Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad 002 Smokey Brun

Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad 002 Smokey Brun

3.4

MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ETHYLHEXYL DIMETHYL PABA, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, TIN OXIDE, IRON OXIDES, FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 42090), FD&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI 19140), FD&C RED NO. 40 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI16035), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CARMINE (CI 75470), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)

on 7/10/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Picked it up at WalMart on clearance on a whim because ELF nuetrals like smear and fade icky fast. Normally $9 for only paid $3.50. It shows up beautiful on my fair/med skin and lasts til i wash my face. It looks wonderful with my blue/green eyes and makes them look like sexy brown smoked. I'd definatly rec. You try it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this on a whim at Walgreens because it was on sale for like $2.50. Works great, the colors are a perfect combination, & the pigmentation is true to the color. I use the lighter colors when I do wings because it really makes them stand out & gives them more definition! I use the entire colors when I go out for a more sexy appeal! Definitely worth trying!

To Read all 43 Reviews, Login or Join

The old version of this quad was poor quality but workable with a good primer and a wet brush. The new, current version is worse. It swatches reasonably well but looks terrible on the eye. It's extremely sheer and not buildable at all - it actually seems to have 0 pigment no matter what I do. A waste of money, even at its low price. If you're looking for inexpensive options I would recommend Wet n Wild, make up academy, make up revolution, sleek or Inglot over this.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this quad. I have had it awhile and noticed in the pictures the packaging has changed. I do not use all the colors together. I use 3 out of the 4 shades for various looks. I think the quality of this product is great as well as the price. No problem with it at all. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this quad and have purchased it twice. The shades of browns seem neutral enough so that they are very wearable for me. I don't need a lot of color pay off from eye shadows. The amount of color I get works for me. The shades in this quad makes my blue eye color stand out. To me they are easy to apply with a good brush. I use the darkest shade to fill in, and define my eyebrows. I found that it is the perfect shade I need to match my brows. This quad is easy to use, fool proof for me. I will keep buying it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Not that great of a formula... Chalky, faintly pigmented and both lightest colors have the same color payoff on the lids. But I did find this useful as a simple quad before getting rid of it. I used the brown color to fill in my brows, and used the light colors over a L'Oreal eye primer as all-over lid colors, and they did their job pretty well. Are there better drugstore eyeshadows out there? Definitely. But for a couple of dollars this isn't so bad.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love these eyeshadows, the show up great, well pigmented and I love the shimmer in them! I will buy these eyeshadows again!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this even though I have brown eyes because I needed a good neutral palette and a few Youtubers recommended this for school. Since school's right around the corner, of course I bought it. I have a love-hate relationship with this, though.
Pros:
Great for everyday or in a rush.
Two lightest colors are good for setting cream eyeshadows
Decent lasting power.
Cons:
Colors are VERY sheer and they all show up nearly the same (except the darkest shade).
The shadows break off when you just touch it with a brush or finger, which causes a lot of product wasted.
A LOT of fall out.
It's an alright product to me, but I won't be repurchasing it after I'm finished with it (which will be very soon because of it easily breaking :1).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Considering this is a cheap drug store product I will try not to be too critical...
- Colour pigmentation is medium
- My shades do not look nearly as beautiful and shimmery as in the pictures above!
- Fairly "chalky" & DRY, hard to get enough on your brush for application (except #4 - darkest)
- It brings out my blue eyes decently I guess
- Product is messy, about a week after using this the colours were everywhere over the quad...
- Applicator brush it comes with SUCKS!
- Disappointed with the lightest champagne colour, very dry and little colour pay-off on lid
- Dissapointed with the gold colour, looks brown and dull on eyes

Overall I think that if you have some good brushes and decent makeup skills you can make this really work for you! I bought this mainly for the gold and champagne colours but both were a disappointment... but if you just need a cheap eyeshadow palette, this will do.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Not a bad quad. I find I use this more than I expect. All 4 shades have shimmer, so if you are looking for an everyday matte or satin quad, this is not it (I suggest you check out the NYX Trio in The Brazilian). I like the lightest shade for a brow highlight (can't tell it has that much shimmer, looks more satin). I use the mink shade for a shimmery lid color, and the wheat brown shade as a satin crease color for a simple flattering look for blue eyes. I add the darker brown shade (has some gold shimmer) for a bit more drama or flair at night. I think the pigmentation is decent (it's not amazing, but c'mon it's $5). It's not terrible, or I'd tell you to skip.