Essie Borrowed and Blue

Essie Borrowed and Blue

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Borrowed and Blue reminds me of Mint Candy Apple so for that reason, I wouldn't re-purchase B&B. The formula is somewhat watery which makes application tricky. This is definitely a two coat application with a third for that extra coverage.
Despite the flaws, B&B is a beautiful baby blue shade that's great for the summer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is such a pretty color. You need 2 coats of this and it looks like a dream. It is a baby pale blue. After 2 coats this color looks shiny and divine. One of my favorites Essie nail polishes. The formula is great, it is thick, has exceptional pigmentation, and does not look streaky as other Essie pastel colors. It lasts long and does not ship easily. This is an staple in my drawer. Goes well as a spring or a winter color. I dream of Essie specially Borrowed and Blue. LOL!

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/19/2015 6:19:00 PM

This is a super-pale pastel baby blue creme. In the bottle, it looks white-blue but it dries to a slightly darker color on the nail. It's similar to Zoya's Blu and Lippmann's Let's Hear It For the Boy, but this shade is a bit lighter and has a very slight gray tinge. It's stark, vivid, and very saturated. It is a little bit chalky-looking, but not as much as a lot of pastels.

Decent formula. It was opaque but slightly patchy with two coats, I'd call this one a three-coater. Application was smooth, no problems with wear.

Overall, I liked this but I did not love it. Wouldn't buy it again.

I love this color. It's a light pastel baby blue color... you'd think it would be a nightmare to apply (most pale colors are streaky/thin/difficult), but I had minimal problems with this! Of course it will never apply as nicely as say, a red nail polish, but for a pale pastel powdery baby blue, it applied like a dream. Opaque in 2 coats. Slightly streaky, but the 2nd coat covers it up (and that's to be expected for a color like this). The pigmentation is amazing. The lasting power is great and with a good base coat and top coat, you can expect this polish to stay put for 5 days with no chipping.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is one of the prettier baby blues I've seen. Though it applies slightly streaky(you need @ least 2 coats), It's extremely durable(I wore it for 2 weeks and it barely chipped) and like other Essie polishes, it's finish is shiny, thick, and beautiful(You don't even need a top coat with this one). I chose this shade while getting a mani(it came in a mini), but if I'd find it around, I'd purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Borrowed and Blue is one of my favorite blue polishes, if not my absolute favorite. I adore this sweet shade of baby blue. B&B is perfect for a spring day and does not turn my fingers lobster red against it. It's a breeze to apply, only needing two coats to achieve opaqueness, and lasts for most of a week unless I pick at it. If I could never find this polish again or my bottle smashed I would be devastated. One of Essie's best, for sure.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

in my experience with borrowed and blue by Essie it was a beautiful color that achieved opacity in 3 thin coats and chipped frequently. I wish it lasted longer. but I do love the color so id repurchase.

I have very fair skin, and I got this as a Christmas gift because I wanted to try out an Essie polish. I actually REALLY like this color! To get an opaque finish, I only had to use one coat! With a top coat, it goes 7 days without chipping, and it is just the most GORGEOUS ice blue! If you can't already tell by all the exclamation points, I'll likely be repurchasing this ;)

on 5/19/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this color, but the application is super streaky even after 2 coats. It also dries a bit chalky if you don't use a topcoat. I will finish the bottle, but will not be repurchasing.

I loooooove this blue. It makes me look like I have some color, great way to start summer off. It is a cool toned, stark baby blue that is opaque in 2 coats. I love it! My boyfriend also loves this on me! I always get asked what it is when I wear it!

Popular Polishes