Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.9

on 12/28/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly? I was desperate to love this BB cream, I really was, because I'd paid so much money for it (58 dollars!). Despite older people lecturing me on shopping for expensive makeup (because for some reason 19 year olds are only allowed to use drugstore or something?) I decided to go for this BB cream because:

a) the ratings seemed pretty good on here
b) had a good amount of SPF in it, and was fragrance and oil free as far as I remember
c) I was in the market for a new base product that wasn't foundation (too heavy feeling) and wanted something lightweight and unlikely to break me out
d) there didn't seem to be a drugstore BB cream that would be good for me (NYX didn't have my shade, Loreal's and Rimmel's apparently suck, couldn't find the Maybelline ones anywhere, etc) - same for higher end brands.

So I bit the bullet and bought this. For reference, I have a medium skin tone with lots of post acne marks on my cheeks and chin, and prominent pores and blackheads on my nose. I get a few pimples here and there but I don't get as much as I used to before. Most of my problems are from acne marks. Anyway, seeing as this is a BB cream I did not have any expectations for it cover all my problem areas. I knew I would need concealer but I already had a pretty good one and just wanted something to even out my skin tone and make my skin look "better" - I don't know, maybe more luminous and dewy? Or at least smooth over my pores? Just better than what it is without makeup. Not so red, I guess. Bare in mind that my overall skin texture is actually pretty good, just very red.

To cut the crap, here are some pros and cons:

**PROS**:
- Didn't break me out
- Has really good coverage considering it's a BB cream
- Feels very lightweight on the skin
- Matches my skin tone EXACTLY (it's almost scary!)
- Easy to blend

**CONS**:
- Accentuates skin texture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was my biggest problem with it. It emphasized my pores and, believe it or not, even the bumps on my skin (zits that haven't formed a head yet). Honestly, I looked worse with this BB cream than if I had nothing on.

- Wear time is bad, and the powders I've used haven't extended it much. I'm surprised by this, as I have pretty normal skin that though is problematic and acne prone, is not excessively oily nor dry. But for the life of me, I couldn't do anything (setting spray or powder) that would make it stay long enough so that my blemishes don't show through again during the day - whenever I'd go to the bathroom on a break between lectures, they were visible again! Even the slight green tinge in my philtrum area (mustache) would show through relatively quickly!

Bear in mind I do not usually prep my skin before applying this stuff. I plan to use a moisturizer just before to see how it looks on my skin to compare, and I'll provide an update. Maybe I'll use a primer. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this product. The overall impression I get is that if you have great skin texture (i.e.: flawless skin that probably doesn't even need makeup in the first place!) then you'd like this. For 58 dollars it should've been way, way better than this. Even if it works with a primer/moisturizer/MAC fix plus, for that price it shouldn't need those things!

My advice would be to give this a pass. If you have flawless skin, you can buy something for a fraction of the price from the drugstore that would work way better than this thing. Going back to my trusty Loreal True Match. Should never have strayed!

Despite how thick the formula is, this BB cream is surprisingly light coverage. It lightly evens out my skin tone but does not work well to cover any major redness or scarring.

Because of its convenient squeeze tube and quick application, this BB cream is what I reach for almost daily. This is the first BB cream I have stuck to. I do not find that it breaks me out and provides good enough coverage for what I like.

I have combination skin and I would not recommend this to those with oily skin types as it does slip and slide. Also, if you have dry patches - this will cling to it (not extremely though).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Price: On sale was cheap, but expensive on the regular (cant justify the repurchase)
Packaging: Good, sleek sturdy plastic squeeze bottle
Texture: Like a medium thickness moisturiser
Colour match: For my neutral to pink toned pale skin, close enough though still a touch dark and a smidge yellow and needs to be blended into neck
I bought this product at a factory for about $15 cheaper then the original price because as a pale person I have a hard time finding a bb cream that is even vaguely light enough. At first you might attempt to apply this with your fingers or a brush. DON'T APPLY IT LIKE THAT. It will be bad, it will sit on the skin like a weird tiny clumped mask that will look unnatural and it will oxidise and set like this. Gross looking, gross feeling. INSTEAD: Grab a beauty blender, whether it be the original or one of its many dupes and get it ready (wet it, squeeze out the water) then apply the bb cream onto the face in little dabby bits, a dot on the front of the cheek, a dot or 3 on around the edges of the face (or like 5, I have big cheeks) and dab and blend with a bouncing movement in with a medium pace, repeat on forehead, nose and neck. Tah Dah, it looks 10 times better, actually looks even natural, wont clump if you blend well, might oxidise a bit. The finished look should be a glowy but not too shiny look with light to medium coverage that's nice if you want the freckles to shine through a bit but even the skintone out.
Use concealer, this wont cover the pimples, lasts pretty well but it is a bb cream. Has spf which is a plus.
Not a HG product and perhaps not the best BB out but pretty good if you use the above technique and can deal with the price tag

I have purchased this BB cream during the summer time, when I was looking for a lightweight base and a comfortable wear. I have a dry skin, so got the tube of this BB cream in hopes to have a hassle free make-up product on the go.

This is a very comfortable product to wear, it doesn't make you feel dry and gives your skin that lovely light coverage. You do need a concealer in case you want to cover any redness or dark spots - this BB cream alone is not enough.

I also find that it is a difficult one to build, it does move around quite a bit when you attempt to layer it. Other than that this is a nice product to try, but it is not the best one on the market. Plus 46 USD is a bit too much for what you get.

You can find more thoughts on this product in the blog review below. Perhaps it helps some of you guys!

on 7/17/2015 12:49:00 AM

I got a deluxe sample size of this at sephora with my points and I used it all up until the very last drop!
This feels lightweight yet very creamy and a nice thick product (thick in a good, nourishing, high quality product way. It was not sheer or skimpy). It covers very well! My redness was camouflaged but I did need to use an under eye concealer.

I am normally a daily eldw person, but I used this when I was having a laid-back day and wanted something on my face. Think the shades are very pure, it didn't oxidize on me, and it was a very moisturizing bb cream! My favorite bb creams are this and the one by smashbox (which controls oil well with a powder over it), but I found this to be more nourishing. This is definitely better than tinted moisturizers, I think this is far more superior than the nars tinted moisturizer...which I was a huge fan of

My three complaints are that the price is high for what is essentially a glorified tinted moisturizer, the shades mostly lean peachy on my skin (still workable but I expected it to come off as neutral-yellow), and I do use a physical sunscreen under this for extra uva protection

At first I really loved this product. Great smell, great match with my skin and so moisturizing! but then, it broke me out SO BADLY! It been 4 months since I stopped using this bb cream and still couldn't clear my skin. I'm so disappointed. :(

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Light coverage, light weight, even skin tone, long lasting wear, blends well with other make up and is great for oily skin. I find the price suitable given the brand name and quite frankly, the price is worth the great product that you get, in return. As for the packaging, believe it or not, but you can squeeze every last drop out of the tube.

I recenty purchased the bobbi brown BB Cream in the shade Light, and I am in love with it.. Unlike my previous BB cream which made me look like a pile of ash by hour two, this bb cream gives my face the perfect glowy warm tones. The coverage is medium, much more than any bb creams that I have used. I would say that the price is a downside, but a little goes a long way. A 40 ml tube should last you around 2 months. The formula is so light weight, it feels like I have nothing on. I use finishing powder on top of the cream as I have an oily T zone and the humidity where I live is crazy. I suggest you buy this if you have sensitive skin, and your skin routine doesnot include applying sun block or Anyone looking to break down their skincare and beauty routine into one easy step.

PS : This stuff is addictive.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay, so first things first (I'm the realest, kidding) I'm not really fond of Bobbi Brown products, I think all her items are "meh". From concealers to eyeshadows to foundations. I thought I'd give this I try so I did, when I first applied applied it - it felt weird and it has that sunblock feel to it. So I was rubbing it like crazy on nose, and I only used like a pea sized amount. When I was done applying it, after a minute or so I feel like my skin was suffocating and really oily + sticky. My skin was begging me to remove it. It does a good job at covering redness and lightening scars but my skin did not like it. After an hour my skin went from sticky to a complete oil slick. Yuck. AND ITS EXPENSIVE SO I WOULD NOT REPURCHASE THIS. I do prefer the Chanel Les Beige all in one healthy glow fluide. It's light and blends like a dream. Although I am oily, and the product is meant for dry to normal(?) it manages my oil pretty well. So yeah. This thing sucks

I actually really like this bb cream a lot. At first I didn't care much for this because I thought it was patchy and it oxidized badly but I was using it wrong that's all! This is kind of like a foundation because the finish is sheer but can be built up to a medium coverage and with a little bit of concealer and some powder it looks like foundation. I love how this bb cream also has a nice dewy glow to it but with powder it's a semi matte finish. It also smells strongly of sunscreen too but in a weird way I actually really enjoy the smell. I would repurchase this and I would recommend to everyone to try it out!