4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

If the packaging were better, this particular color, and the formula for the entire line, would be my HGs. Excellent colors, wear, dry down/ staining left behind is fabulous- yes, they're a little drying, but worth it for my (normal, I think) lips, but I still think I like the formula itself better than MACs. BUT, oh my god, the packaging is so bad. You might think "Well, it's a $2 lipstick, what do you expect?" Simply, I'd expect the packaging to not be so horrendous, that it actually interferes with the usefulness of the product itself. With every single one of these that I've bought, the lipstick has somehow snapped off of the base, and the plastic cap has broken, and chipped itself to pieces. At one store, I even saw them selling it with an extra cap, because they clearly know how awful it is. I'd probably pay twice as much for these if they just fixed this one issue. As it is, I'll probably continue to purchase, but I'll also grumble about it.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

2 years ago

This lipstick has seriously renewed my love of lipstick, and I only wish I had tried it sooner. I remember using Wet and Wild lipstick eons ago, and I wasn't a fan, but I've obviously been missing out, especially with this Megalast formula! I use Burt's Bee's lip balm underneath. I'm shocked at how long the color lasts. And even when it fades, it leaves a nice stain instead of looking blotchy and ugly like some lipsticks tend to do. I have the "In the Flesh" and "Spiked with Rum" shades, and they are my absolute favorite lipsticks - I use them almost exclusively now! They don't dry out my lips, which has always been my biggest problem with lipstick, and they don't bleed either. And you can't beat the price! In the Flesh is kind of a pink "your lips but butter" shade, though I would not consider it nude (which is what I was expecting prior to application). It applies so nicely. I do wish the lipstick swiveled down into the tube because I do bump the lipstick with the cap every so often, but I love ever other detail of this lipstick so much that that's the least of my concerns. Hope they keep adding more colors to this line! LOVE that it's cruelty-free too. <3

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Cheap, smooth, color shows up well, and lasts a long time (without eating). There is nothing to dislike about this lipstick, and other shades in this line. It's a mauve pink type of color that is pleasant on a lot of skin tones.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan

HairBlack

3 years ago

From formula to shade variety one of my favorite lipsticks

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

My HG lipstick color- a warm to neutral rosy nude that looks very natural on my NC20 skin. Excellent value, high pigment - but (understandably) cheap packaging & poor texture (drying & rough slide).

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

from

3 years ago

Such a steal it's hard to miss it! I thought E912C In The Flesh looked like a nude shade, but it turns out pinkish on my olive/medium skin tone. Odd that I see comments on how drying it is, but not for me. I thought it had a little sheen to it. Overall it's a brilliant product that I will repurchase over and ovr again, maybe in different shades. Just one exception: the lipstick can't be twirled down all the way, so I gotta be really careful when I'm opening or closing it.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

I am a fan of this shade. It is a medium pinky brown matte lipstick. It is pretty much the same shade as my lips, a half shade darker maybe. I find it to be reddish pink with brown, not overly cool or warm toned on me. I have light skin, light eyes, light brown hair, slightly warm toned. This is a matte lipstick so it is a bit dry feeling. I always layer lip balm under my lipstick or it would be too uncomfortable to me. I , in general, am not a huge fan or matte lipstick so I can not really say if it is dryer or equal to other brands and the feeling. I mostly only wear a matte l/s at times because they last better than cream lipsticks that I normally use. This lasts well, not as long as the liquid catsuit lipstick they make but longer than a cream lipstick. This shade is not white based so it is a good mlbb for me. Main thing I do not like is just that the lipstick does not twist all the way down so you can nick it with the cap always. I find that annoying. But otherwise it is a pretty easy to wear matte shade for me when I need a longer lasting lipstick.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Love the color but it isn't the most flattering lipstick especially when you have dry lips like me. Will need to layer it on lipbalm but when I do that, the color doesn't last. Maybe for 2 hours only. For the price, it's acceptable and I will recommend this to people.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

3.0

3 years ago

Having some extra time after a meeting, I decided to stop and shop for wnw lippies. I tried on several colors but seemed to gravitate towards this nice nude brown shade. Its super gorg on my nc37 skin. After some research, this seemed to be a dupe for mac twig! Boy, this dupe is a steal. It's cheap. But here are the cons:- -Too dry ,u need lip balm -Cos it's so dry ..it feathers,shows lip lines and u feel the beads on your lips ..yikes! -The plastic cap chips easy -closing is a prob, the lipstick always get onto the cap, this is manufacturing defect..ehem wnw I'm talking to you! -packaging looks cheap Overall, its ok ...it's drugstore brand at drugstore price, so can't complain!

About reviewer (284 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

Edit: Sadly, I've discovered that the MegaLast formula gives me deep, painful, huge lip cystic acne. It clogs my lip pores somehow or I'm allergic to an ingredient. This is rare, I'm sure, so I'm only docking one lippy. I still recommend you try the formula, but buy one shade and test it WELL for reactions. I bought nearly the whole collection before I made the connection. Clearly I won't be rebuying. :( Original Review: Well, this is unexpected. Based on lip swatches online, I expected a rosy-brown nude. On me (fair yellow/olive) this is more of a medium, brown-peachy terracotta. It isn't very rosy at all. Definitely closer to the first picture here as opposed to the latter. This is a shade darker than my lips but definitely warmer, I normally go rosey/mauve for MLBB. I could see myself wearing this if I were tanned/heavy bronzed, but it doesn't do much for my normally pale complexion. The formula is great, typical MegaLast, thick and creamy, opaque, no settling into lip creases. I won't reorder since this shade just isn't really for me.

About reviewer (278 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral