Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

on 12/28/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly? I was desperate to love this BB cream, I really was, because I'd paid so much money for it (58 dollars!). Despite older people lecturing me on shopping for expensive makeup (because for some reason 19 year olds are only allowed to use drugstore or something?) I decided to go for this BB cream because:

a) the ratings seemed pretty good on here
b) had a good amount of SPF in it, and was fragrance and oil free as far as I remember
c) I was in the market for a new base product that wasn't foundation (too heavy feeling) and wanted something lightweight and unlikely to break me out
d) there didn't seem to be a drugstore BB cream that would be good for me (NYX didn't have my shade, Loreal's and Rimmel's apparently suck, couldn't find the Maybelline ones anywhere, etc) - same for higher end brands.

So I bit the bullet and bought this. For reference, I have a medium skin tone with lots of post acne marks on my cheeks and chin, and prominent pores and blackheads on my nose. I get a few pimples here and there but I don't get as much as I used to before. Most of my problems are from acne marks. Anyway, seeing as this is a BB cream I did not have any expectations for it cover all my problem areas. I knew I would need concealer but I already had a pretty good one and just wanted something to even out my skin tone and make my skin look "better" - I don't know, maybe more luminous and dewy? Or at least smooth over my pores? Just better than what it is without makeup. Not so red, I guess. Bare in mind that my overall skin texture is actually pretty good, just very red.

To cut the crap, here are some pros and cons:

**PROS**:
- Didn't break me out
- Has really good coverage considering it's a BB cream
- Feels very lightweight on the skin
- Matches my skin tone EXACTLY (it's almost scary!)
- Easy to blend

**CONS**:
- Accentuates skin texture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was my biggest problem with it. It emphasized my pores and, believe it or not, even the bumps on my skin (zits that haven't formed a head yet). Honestly, I looked worse with this BB cream than if I had nothing on.

- Wear time is bad, and the powders I've used haven't extended it much. I'm surprised by this, as I have pretty normal skin that though is problematic and acne prone, is not excessively oily nor dry. But for the life of me, I couldn't do anything (setting spray or powder) that would make it stay long enough so that my blemishes don't show through again during the day - whenever I'd go to the bathroom on a break between lectures, they were visible again! Even the slight green tinge in my philtrum area (mustache) would show through relatively quickly!

Bear in mind I do not usually prep my skin before applying this stuff. I plan to use a moisturizer just before to see how it looks on my skin to compare, and I'll provide an update. Maybe I'll use a primer. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this product. The overall impression I get is that if you have great skin texture (i.e.: flawless skin that probably doesn't even need makeup in the first place!) then you'd like this. For 58 dollars it should've been way, way better than this. Even if it works with a primer/moisturizer/MAC fix plus, for that price it shouldn't need those things!

My advice would be to give this a pass. If you have flawless skin, you can buy something for a fraction of the price from the drugstore that would work way better than this thing. Going back to my trusty Loreal True Match. Should never have strayed!

on 12/7/2016 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I liked the way that this felt on my skin, the shade was a little yellow for me but it looked okay so I bought it. I loved that there was spf in it! However after a couple weeks I noticed that I was getting a lot of blackheads (which is unusual for me) so I stopped using it. Within a couple days they cleared up. This was the only product that I changed in my routine before or after they started, so I stopped using it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had this BB cream applied at a Bobbi Brown counter as part of a lesson. I had high expectations for this BB cream but was disappointed. It blended in fine over the oily parts of my face but sat on top of the dry areas, making them look much worse and flakey (even on top of the "face base"). I had to go home and wash my face then follow up with my normal CeraVe lotion and my usual Mac Face and Body.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this for the SPF coverage needing something quick and easy for the summer months. I purchased the shade "Light" and was surprised at how dark and yellow the color was. Because it's fairly light coverage, the color wasn't a huge issue, but I wasn't able to use until I reached the end of summer. (I am typically around NW15 in winter, NW20-25 in summer months)

The coverage is ok. It is light, and won't hide any blemishes if you have them, but it does a decent job of correcting the discoloration in my cheeks. (better coverage than most BB creams I have tried though) When I first started using, I was loving it. It was fast and easy, decent SPF, perfect for beach days.

If you have oily skin, pass on this. My very dry skin looks greasy at the end of the day using this. Even set with a powder, my forehead shines like crazy. (something I have never experienced before)

I paid a hefty sum for this product, and was determined to make use of it. After using for 9 more days, I looked in the mirror one evening and noticed little white bumps in all my pores! My chin was covered in easily visible white gunky bumps! (despite having a solid skincare regimen to remove all makeup each night) It was just way to oily and greasy for my parched skin!

I had visited a friend who sent me a few pics we took. (on a day I had used the BB cream) and the photos were terrible. My friend even mentioned how unflattering the photos were, blaming the lighting. Nope, it was the BB cream. It photographs really poorly. That was the day this went into the dumpster.

I was really hoping to love this, because I love the Bobbi Brown foundation stick.

Despite how thick the formula is, this BB cream is surprisingly light coverage. It lightly evens out my skin tone but does not work well to cover any major redness or scarring.

Because of its convenient squeeze tube and quick application, this BB cream is what I reach for almost daily. This is the first BB cream I have stuck to. I do not find that it breaks me out and provides good enough coverage for what I like.

I have combination skin and I would not recommend this to those with oily skin types as it does slip and slide. Also, if you have dry patches - this will cling to it (not extremely though).

on 7/27/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Light to medium coverage, somewhat thick cream that blends beautifully and covers large pores. This does not last all day since it is more of a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I like to wear this when I don't want to put on so much makeup. The plastic tube makes it great for travel.

This is not for very oily skin. Nor is it for people who need a lot of coverage.

on 7/20/2016 11:12:00 PM

Used this for years and loved it. But I just read an article about the dangers of oxybenzone sunscreen, which this contains. Sadly, I've had to toss it and there is no way I will repurchase.

Just no. This BB cream is pasty, sticky and hard to blend. What bothers me most about this BB cream is how it just sits on the skin and how visible it is. The finish is very shiny and despite setting powder my face turns into an oil slick 30 minutes later (I tried Clinique Loose Blended Face Powder, which works wonderfully with any other foundation I have). Coverage is light, which is to be expected. It evens out my skin tone nicely. I tried shade 'fair', which is a warm to neutral shade - a little bit on the yellow side, but neither too yellow nor too red. I hoped this would be a light summer foundation, but I am super disappointed. As for BB creams I prefer Missha Perfect Cover in shade 23, which blends a lot better into my skin. However, I will stick with liquid foundation instead of this pasty mess.

on 6/2/2016 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the bb cream that started it all. Used to be my favorite cause I did not break out from it. Even out my skin tone . Make it look like I got great skin . The tube last forever. But I won't repurchase because I found something better

on 5/31/2016 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great if you have perfect skin, but little to no coverage. This is a tinted moisturizer with SPF, and if you have any blemishes at all it will do nothing to cover them. Easy to apply with fingers if you're in a rush, good for beach days, but I find myself reaching for concealer and foundation for blemished areas so why bother with this in the first place?