Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

on 8/2/2012 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first BB cream and I am in heaven. I ordered this through Nordstrom but it is now available on her actual site.
Pros:
I am so very very oily and this product actually lives up to the hype. Oil control and no breakouts are what I look for in a foundation. The SPF is nice but I care more about breakouts and oil. This has caused zero breakouts. I really did not think this would control my oil but it does! I do not have to blot for at least four hours and that is really good for me considering I live in a super high humidity where it has been 105. I am sure if I was indoors all day I would not have to blot at all.
I also love the fact that this does not oxidize on my skin. I have such a hard time with foundations and even bronzers because they change colors throughout the day. The color "light" is spot on for my skin. It blends in like silk. I apply a tiny amount of the cream and work it into my skin and then set it with BB pale yellow pressed powder. The yellow tone of the BB cream is great at covering redness. These two products work perfectly together. I received several compliments on my skin the first day I wore this stuff. It does not even look like you are wearing makeup. I do not think I have ever had a product that matches my skin so PERFECTLY! My mother now wants to order some for herself.
Con- The only con I find with this product is the price tag. I hope that this lasts me for some time because the tube looks rather small. I for one do not have a problem with buying expensive items if I know that they work for my skin so I will suck it up and repurchase.
* I also hope this helps the appearance of my skin (tone and health i guess) over time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this, so I'll probably update if it ends up clogging my pores... I recently moved to Chicago, where this past winter was especially BRUTAL, and coupled with going off BC my normally oily skin has turned impossibly dry. I've used Bare Minerals (very light application) for a bunch of years, and between the weather, newly regularized hormones, and a 30th birthday coming up, my skin took a nosedive into bone-dry desert territory. It seems any and all powders, even applied with the lightest touch, started sinking into fine lines I didn't know I had. I looked dull, old, and sad. But I hate the feel of foundation, and I admittedly have pretty decent skin already - aside from dry flaking and one or two cysts during my period. Not so bad. Dullness is the issue here.

I tried this cream at the Bobbi Brown counter, and was SHOCKED (audibly shocked - I sort of yelped to the makeup artist) at how glow-y my face became. Instantly - my face looked like it had dropped five years. It just glided effortlessly over my slightly enlarged cheek pores and laugh lines, almost totally diminishing them. The Bobbi concealer stick (also purchased) hid a few old acne scars, and the BB cream on top just blended them away. Wearing the cream and the concealer underneath, I walked around town in 80 degree weather for a few hours and the glow just kept improving. It stayed put, with no setting powder, didn't settle into my lines or pores, and did not dry out at all. It felt like I was wearing nothing. The effect is very subtle - an idealized, blurred version of my own skin. So - pretty much perfect. It may be too soon, but I'm thinking HG material.

UPDATE - Still awesome. It hasn't broken me out in the slightest - when I was using Bare Minerals I got many, MANY more pimples. It looks fresh for about 6 hours on me, with a little nose-powdering. Fantastic product.

on 2/28/2014 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this. I'd been using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and even though it's a wonderful foundation, I was bored and wanting to try something new. So there came Bobbi Brown BB cream. Firstly, the consistency is thick and drying. This is definitely a NO for dry skin. I feel like you should use a stippling brush to blend this out. In overall, the coverage it gives is decent enough, but it's quite thick and not very natural. It is also quite flat, without any luminosity or dewiness. It's probably good for TV appearances or when you need flawless coverage, but for an everyday I wouldn't recommend this. Also, I kind of suspect it is breaking me out. I've been getting acne since I started using this. This is surely a NO in my book.

on 2/23/2016 4:43:00 PM

This bb cream is terrible for dry skin. It clings to anything and everything and is awful to blend. My friend with normal skin looks so nice with it on, but if you have dry skin stay clear. Try a sample before you buy!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. I am huge on the opaque foundation face finish, but this has turned me. It gives me skin a gorgous natural glow. I didn't believe in BB creams before, but now that my adult acne phase has faded out I decided to give this a try. I'm always extremely busy and running late in the morning, so any product that can cust down my beauty prep time is welcome in my makeup bag. This is a perfect combo of a moisturizer, primer, and foundation, a three-in-one. All I do is add concealer in my trouble spots and some powder to set it and dunzo! I will gladly buy this in the future and highly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've always been somewhat skeptical of BB creams for AA skin because most make me look ashy, so I tend to shy away from them. But while at work one day, I randomly tried out Bobbi Brown's in Dark. Incredible! Buttery texture with amazing coverage for a BB cream! Very hydrating without making me oily. This has become a staple in my "no makeup" makeup look, and I pair it with a light dusting of MAC's Studio Careblend powder in Deep Dark to set & complete my look. Love the SPF contains a lower percentage of titanium dioxide, which is why most sunscreens/BBs leave me ashy. Only thing I have a slight issue with is the price, $44 for 1.3 oz seems kinda steep, but it's worth it :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Will admit that this is my first BB cream ever. I have tried samples of others, but have never purchased a full size until three weeks ago. So there are probably oodles others that I could try when this tube is done. However, I will definitely be repurchasing this product.

It really does everything that I want my base to do:
- cover redness
- even out skin tone
- cover slight darkness around the eyes
- moisturize
- control oiliness ALL DAY
- easy to apply (no streaks) with fingers, too!
- can be layered for fuller coverage / spot coverage
- do not let the small size of the tube scare you, a little goes a looooong way
(I know people always say that in reviews, but really, I spent the first week of using this product having way too much left over trying to figure this out. A big pea size is all I need for my whole face!)

Most importantly, this product does not break me out! Most tinted moisturizers that I have tried either become too greasy after 3-4 hours or break me out.

The SPF 35 is also a really great plus.

Not to mention that the colours are all slightly on the yellow side, which is very favourable to my skin tone (olive Asian skin).

Not sure if I can attribute the clearing and improvement of tone of my skin on this one product alone or the fact that I have revamped my entire skin care routine. But my skin is showing to be much more even and moisturized otherwise.

The only thing that irks me about this product that is it can accentuate any flakiness I have. But this stopped being a problem after I changed my skincare routine.

I should not forget to mention that this looks really great underneath my mineral makeup. For the times when I really want to doll myself up and/or need a full face of makeup... this really makes my skin like a smooth canvas :)

on 4/15/2013 12:19:00 PM

I am a huge fan for Bobbi's products. However, I was disappointed by this BB cream. I have combination/dry skin and this product coated my face like a mask. The case is even worse when I tried to set it down by powder, my face was "cracked" into white pieces!
One hour after my makeup, the color oxidized and started to match my skin. However, the unnatural look was still there.
It was very dry and hard to spread even with the help of per-moisurization. I have fair skin and some acne scars, the BB cream does offer a nice medium coverage and moisture I desire. However, consider the price of this product, I expect more than that.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was a little disappointed initially when I learnt that Bobbi Brown Singapore did not carry the Medium-Dark shade. They only had 4 shades, with the darkest being Medium. I bought the Medium shade anyway because I thought that it would be an okay match if I applied a darker shade of powder of it. Anyway, they have since brought in the Medium-Dark shade. I can only hope that makeup companies (especially in Southeast Asia) realise that people not only have different skin types but vary in colour too. Anyway, this product retails for SGD59, which is not cheap. I find that it looks best when my face is moisturized. Otherwise, it will leave dry and flaky-like patches which does not look pretty at all. I squeeze a pea-size amount at the back of my hand and dot it around my face and neck with my finger. I apply it with my fingers in a circular motion. When I am done, I rub my palms and place them on the various parts of my face. I find that the warmth of my palms "melts" the BB cream on my face. The application looks better that way. The BB cream has not clogged my pores. It appears to have a calming effect on pimples. No redness is obvious. Also, I think that this may assist in treating dark spots left by pimples too. Expect no miracles, though. It takes a while for the spots to fade. The BB cream provides medium coverage and I have not experienced a problem with it "disappearing" after a few hours. I work from 8 am till 9 pm and do not return home with an oily face. Overall, this is a good product which I will consider repurchasing.

on 2/22/2016 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

This is the first bb cream I have ever tried, I bought this product a couple of weeks ago and have used it almost everyday since, I got the shade natural which is a good match for my nc30 skin. (The shades medium and natural looked identical to me, when I asked the bobbi brown mua she said natural has more yellow undertones and medium more pink, as im nc I went with natural) It does gives good coverage although if you like a high coverage I wouldn't recommend (bb creams are not supposed to be full coverage anyway so I would recommend foundation if that is the look you prefer)
I always apply a moisturiser before this product as my skin is dry (you could skip this if your skin is oily)then I blend this bb cream into my skin using my real techniques stippling brush. I love how natural the product looks yet it still gives coverage and blurs imperfections, using this has completely put me off using heavy foundations even on a night out I think I'd rather just use this and add concealer wherever I need more coverage. At £29.50 it is quite expensive but you get 40ml and a little goes a long way so it will last a while, I would definately repurchase this.