Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 30

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 30
BB Cream SPF 30BB Cream SPF 30

3.5

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Price: On sale was cheap, but expensive on the regular (cant justify the repurchase)
Packaging: Good, sleek sturdy plastic squeeze bottle
Texture: Like a medium thickness moisturiser
Colour match: For my neutral to pink toned pale skin, close enough though still a touch dark and a smidge yellow and needs to be blended into neck
I bought this product at a factory for about $15 cheaper then the original price because as a pale person I have a hard time finding a bb cream that is even vaguely light enough. At first you might attempt to apply this with your fingers or a brush. DON'T APPLY IT LIKE THAT. It will be bad, it will sit on the skin like a weird tiny clumped mask that will look unnatural and it will oxidise and set like this. Gross looking, gross feeling. INSTEAD: Grab a beauty blender, whether it be the original or one of its many dupes and get it ready (wet it, squeeze out the water) then apply the bb cream onto the face in little dabby bits, a dot on the front of the cheek, a dot or 3 on around the edges of the face (or like 5, I have big cheeks) and dab and blend with a bouncing movement in with a medium pace, repeat on forehead, nose and neck. Tah Dah, it looks 10 times better, actually looks even natural, wont clump if you blend well, might oxidise a bit. The finished look should be a glowy but not too shiny look with light to medium coverage that's nice if you want the freckles to shine through a bit but even the skintone out.
Use concealer, this wont cover the pimples, lasts pretty well but it is a bb cream. Has spf which is a plus.
Not a HG product and perhaps not the best BB out but pretty good if you use the above technique and can deal with the price tag

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay, so first things first (I'm the realest, kidding) I'm not really fond of Bobbi Brown products, I think all her items are "meh". From concealers to eyeshadows to foundations. I thought I'd give this I try so I did, when I first applied applied it - it felt weird and it has that sunblock feel to it. So I was rubbing it like crazy on nose, and I only used like a pea sized amount. When I was done applying it, after a minute or so I feel like my skin was suffocating and really oily + sticky. My skin was begging me to remove it. It does a good job at covering redness and lightening scars but my skin did not like it. After an hour my skin went from sticky to a complete oil slick. Yuck. AND ITS EXPENSIVE SO I WOULD NOT REPURCHASE THIS. I do prefer the Chanel Les Beige all in one healthy glow fluide. It's light and blends like a dream. Although I am oily, and the product is meant for dry to normal(?) it manages my oil pretty well. So yeah. This thing sucks

on 2/15/2014 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this BB cream. When buying I was slightly concerned as I have oily skin and was worried about shine. However this topped off with my mac mineralize skinfinish natural looks great! Coverage is good, obviously not a full as a foundation but enough for days you don't want a full face of make up. Sometimes I may have to top up a bit of powder if oily but would recommend.

on 1/23/2014 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Fabulous product! This is everything I wanted Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser to be! And as a HUGE plus, it contains beneficial ingredients to skin e.g. antioxidants and skin-repairing ingredients. It is also fragrance and alcohol free, great for my sensitive skin.
The finish is so natural - it looks just like healthy, hydrated skin with a slight glow. I would say the coverage is light-medium but it is buildable and easy to blend. I find the lasting power amazing - it lasts until I take it off basically! Also, it does not oxidise.
I have slightly oily (combination) skin that is very breakout prone and I have had no problems from this in that respect. I study ingredients for any hint of comedogenic ingredients and there are no offenders here! I have NC25ish skin with slightly golden/yellow undertones and use "Light" - my sister who is slightly fairer with more pink undertones uses either Light or Fair.

on 4/24/2013 10:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have pretty high expectations of brands Bobbi Brown, being high end and all, unfortunately this bb cream hasn't quite lived up to them...

However, my main gripe with this product is the lightest shade named 'extra light' (the one I bought) is around an NC20, hardly extra light at all!

I'm just a tad lighter than NC15, so I have to mix this down with something lighter - which is not uncommon for me to have to do with a foundation or bb cream, but it's still frustrating that it's not a proper color match.

So all in all, not so great for the incredibly pale, I didn't really touch on this but the retail price is *quite* expensive, but great coverage and great formulation. But probably wouldn't repurchase unless I get more tanned (not likely considering I like being pale!).

on 4/16/2013 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I agree with some of the previous reviewers, the color was a little too light for me, but the next one up was a little too dark, so I couldn't find a perfect match, however after an hour or two it matched my skin a little better, but still looked pretty unnatural. Not bad...just unnatural. I didn't find it particularly moisturizing, which I was hoping for due to the price, and the fact that I have pretty dry skin!
Not a terrible product, but not excellent either. Won't purchase again, but I still suggest that you try it out, cause BB creams are different for EVERYONE!

This is the first BB cream I've ever used and have to say I'm loving it so far! The finish is incredibly natural (looks like real skin), hydrating and yet controls oil. I do get a bit of oiliness in my t-zone by the end of the day but nothing that some pressed powder or blotting papers can't handle.

Coverage is light to medium (more than a tinted moisturizer, less than most foundations). Consistency is thick, creamy and blendable. I found this extremely easy to apply with a flat foundation brush.

I tested wearing this with photos and did not notice a whitening effect despite the high SPF (35).

Love the skin care benefits associated with this product, but haven't been able to see any effects due to my limited use. Regardless, I think this is a happy medium between a TM and foundation. Great for every day use.

on 9/15/2012 7:41:00 AM

Initially I had trouble with this product.
After searching on YouTube how to apply bb cream I found out the technique can make a difference.
I found the colour blends in well.
It does not last all day with me, if I apply a bit of powder after the cream sets on my face it lasts a bit longer. It does take a long time to set.
I have had a few breakouts however I didn't give up on this product...really difficult to explain but in the long run my skin has cleared up. The breakouts may be an odd one here and there but my actual acne has started to clear up.
I have used it under foundation, looks flawless for a couple of hours then turns cakey so don't do that!
Wear moisturiser underneath or it will highlight dry patches. Don't wear primer.
Use fingers. Brushes will just soak it up and looks bad in general.

I have a love-hate relationship. As it is clearing up my acne I will use it until it runs out but will most probably try a different bb cream after.
I was hoping for miracles but didn't happen.