Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

on 11/5/2018 12:01:00 PM

I recently purchased this, tried a couple times, and am going to return it. To me, this type of product should be a slap-the-sh*t-on-and-run-out-the-door one, and this is not. It has to be blended in pretty well or it is obvious, a lot of rubbing is needed if using fingers (which is not good) or else it just seems to sit on top of the skin and "dot" in the pores, and using a blending tool defeats the purpose of this type of product, IMO. Another negative is it doesn't have a pleasant smell, kind of like Band-Aids. I did give it two stars because I think it's a high-quality product and the shade Light is stellar, but this product isn't working out for me.

on 9/24/2018 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sheer to medium coverage, lasts relatively ok on my super oily skin and the shades are fantastic. Perfect for those who do not need a lot of coverage.

I am divided on this product. About every foundation I have used on my naturally combo but now quite dry to to the Tria laser and Retin-A use skin shows up and that makes me upset. I'm 37, I have some fine lines and pigmentation (which is what the aforementioned products above are addressing). At any rate, I wanted something simple with a good SPF because I have to wear one when doing those treatments and something light that would even out my skin and hide texture. I got this product in medium and the color is a bit more yellow than me but it is a good thing because it counteracts the bit of redness I am getting from the treatments. 50% of the time I wear this, I love it. When blended to perfection it actually hides texture pretty well and I find that there is no need to powder at all with this. It has a natural skin finish on me, all day. I find that it lasts on my skin and where it does show signs of wear, it does so evenly unlike those fuller coverage, en vogue long wear foundations. The other 50% of the time I get this effect like it is sitting on the skin and is visible. I do wonder if it is my recently dry skin and not the product now. I use CE Ferulic serum, La Mer the moisturizing lotion, sometimes the Chanel Flash Balm primer and then the BB. I notice it stands a better chance of being part of the better 50% with the flash primer. I also get my beauty blender soaking wet until it gets big then ring it out completely before applying. I have tried fingers and brushes but those tended to be bad 50%. There has to be a trick when I get it to work and I am still wondering what exactly it is so I can consistently replicate it. So it has the potential to be a low maintenance HG product but it is finicky to the point that it is almost ironic. I am anxious to try it when I am on off time with the Tria to see what it does when my skin is more combo.

on 2/10/2018 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I mix this in a 50/50 ratio with my Revlon Colourstay foundation for oily skin and hoooooooly crap. These two just create the perfect combo if you have oily skin. My skin absolutely hates thick product, so this is the perfect consistency when worn on its own. Today, I forgot to set it using powder and it STILL looked flawless after 5 hours. I only have to blot once when wearing this all day, and it fills my pores beautifully.

Only small con is the price to be honest. This is definitely an expensive product, but as someone whose skin just does not accept any other foundations, tinted moisturizers, or BB creams, this is more than worth it. AND my skin just gets better looking the more I wear it. It doesn't feel overly heavy on my face, and I just love mixing this with foundation to make them less heavy. Will absolutely order more of this once I run out.

I am on my third tube. I love how it is lightweight yet still provide some coverage. Coverage is sheer but it does have a healthy glow to it which I love and can not find in any other product even the more expensive ones.

on 8/10/2017 5:17:00 PM

I really liked how creamy this was, with good, medium to heavy coverage. However, the color was a bit too tan/yellow for me. Unfortunately, I can't remember what shade it was! If it was the Extra Light, I would not buy again because of the color mismatch. If it was a darker shade, I definitely would try again in a lighter shade.

This was the first BB cream I ever tried years ago (I think Bobbi was early to the BB cream train) and I thought I really liked it, so bought it again. I have to say, it's no longer as good as I thought it was. Good: The coverage is light, it has SPF and the tone was not pink or orange like lots of BB creams. Not good: formula is tough to work into the skin; it dries quickly, cakes up around nose/eyes/etc. and also doesn't settle in if you use too much moisturizer or a primer underneath. I had to use my fingers, never brush or sponge, to really work it in. For the price, I'm going to skip it from now on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the second BB cream I ever bought. First one was from Dior and I hated it. Bobbi Brown one is much better but unfortunately, it's not for a dry skin.

Pros:
- it completely dissolved my rosacea in a week. It did something no treatment could do! My skin is not red anymore and I don't have pimples (this is the reason I gave it three stars instead of one for performance)
- shade light perfectly matches my skin, it's somehow neutral, not too pink, not too yellow (though I would need to buy darker one for summer)
- doesn't oxidize

Cons:
- sets fast, I have to do my whole face in 30 seconds otherwise I have thick layers at some place and nothing on others
- it's impossible to use any other cream product with it, they will cake (forget about concealer)
- doesn't last long, only half of the day if set with powder and you need to wipe it all out before reapplying it otherwise you'll have a patchy face
- clings to dry patches and accentuates skin texture on dry areas

The performance of this stuff is awful, but healing properties are 5++. I'll look for another BB cream but in the meantime, I will continue to use it and repurchase if I must just for the sake of not having red skin with some pimples that I get from using any foundation on the market.

P.S. Actually I have returned it. Way too cakey on my face.

on 2/24/2017 9:17:00 AM

This has been my regular BB cream for a while. Got it as a sample from Sephora and just sort of adopted it when my Stila foundation ran out. It's pricey, but I like the packaging...the tube is just the best for foundation. It's soft and you can take scissors to...so you can get every bit out. Coverage is pretty good as long as you pat it on and the SPF is great! Primer goes under, then concealer, two types of powder to set and all-nighter spray to finish. Keeps my skin from drying out, doesn't break me out, and manages to not melt off in the North Texas heat...though I'm sure all the other crap on top of the BB cream helps!

on 12/28/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly? I was desperate to love this BB cream, I really was, because I'd paid so much money for it (58 dollars!). Despite older people lecturing me on shopping for expensive makeup (because for some reason 19 year olds are only allowed to use drugstore or something?) I decided to go for this BB cream because:

a) the ratings seemed pretty good on here
b) had a good amount of SPF in it, and was fragrance and oil free as far as I remember
c) I was in the market for a new base product that wasn't foundation (too heavy feeling) and wanted something lightweight and unlikely to break me out
d) there didn't seem to be a drugstore BB cream that would be good for me (NYX didn't have my shade, Loreal's and Rimmel's apparently suck, couldn't find the Maybelline ones anywhere, etc) - same for higher end brands.

So I bit the bullet and bought this. For reference, I have a medium skin tone with lots of post acne marks on my cheeks and chin, and prominent pores and blackheads on my nose. I get a few pimples here and there but I don't get as much as I used to before. Most of my problems are from acne marks. Anyway, seeing as this is a BB cream I did not have any expectations for it cover all my problem areas. I knew I would need concealer but I already had a pretty good one and just wanted something to even out my skin tone and make my skin look "better" - I don't know, maybe more luminous and dewy? Or at least smooth over my pores? Just better than what it is without makeup. Not so red, I guess. Bare in mind that my overall skin texture is actually pretty good, just very red.

To cut the crap, here are some pros and cons:

**PROS**:
- Didn't break me out
- Has really good coverage considering it's a BB cream
- Feels very lightweight on the skin
- Matches my skin tone EXACTLY (it's almost scary!)
- Easy to blend

**CONS**:
- Accentuates skin texture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was my biggest problem with it. It emphasized my pores and, believe it or not, even the bumps on my skin (zits that haven't formed a head yet). Honestly, I looked worse with this BB cream than if I had nothing on.

- Wear time is bad, and the powders I've used haven't extended it much. I'm surprised by this, as I have pretty normal skin that though is problematic and acne prone, is not excessively oily nor dry. But for the life of me, I couldn't do anything (setting spray or powder) that would make it stay long enough so that my blemishes don't show through again during the day - whenever I'd go to the bathroom on a break between lectures, they were visible again! Even the slight green tinge in my philtrum area (mustache) would show through relatively quickly!

Bear in mind I do not usually prep my skin before applying this stuff. I plan to use a moisturizer just before to see how it looks on my skin to compare, and I'll provide an update. Maybe I'll use a primer. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this product. The overall impression I get is that if you have great skin texture (i.e.: flawless skin that probably doesn't even need makeup in the first place!) then you'd like this. For 58 dollars it should've been way, way better than this. Even if it works with a primer/moisturizer/MAC fix plus, for that price it shouldn't need those things!

My advice would be to give this a pass. If you have flawless skin, you can buy something for a fraction of the price from the drugstore that would work way better than this thing. Going back to my trusty Loreal True Match. Should never have strayed!