Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the second BB cream I ever bought. First one was from Dior and I hated it. Bobbi Brown one is much better but unfortunately, it's not for a dry skin.

Pros:
- it completely dissolved my rosacea in a week. It did something no treatment could do! My skin is not red anymore and I don't have pimples (this is the reason I gave it three stars instead of one for performance)
- shade light perfectly matches my skin, it's somehow neutral, not too pink, not too yellow (though I would need to buy darker one for summer)
- doesn't oxidize

Cons:
- sets fast, I have to do my whole face in 30 seconds otherwise I have thick layers at some place and nothing on others
- it's impossible to use any other cream product with it, they will cake (forget about concealer)
- doesn't last long, only half of the day if set with powder and you need to wipe it all out before reapplying it otherwise you'll have a patchy face
- clings to dry patches and accentuates skin texture on dry areas

The performance of this stuff is awful, but healing properties are 5++. I'll look for another BB cream but in the meantime, I will continue to use it and repurchase if I must just for the sake of not having red skin with some pimples that I get from using any foundation on the market.

P.S. Actually I have returned it. Way too cakey on my face.

on 2/24/2017 9:17:00 AM

This has been my regular BB cream for a while. Got it as a sample from Sephora and just sort of adopted it when my Stila foundation ran out. It's pricey, but I like the packaging...the tube is just the best for foundation. It's soft and you can take scissors to...so you can get every bit out. Coverage is pretty good as long as you pat it on and the SPF is great! Primer goes under, then concealer, two types of powder to set and all-nighter spray to finish. Keeps my skin from drying out, doesn't break me out, and manages to not melt off in the North Texas heat...though I'm sure all the other crap on top of the BB cream helps!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this for the SPF coverage needing something quick and easy for the summer months. I purchased the shade "Light" and was surprised at how dark and yellow the color was. Because it's fairly light coverage, the color wasn't a huge issue, but I wasn't able to use until I reached the end of summer. (I am typically around NW15 in winter, NW20-25 in summer months)

The coverage is ok. It is light, and won't hide any blemishes if you have them, but it does a decent job of correcting the discoloration in my cheeks. (better coverage than most BB creams I have tried though) When I first started using, I was loving it. It was fast and easy, decent SPF, perfect for beach days.

If you have oily skin, pass on this. My very dry skin looks greasy at the end of the day using this. Even set with a powder, my forehead shines like crazy. (something I have never experienced before)

I paid a hefty sum for this product, and was determined to make use of it. After using for 9 more days, I looked in the mirror one evening and noticed little white bumps in all my pores! My chin was covered in easily visible white gunky bumps! (despite having a solid skincare regimen to remove all makeup each night) It was just way to oily and greasy for my parched skin!

I had visited a friend who sent me a few pics we took. (on a day I had used the BB cream) and the photos were terrible. My friend even mentioned how unflattering the photos were, blaming the lighting. Nope, it was the BB cream. It photographs really poorly. That was the day this went into the dumpster.

I was really hoping to love this, because I love the Bobbi Brown foundation stick.

on 7/20/2016 11:12:00 PM

Used this for years and loved it. But I just read an article about the dangers of oxybenzone sunscreen, which this contains. Sadly, I've had to toss it and there is no way I will repurchase.

on 6/2/2016 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the bb cream that started it all. Used to be my favorite cause I did not break out from it. Even out my skin tone . Make it look like I got great skin . The tube last forever. But I won't repurchase because I found something better

on 5/31/2016 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great if you have perfect skin, but little to no coverage. This is a tinted moisturizer with SPF, and if you have any blemishes at all it will do nothing to cover them. Easy to apply with fingers if you're in a rush, good for beach days, but I find myself reaching for concealer and foundation for blemished areas so why bother with this in the first place?

on 4/30/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bobbi Brown is one of the top three of my favorites in make up products. I love it because it has many shade options so you can find your perfect shade especially in make up products for face.
BB cream of Bobbi Brown is one of the products which I cannot give up using! I discovered it few years ago at Hong Kong airport duty free, I was very tired, sleepy, no make up and totally messy looking!I was searching something to buy, anything to spend the Hong Kong dollars before leaving the country! And I found Bobbi Brown BB cream, one of the best coincides in my whole life! I applied it to my face with no other make up product, no eyeshadow, no mascara no blush, with only BB cream I had a healthy looking with smooth and even skin tone. It has a natural finish, long lasting, very light but coverage is great, even the skin tone and gives a great glow to the face! I have a combination skin and if there is humid outside my face gets shiny and all make up products seem caky on my face but I can use Bobbi Brown BB cream during hot summer days without applying any blushes or compact powder confidently! It has wide range of shade options so you can find your perfect shade.
I highly recommend Bobbi Brown BB cream!

on 8/1/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The SA matched me to the shade Fair. On my NC/NW 15-20 skin this looked orange and patchy! Not cool and fair enough! But the biggest problem is that it doesn't cover my stubborn melasma and acne scars. (And not my dark eyecircles either )I suppose it has a medium coverage, but that's not enough when you have hyperpigmentations. (I prefer clinique BB Spf 30)

Beside this, it's horribly expensive for the small amount you get, and if you need something for everyday use... So unfortunately, the search goes on....

on 5/28/2015 1:04:00 PM

I had a sample and tested it 3-4 times. Will not be buying it. On one hand if you are going for the coverage, it does cover very well, so maybe for the people with oily skin this could be a very nice product. For me, having combination skin with some dry patches- It just dries too quickly and stays visible. I personally find the level of coverage a bit too intense for a BB cream, to me it feels more like a foundation. Some reviewers say that they put moisturiser underneath, but I feel that the task of BB cream should be to be able to use it without a moisturiser underneath. Again maybe its is just not a right product for my type of skin. It also clogged my pores, but to be fair I'm very prone to that.

Best coverage and feel of and bob cream I've tried! No breakouts, and I was worried because I'm sensitive with chemical sunscreens and this is a mix. Would love a shade in between light and medium though so I hope she makes more shades, but I make light work for my mc 20-25 skin.