Wet 'n' Wild In The Flesh

Wet 'n' Wild In The Flesh
In The FleshIn The Flesh

4.3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

From formula to shade variety one of my favorite lipsticks

My HG lipstick color- a warm to neutral rosy nude that looks very natural on my NC20 skin. Excellent value, high pigment - but (understandably) cheap packaging & poor texture (drying & rough slide).

on 4/24/2017 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am a fan of this shade. It is a medium pinky brown matte lipstick. It is pretty much the same shade as my lips, a half shade darker maybe. I find it to be reddish pink with brown, not overly cool or warm toned on me. I have light skin, light eyes, light brown hair, slightly warm toned. This is a matte lipstick so it is a bit dry feeling. I always layer lip balm under my lipstick or it would be too uncomfortable to me. I , in general, am not a huge fan or matte lipstick so I can not really say if it is dryer or equal to other brands and the feeling. I mostly only wear a matte l/s at times because they last better than cream lipsticks that I normally use. This lasts well, not as long as the liquid catsuit lipstick they make but longer than a cream lipstick. This shade is not white based so it is a good mlbb for me. Main thing I do not like is just that the lipstick does not twist all the way down so you can nick it with the cap always. I find that annoying. But otherwise it is a pretty easy to wear matte shade for me when I need a longer lasting lipstick.

on 4/29/2017 11:57:00 AM

My go to nude lipstick. This is a matte color so you will need to put lip balm on before hand.

I LOVE the inexpensive price.

This is a MLBB shade.

on 4/8/2017 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the color but it isn't the most flattering lipstick especially when you have dry lips like me. Will need to layer it on lipbalm but when I do that, the color doesn't last. Maybe for 2 hours only. For the price, it's acceptable and I will recommend this to people.

on 5/28/2017 10:58:00 AM

Such a steal it's hard to miss it! I thought E912C In The Flesh looked like a nude shade, but it turns out pinkish on my olive/medium skin tone. Odd that I see comments on how drying it is, but not for me. I thought it had a little sheen to it. Overall it's a brilliant product that I will repurchase over and ovr again, maybe in different shades. Just one exception: the lipstick can't be twirled down all the way, so I gotta be really careful when I'm opening or closing it.

on 3/16/2017 10:47:00 AM

Having some extra time after a meeting, I decided to stop and shop for wnw lippies. I tried on several colors but seemed to gravitate towards this nice nude brown shade. Its super gorg on my nc37 skin. After some research, this seemed to be a dupe for mac twig! Boy, this dupe is a steal. It's cheap.

But here are the cons:-
-Too dry ,u need lip balm
-Cos it's so dry ..it feathers,shows lip lines and u feel the beads on your lips ..yikes!
-The plastic cap chips easy
-closing is a prob, the lipstick always get onto the cap, this is manufacturing defect..ehem wnw I'm talking to you!
-packaging looks cheap

Overall, its ok ...it's drugstore brand at drugstore price, so can't complain!

on 12/31/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a very inexpensive lipstick in a gorgeous, wearable, MLBB shade that seems to work on a wide array of skintones. On some people this comes off as a nudey, fleshy (duh) pink but on my fair/light complexion it pulls more pink brown. I have a bunch of these matte lipsticks and although you can't fault them for the price the formula is so drying that you definitely need some lipbalm underneath or on top to wear them comfortably (or better yet exfoliate before application). It feels a bit heavy on the lips, so if this bothers you a lot I wouldn't recommend this range of lipstick. If this had a smoother, creamier texture it would be my favorite lip product ever. The packaging is awful, the rim of the cap breaks easily and it's very flimsy and comes off in your handbag, so not a good one to carry around with you.

PROS:
Shade
Opaque color
Price

CONS:
Drying
Feels heavy
Packaging

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Edit: Sadly, I've discovered that the MegaLast formula gives me deep, painful, huge lip cystic acne. It clogs my lip pores somehow or I'm allergic to an ingredient. This is rare, I'm sure, so I'm only docking one lippy. I still recommend you try the formula, but buy one shade and test it WELL for reactions. I bought nearly the whole collection before I made the connection.

Clearly I won't be rebuying. :(

Original Review:

Well, this is unexpected. Based on lip swatches online, I expected a rosy-brown nude. On me (fair yellow/olive) this is more of a medium, brown-peachy terracotta. It isn't very rosy at all. Definitely closer to the first picture here as opposed to the latter.

This is a shade darker than my lips but definitely warmer, I normally go rosey/mauve for MLBB. I could see myself wearing this if I were tanned/heavy bronzed, but it doesn't do much for my normally pale complexion.

The formula is great, typical MegaLast, thick and creamy, opaque, no settling into lip creases.

I won't reorder since this shade just isn't really for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite lipsticks from Wet n Wild! I wear this shade so often it's crazy. The pigmentation is amazing and it stays on the lips for a good amount of time. This is the perfect lipstick for someone with a budget, since it's only 2-3 dollars. I will repurchase this shade time and time again ❤