Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had this BB cream applied at a Bobbi Brown counter as part of a lesson. I had high expectations for this BB cream but was disappointed. It blended in fine over the oily parts of my face but sat on top of the dry areas, making them look much worse and flakey (even on top of the "face base"). I had to go home and wash my face then follow up with my normal CeraVe lotion and my usual Mac Face and Body.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this for the SPF coverage needing something quick and easy for the summer months. I purchased the shade "Light" and was surprised at how dark and yellow the color was. Because it's fairly light coverage, the color wasn't a huge issue, but I wasn't able to use until I reached the end of summer. (I am typically around NW15 in winter, NW20-25 in summer months)

The coverage is ok. It is light, and won't hide any blemishes if you have them, but it does a decent job of correcting the discoloration in my cheeks. (better coverage than most BB creams I have tried though) When I first started using, I was loving it. It was fast and easy, decent SPF, perfect for beach days.

If you have oily skin, pass on this. My very dry skin looks greasy at the end of the day using this. Even set with a powder, my forehead shines like crazy. (something I have never experienced before)

I paid a hefty sum for this product, and was determined to make use of it. After using for 9 more days, I looked in the mirror one evening and noticed little white bumps in all my pores! My chin was covered in easily visible white gunky bumps! (despite having a solid skincare regimen to remove all makeup each night) It was just way to oily and greasy for my parched skin!

I had visited a friend who sent me a few pics we took. (on a day I had used the BB cream) and the photos were terrible. My friend even mentioned how unflattering the photos were, blaming the lighting. Nope, it was the BB cream. It photographs really poorly. That was the day this went into the dumpster.

I was really hoping to love this, because I love the Bobbi Brown foundation stick.

To Read all 187 Reviews, Login or Join

Despite how thick the formula is, this BB cream is surprisingly light coverage. It lightly evens out my skin tone but does not work well to cover any major redness or scarring.

Because of its convenient squeeze tube and quick application, this BB cream is what I reach for almost daily. This is the first BB cream I have stuck to. I do not find that it breaks me out and provides good enough coverage for what I like.

I have combination skin and I would not recommend this to those with oily skin types as it does slip and slide. Also, if you have dry patches - this will cling to it (not extremely though).

on 7/27/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Light to medium coverage, somewhat thick cream that blends beautifully and covers large pores. This does not last all day since it is more of a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I like to wear this when I don't want to put on so much makeup. The plastic tube makes it great for travel.

This is not for very oily skin. Nor is it for people who need a lot of coverage.

on 7/20/2016 11:12:00 PM

Used this for years and loved it. But I just read an article about the dangers of oxybenzone sunscreen, which this contains. Sadly, I've had to toss it and there is no way I will repurchase.

Just no. This BB cream is pasty, sticky and hard to blend. What bothers me most about this BB cream is how it just sits on the skin and how visible it is. The finish is very shiny and despite setting powder my face turns into an oil slick 30 minutes later (I tried Clinique Loose Blended Face Powder, which works wonderfully with any other foundation I have). Coverage is light, which is to be expected. It evens out my skin tone nicely. I tried shade 'fair', which is a warm to neutral shade - a little bit on the yellow side, but neither too yellow nor too red. I hoped this would be a light summer foundation, but I am super disappointed. As for BB creams I prefer Missha Perfect Cover in shade 23, which blends a lot better into my skin. However, I will stick with liquid foundation instead of this pasty mess.

on 6/2/2016 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the bb cream that started it all. Used to be my favorite cause I did not break out from it. Even out my skin tone . Make it look like I got great skin . The tube last forever. But I won't repurchase because I found something better

on 5/31/2016 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great if you have perfect skin, but little to no coverage. This is a tinted moisturizer with SPF, and if you have any blemishes at all it will do nothing to cover them. Easy to apply with fingers if you're in a rush, good for beach days, but I find myself reaching for concealer and foundation for blemished areas so why bother with this in the first place?

on 5/22/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS BB CREAM! I use quite a few Bobbi Brown products. Her powder eyeshadows, lip glosses, concealer, and blushes. I love her eyeliner pots and cream shadows but they dry out too quick for the expensive price you pay :(
BUT...if you like BB Creams, this one is IT!! It has an SPF of 35, a bit of moisture (if you have dry skin, you will need a separate moisturizer under this), enough color to give you sheer to light coverage (says light to medium, but I assure you it would take a lot of this to get medium coverage!) It has a bit of a creamy/sticky texture. Sounds awful but it's not! Has real staying power, and a MUST HAVE for summer!! I am light skinned with yellow undertones. Definitely not "fair" but I wear the color fair in this. It's not a true fair. It's more light than fair and has a good bit of yellow in it. It's a perfect match for my light olive German skin :)

on 4/30/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bobbi Brown is one of the top three of my favorites in make up products. I love it because it has many shade options so you can find your perfect shade especially in make up products for face.
BB cream of Bobbi Brown is one of the products which I cannot give up using! I discovered it few years ago at Hong Kong airport duty free, I was very tired, sleepy, no make up and totally messy looking!I was searching something to buy, anything to spend the Hong Kong dollars before leaving the country! And I found Bobbi Brown BB cream, one of the best coincides in my whole life! I applied it to my face with no other make up product, no eyeshadow, no mascara no blush, with only BB cream I had a healthy looking with smooth and even skin tone. It has a natural finish, long lasting, very light but coverage is great, even the skin tone and gives a great glow to the face! I have a combination skin and if there is humid outside my face gets shiny and all make up products seem caky on my face but I can use Bobbi Brown BB cream during hot summer days without applying any blushes or compact powder confidently! It has wide range of shade options so you can find your perfect shade.
I highly recommend Bobbi Brown BB cream!