Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.3

on 8/1/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The SA matched me to the shade Fair. On my NC/NW 15-20 skin this looked orange and patchy! Not cool and fair enough! But the biggest problem is that it doesn't cover my stubborn melasma and acne scars. (And not my dark eyecircles either )I suppose it has a medium coverage, but that's not enough when you have hyperpigmentations. (I prefer clinique BB Spf 30)

Beside this, it's horribly expensive for the small amount you get, and if you need something for everyday use... So unfortunately, the search goes on....

on 5/10/2014 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this. Good coverage and high SPF. Great color (I use the fairest shade). Not as thick or covering as some of the thickest BB creams--I am thinking of Dr. Jart and Boscia, but color match is a little better. I have deluxe samples of these thicker ones and use them when I am in the mood, and currently I am using Smashbox because I bought it in a JCP sephora where Bobbi Brown was not available and I needed one. Smashbox has about the same consistency as the Bobbi Brown, but lower SPF and the color/coverage of the Bobbi Brown is superior. Bobbi Brown BB is my favorite of all the ones I have tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Let me start out by saying that I am very grateful to Bobbi Brown for considering the very pale and very dark women in her product offerings. I now count only three companies that are offering a BB cream in a shade darker than say, NW45 .. (Iman (horrible formula), Sleek (nice but only available online so you can't try shades) and now Bobbi.

The color payoff is excellent. I am NW50 and found that the Rich shade matched very well. I did find that it gave me a very, very slight grayish tone to my skin but that is nearly impossible to avoid on darker skin in any product with a sunscreen (And at SPF 35, this is pretty decent sun protection.)

Even without a powder, I found that the BB cream lasted a good three to four hours without blotting (I'm oily/combo but it's summer in Arizona so I'm leaning oilier.)

Ultimately, I had to throw the BB cream into the product graveyard because the silicones broke me out. After a lifetime of breakouts, I've finally figured out that my skin just doesn't like 'cones. I thought I'd give this a shot since only two were listed but seems like that's all it takes to wreak havoc on my skin.

Bottom line: If you are not sensitive to the ingredients, this is well worth a try. I did take an additional two lippies off because for $46, there is just not a lot of product in the tube.