:12:00 PM

Used this for years and loved it. But I just read an article about the dangers of oxybenzone sunscreen, which this contains. Sadly, I've had to toss it and there is no way I will repurchase.

on 9/24/2015 4:21:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this in Fair when I bought 2 intense pigment liners on BB's website. Those are awesome and I love them. It amazes me that a company can make something that is absolute perfection, and then. . .there's this BB cream. It is awful. First, we have the color. I am an NW15-20, and this looks very dark coming out of the tube. So I compared it to my MAC lightful tinted cream, which is in Light Plus, the third lightest shade and this was definitely darker but also very yellow, whereas the MAC tinted cream is neutral/pink. When I applied it, it looked just as dark and yellow on my skin. Definitely not Fair, that's for sure. It didn't blend, it just sat on top of my skin. Even with a damp beautyblender, which can pretty much blend anything in (or at least blend it away), nothing happened. It just moved over a little bit and caked elsewhere on my face. No oil control, no anything except it looked terrible. It also made my face itch, which kind of freaked me out so I had to wash it off after about an hour. No biggie, since it looked terrible anyway.

on 8/24/2015 4:42:00 AM

Terrible product! I got a sample of the Medium/Dark shade.

- Broke out
- Colour was awful - they do not cater for anyone with the 'Golden' shade. Nothing in between dark and medium dark.
- Very expensive

Generally not happy with it and will never buy again.

This was absolutely awful. Tried it today and after wearing it all day I had to take my unopened box back. Imagine something on your face that makes you look 50 years older than you are are totally non- blendable and you would be thinking of this product. Really disappointed, just swapped for my usual long wearing foundation. Very, very drying too.

on 3/4/2015 1:48:00 AM

This product broke me out! But it seems like that's the case for me with almost all BB creams. I think it may be the SPF? Haven't found one yet that hasn't. And this is no exception.

on 7/14/2014 11:17:00 PM

This is below average. I say asian BB creams by Etude house, Ettusais and even the clinique moisture cc is much better than this. This is downright drying and the pigment content is too low. By the end of the day my skin was flaky and colour had been eaten away. I don't see it performing at all. Its not for dry skins or use a moisture serum underneath.

on 1/8/2014 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Awful. This had minimal coverage, colour is very yellow based, and worst of all...it broke me out. I have combination skin type, and I have never broken out from traditional BB creams. Absolutely hated this.

on 12/29/2013 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Not for dry skin. As a big fan of Bobbi Brown products, I badly wanted to love this but it just doesn't work for dry skin -- well, maybe if you were planning on using a moisturizer underneath but I feel that defeats the purpose.

Immediately after applying the skin on my face felt tight and it only got worse as the day wore on. It also lacks any kind of "slip" so it's hard to apply evenly.

I can only see this product working well for oily skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Crap!! So glad I got a sample and I did not invest in this product! For me it was thick, coverage was ok but I don't like the finish. You look like your wearing makeup and I hate that. Did not blend well either. Still have not found a better foundation than my MUF HD foundation.