Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

3.6

Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, Dimethicone, Talc, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Citrate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Citric Acid, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sea Water, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Silica, Hexyl Laurate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Disodium, EDTA, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/12/2017 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Quite moisturising however it is a little bit difficult to spread. Light coverage that is difficult to build up or layer. Made me oily during the day which I wasn't expecting it to do since the finish is quite matte. Lasts through the day without irritating my skin.

Would not recommend as a replacement/alternative to Foundation.

on 7/8/2017 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the best BB cream I've ever used! I got rid of all my other BB creams and foundations and this is the only one I use. That being said, the one downside it has is that it doesn't work well when I'm having an oily day, it gets super greasy. I do not recommend using a moisturizing primer under this, it's just too much.

on 6/11/2017 8:44:00 PM

I received a very generous sample of this from Sephora and while I love the texture -- it's so light and almost feels like you're applying a gel cream! -- it oxidizes like MAD. I originally thought it might be too grey for me, but when I applied it, it looked relatively seamless (although for those who are very pale or very dark, this definitely will not work) and gave me a really light, natural coverage. So I was really happy until I went outside and looked in the mirror and realized I looked like a really ripe, color-infused grapefruit (not an orange, as I have a very, very big head. Big heads of the world, unite!). I tried it twice, both with and without my usual SPF moisturizer underneath, but that made no difference -- hello, oxidization. And, as a bonus, it gets shinier and shinier as it oxidizes.

I won't speak to how well my oily, sensitive skin adjusted to it, as I haven't worn it long enough for my skin to react. Two stars for the lovely texture.

on 5/13/2017 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Among the three Dr. Jart BB creams that I have tried (Black label detox, Silver label rejuvenating, Water Fuse), this one is my least favorite. It has sheer coverage and is not very good in oil control. All three BB cream shades are a match for my NC20 skintone.
For reference:
Silver label = full coverage
Black label =medium coverage
Water fuse = light coverage

My HG is silver label because of its foundation like coverage, looks natural when set properly, and good in oil control.

Here's a comparison and swatches of the three BB creams:

normhttp://www.miss-shopcoholic.com/2013/07/dr-jart-bb-cream-swatches-and-comparison.html?m=0al

on 1/5/2017 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Another winner from Dr. Jart, provided you have the skin type for which this product is designed. My dry, fair skin loves this. Loves. This. That said, if your skin isn't fair AND dry, steer clear!!

This is the only face product I can use during brutal New England winters and not have to worry about flakes and dry patches popping up. I use it to balance out redness and even out my skin while getting some sun protection. More importantly, however, it provides continued moisture throughout the day in a way that no other BB cream or tinted moisturizer I've used ever has. This makes it perfect for my dry skin while simultaneously making it an oily-skinned person's worst nightmare, which explains this product's mixed reviews.

Application is foolproof - no brush or beautyblender required, so it's excellent for smearing on my face early in the morning when I'm sleepy. It stays on nicely until I remove it at night. Thankfully, it has no fragrance.

Coverage is light, but buildable. Finish is dewy. Sometimes I even don't bother with highlighter because this product gives my face such a nice, natural glow.

My wintertime HG!

Love love love!
I have fair skin and use this daily. I am able to skip foundation and my skin actually looks better every day I wear it! It not only helps with evening out skin tone but it improves the health of your skin. I love that you can see the tiny little water droplets form as you rub it in!!
I will buy and use this forever! Sephora stopped carrying it but I got an amazing deal on Amazon. Actually better price than Sephora!!
It is mainly for lighter skin tones though. Dr J's has other for darker tones...

Although reviews for this have been so-so, it is my HG. I love everything about it, especially the fact that it's the only bb that doesn't break me out. I'm 50 (yikes!) And am told I look much younger. I think this product helps with that.

on 11/3/2015 10:30:00 PM

I had my doubts after reading all the reviews, but this baby's been sitting in a box for 3-4 years and I had to finally use! I'm just beginning to lighten up from a deep summer tan and the shade is perfect, providing great coverage (more than my much-loved Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer). It applies grey, but sinks in to match my tone. I have oily skin, but I don't think I look any greasier at the end of the day. The cherry on top, this really feels like a real sunscreen as opposed to tinted moisturizer where I'm always wondering if I've worn enough sunscreen. Yes, I would buy this product again, but highly unlikely since I like trying new products.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty good product. I use it as my everyday makeup, sometimes on its own and sometimes with some lucy minerals finishing powder dusted on top. While obviously it doesn't offer a lot of coverage, it looks very natural and does even out the skin tone. It's easy to apply and I like that it contains aloe vera. I have dry, (very) sensitive skin and this hasn't caused me any problems at all.

on 6/30/2015 9:54:00 PM

I do not like this product as much as I like the V7 bb cream or the Black Label bb cream. I think the texture of this cream makes me look oily throughout the day and it does not provide as much color as the other two bb creams. The shade is a bit on the light side, for me it is fine, but for darker-skinned people it will certainly not be a good match.