MAC Sun Blonde

MAC Sun Blonde

4.8

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 1/4/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this on a whim at a CCO while I was on vacation. It was unlike any other color I have and I love Mac eyeshadows so I bought it. Plus it was cheap, like $12 I believe, which is pretty good for a Mac shadow. I don't use this often because I'm a student and I mostly wear neutrals to school but I LOVE it. It's a lovely mustardy yellow gold-ish color with slight shimmer. I believe it was limited edition but it can still be found on EBay. Its texture is smooth and it's pigmented. I apply two layers to get the color I want. I apply this with my sigma lid shader, a Mac 217, or just any drugstore shadow brush. I've never worn this without a primer just because I don't really wear any powder shadows without a primer. I don't know how it lasts alone or with a base but I know it lasts well with a primer. Today I wore this on the lid with mac's saddle in the crease.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

LOVE THIS YELLOW!!!!!! Makeup artists are always saying that gals with hazel eyes should wear yellows, but until THIS yellow, that was not particularly true for me. Something about this eyeshadow is just cool-toned enough, and the texture is just shimmery enough (without being frosty) to really brighten the eyes. Even on my London-pale skin I was able to pull this off the other day, with just a tad of lighter gold on the inner corners, some black liner and mascara, and a touch of Warmed MSF on the cheeks and a peachy gloss and it looked fabulous!
If you are interested in yellows but have so far not found the right one, try this one out! I have owned a million golds, Chrome Yellow, Going Bananas, etc and until this one none of them worked. Sun Blonde is a gem! I want a back up!

on 7/10/2011 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Sun Blonde is a great yellow shadow, which released with the Surf Baby Collection, Summer 2011. It is the most wearable yellow I have ever seen and it's application is perfect. It goes on nicely and evenly.

on 7/2/2011 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I cannot believe how much I love this eyeshadow. I normally stay away from yellow in my clothing because it just doesn't work with my coloring, but this color is working for me. This is way out of my comfort zone, but it works with so much. I've used this on my eyelid with gray, teal, copper or orange eye shadows in the corner or in the crease. It works with so many colors. I would buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wanted to buy Sun Blonde and it sold out so quickly online and I was dissapointed (I also wanted the hibiscus lippie from the Surf Baby collection, sold out online as well :/ ). I stopped by my Macy's MAC counter and by sheer luck they still had both! This is a very unique color, and the closest thing I have to it in my collection is Lancome's Center Stage, but Sun Blonde is much more wearable for daytime looks. The texture is great, the pigmentation is good, and this looks lovely paired with MAC Saffron in the crease (also MAC's Humid is another good crease color). This creates a beautiful summertime look. Too bad it's LE :/

on 6/15/2011 9:35:00 PM

LOVING this color. Excellent for a natural look (although you can still dress it up); it really emphasizes my hazel eyes so it's perfect for those not-much-time, on-the-go days. I just brush it on the lid, blend it out a little, put on some mascara and I'm good to go! If you have hazel eyes then stop wasting time and go get it now! You won't regret it.

on 6/14/2011 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty, summery colour. Applied sparingly, it adds a gentle colour to the lid without looking gaudy or sickly, unlike some golden/yellow tones out there. The packaging is nice, too.

on 6/13/2011 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Beautiful, unique mustard-yellow shadow with a subtle green hint to it. Sun Blonde is unlike any color I've seen since I started getting into MAC around 2007. Remains true to pan on my NARS Tahoe/NC44ish skin, and it's hella pigmented so you can either go with a light hand for a subtle hint of color or go crazy and let your eyes pop! It's LE, so grab it while it's out!

on 6/6/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I literally have been using this one everyday since it came out it mixes well with sooooo many other colors..Sun Blonde goes on my lids and I blend it out with a darker color in my crease-i mix with saffron, expensive pink and oter warm tone colors..I had to go get a backup bc I have never used any eyeshadow everyday like I am this one.Get IT B4 IT'S Gone

on 6/4/2011 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Like it a lot, but don't know what to do with it yet! :) Seriously, love the color (so unique) and it has a great texture but I am still fairly new to e/s combos and I really need to experiment to figure this one out!